Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore

Discus and support Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I can no longer download games using my Xbox app (or Windows Store) on my PC. I have several games on the app outside of Game Pass, such as Gears 4 and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TheTingler1982, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore

I can no longer download games using my Xbox app (or Windows Store) on my PC. I have several games on the app outside of Game Pass, such as Gears 4 and Psychonauts 2, but I now can't download any of them. It hangs at 0% and even moves the download size all over the place. My Game Pass lapsed early in May but I successfully downloaded the likes of Redfall and Atomic Heart without issue very recently, so I'm not sure what's changed that's stopping my downloads.

I have tried:

• Restarting the app and my PC multiple times
    • Logging out and logging in again
    • Uninstalling the Xbox app
    • Repairing and resetting the Xbox app, gaming services, and Windows Store via Settings/Apps
    • Unticking IPv6 under network settings for my internet and forcing IPv4 manually
    Nothing seems to be working. I even have trouble downloading on the Windows Store too. Every other program, like Steam and Epic, is running and downloading fine.

Any help?

Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore [​IMG]

:)

TheTingler1982, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Anders Nygren Win User

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I’ll definitely check it out. However, that doesn’t explain why my physical Xbox has the same download issues, and why that’s fixed by using wifi instead of Ethernet. I probably have a different issue.
  3. CosmicCraze Win User

Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter - Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps > click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
  4. Anders Nygren Win User

It’s actually on two Xboxes plus all the Microsoft stuff on the Windows PC. Every other device works like a charm, whether on Wifi or Ethernet. It’s super weird. :)
  5. TheTingler1982 Win User

In my case, the issue was caused by something I chose to do (and was advised to) with Windows 11 - throttling Windows Update download speeds.

Windows Update > Delivery Optimization > Advanced Settings

I had previously had issues with download speeds on my new Windows 11 PC and was told that Windows Update sometimes hogged all the resources. I went here and limited its bandwidth. Unfortunately, Microsoft neglects to tell you that it ties Windows Store and the Xbox app downloads into the same resources as Windows Update, so when I chose to limit Update I also kneecapped Store and Xbox. I reset everything there to what it was before, restarted my PC, checked to make sure my changes were saved, and then went to the Xbox app. Lo, it downloads my games normally now.

(Incidentally, this is another in a line of incidents I've had with Windows 11, Xbox app, or Microsoft stuff, where I went to the communities and support staff, no one could help me, and I went and found the solution myself)
  6. TheTingler1982 Win User

Try accessing Windows in safe mode, rename the Xbox Games folder, restart and test.

Press the Windows keys + R, type shutdown -r -o -t 0 and click OK;

Click Troubleshooting > Advanced Options > Startup Configuration > press 5 or F5 key > login as user.

Access This Computer by pressing Windows+E;

Click drive C: or the drive where Windows was installed;

Rename the Xbox Games folder to Xbox Games.old;

Restart the PC and test.

If it persists, try downloading the game from the Microsoft Store instead of the Xbox application.

Note: Make sure the Microsoft account connected is the account that has the game or subscription.
    Nope. Didn't work. Microsoft Store is having the same issue.
Thema:

1. Can't download Xbox app games on Windows 11 anymore - Similar Threads - Can't download app

2. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  3. I can't download/ see sea of thieves in Microsoft store or the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download/ see sea of thieves in Microsoft store or the Xbox app.: So, I'm trying to download sea of thieves on my gaming laptop via the Microsoft store but whenever I search it, it doesn't show up. I've even tried via the Xbox app, but I can't see it either....
  4. i can't download the xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't download the xbox app on pc: when i try to download the app on the Microsoft store and it just says it is downloading and dose not do anything 76fb6d50-65db-4e48-b29b-fbf1e9ce589b
  5. I can't download Xbox App on new Windows 11 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Xbox App on new Windows 11 PC: I recently built a new pc. Getting code : Code: 0x80248007 System Info from dxdiag : Windows 11 Home 64 Bit (10.0, Build 22631) Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 12 core processor...
  6. Can't download game in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download game in XBOX app: On browser it available to download my friend in same country can download but when it link me to XBOX application it can't be downloaded i already try to change country and back reset my PC and...
  7. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  8. I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app: I want to install games onto my HDD as the default drive is an ssd with not much space. When I try to switch it to my H drive (the HDD) it says I need to select a folder but whenever I select a...
  9. Can't download games from the Xbox App Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download games from the Xbox App Windows 10: Hello everyone, I've already red numerous threads regarding this topic, but now have come to the conclusion to ask my questions here. So basically I was able to play as usual as it has always...
  10. I can't download any game in my Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download any game in my Xbox app on pc: I have subscribed to PC game pass and when trying to download any game it show me this error 0x800700490 and I have tried solutions from the internet and it didn't work....