Can't edit, copy or delete my game files in gamepass

Discus and support Can't edit, copy or delete my game files in gamepass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; hello. i installed atomic heart from gamepass and it always installs on a folder windowsapps in my D drive. But I cant edit, copy or delete anything in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DripMaykr, Feb 23, 2023.

1. DripMaykr
    DripMaykr Guest

hello. i installed atomic heart from gamepass and it always installs on a folder windowsapps in my D drive. But I cant edit, copy or delete anything in those folders.

In the manage option it says 'this game does not support advanced installation and management features atomic heart'. and this is the case for all games

what should i do? i formatted my partitions to ntfs, resetted gaming services/ms store/xbox app, also ran this powershell script to check issues with every store apps that another support guy gave me.

please help.

:)

DripMaykr, Feb 23, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good afternoon

The issue you're experiencing is a common one with Game Pass games installed via the Microsoft Store. The "WindowsApps" folder is a protected system folder, which means that by default, you don't have permission to edit, copy, or delete files within it. This is done to prevent accidental or malicious modification of important system files.

However, there are a few things you can try to regain access to these files:

Take Ownership of the Folder: You can try taking ownership of the "WindowsApps" folder, which will give you full control over it. To do this, right-click on the folder, select "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, click "Advanced," and then click "Change" next to the owner name. Type your username in the "Enter the object name to select" field, click "Check Names" to validate it, and then click "OK." Make sure to select the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects" option before clicking "Apply" and "OK."

Enable Full Control Permissions: You can also try granting yourself full control permissions to the "WindowsApps" folder. To do this, right-click on the folder, select "Properties," go to the "Security" tab, click "Edit," select your username from the list of Group or user names, and then check the "Full Control" checkbox under "Allow." Make sure to select the "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object" option before clicking "Apply" and "OK."

Move the Game Folder: If you're still having trouble accessing the files, you can try moving the game folder to a different location on your computer, such as your desktop or another non-system partition. You can do this by right-clicking on the game in the Microsoft Store or Xbox app and selecting "Move" from the menu.
  3. iamscott1962 Win User

load failed...

no idea how to edit. how do i go into my wwe save file? is it called wwe 12 saved game? if i select it i see copy/move/delete.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Xbox Games compatible with the Xbox Pc App

Play anywhere is a separate copy of the game and are only covers digital copies

You are better off using gamepass at that point

Computers use exes or coms files and with xbox games are also encrypted

Vs consoles they use encrypted xvd files
  5. Daft Badger Win User

No Witcher 3 saves

The GOTY edition is classed as a separate game with it's own achievements & save files.

The version on gamepass was just the base game so your save won't work on the GOTY edition.
  6. IceStorm III Win User

switching my 250g HDD s360 to another s360 ? ?

Save game files on a HDD are not deleted when Copied to a USB MU. They are only deleted when Moved.

Some save game files cannot be copied, only moved (Splinter Cell Conviction is one such game). Some are also bound to the console they're created on (Forza series). Most can be copied without issue.
Thema:

1. Can't edit, copy or delete my game files in gamepass - Similar Threads - Can't edit copy

2. I can't get Java edition with my Bedrock edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't get Java edition with my Bedrock edition: I have Minecraft Bedrock edition for pc & when I try to get my free copy java edition it doesn't say "get" like it says it should it says "buy". In the launcher it shows play/install for bedrock...
  3. I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Minecraft Java Edition.: I attached an image of the issue I am having. It won't let me download Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC. I have the bedrock downloaded but it won't let me download Java. What do I do?...
  4. Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I gift my friend Minecraft Java edition it said check for unpaid bills and I did...: Contact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more info 2AP6RMktyEWJYSFjVuR7pQ.198.6.4 d46af0bf-2982-46e2-ba8c-5d9feeef78eb
  5. Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install Starfield Premium Edition, when I paid for it?: On 9/1/23 I purchased Starfield Premium Edition on my PC through the Xbox app on PC. I am not able to re-install the Premium Edition of the game for some reason. f15a2f1d-ef4d-4917-84a6-61ba8fe16e51
  6. Can't download Mass Effect Legendary Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Hi all, I need assistance installing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I have Ultimate Game Pass, and EA app installed. But when I open the EA app and navigate to the ME Legendary Edition, the...
  7. Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't click on multiplayer in Minecraft java edition, but multiplayer works on Windows version.: I bought Minecraft today and wanted to play with friends but i cant click on multiplayer to join their world on Java. Or any other server/world. Then i went to the site, left my family group...
  8. Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I install "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series...: I purchased "MS Flight Simulator Standard 40th Anniversary Edition - Xbox Series X/S and Windows" from my local Gamestop store on Cyber Monday. Redeemed it successfully with Product Code at bottom...
  9. Why can't I save my edited Avatar?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I save my edited Avatar?: I have googled and tried every suggestion that I have read. Nothing seems to work. I always get the "something went wrong" error message. Has anybody figured this out? I have uninstalled and...
  10. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...