Can't Download Xbox App (Error Code: 0x80070002)

Discus and support Can't Download Xbox App (Error Code: 0x80070002) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Today, I found out about the new Minecraft Launcher and went to download it. When trying to open the Xbox app to do so, however, nothing happened. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SalsaDeliveryMan, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Can't Download Xbox App (Error Code: 0x80070002)

Today, I found out about the new Minecraft Launcher and went to download it. When trying to open the Xbox app to do so, however, nothing happened. I tried all the basic solutions, restarting my laptop, repairing/resetting the app, and uninstalling the app. When I tried to download the app again, though, I received an error (shown in the attached image) saying that there was a problem when downloading the app.

Can't Download Xbox App (Error Code: 0x80070002) [​IMG]

I've tried downloading the app from the Xbox website but received the same error code. The app has worked for me in the past so I'm not sure why it won't work all of a sudden. I did roll back to the previous Windows 11 version, but this didn't help either.

I'm currently using the Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Version Dev, OS Build 22489.1000

:)

SalsaDeliveryMan, Nov 7, 2021
  2. Isaiahb0 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 won't download and install after I upgraded my PC

I am also getting the same error code (0x80070002) when trying to download ANY game on the Xbox app.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Please try the following:

Step 1

- Type Troubleshoot in Windows search and press Enter

- If you can't see troubleshooters, click the Additional troubleshooters option on the right

- Here, find Windows update section

- Click Run the troubleshooter and wait till the process is finished.

Step 2

- Type Services in Windows search and hit Enter

- In the new Windows, scroll down till you find Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS)

- If the service is running, right-click and select Restart

- If not, right-click and select Start

- Do the same with Windows Update service.

Step 3

Press Win + REnter the following and hit Enter:

regsvr32 Qmgr.dll /s

Open the Run dialog again and run the following command:

regsvr32 Qmgrprxy.dll /s

Step 4

For this fix to work, you would have to find another Windows 10 machine of the same version (Home/Pro/Enterprise). If you have access to such a machine, do the following:

- Access another computerType regedit in Windows search and press Enter

- If User Account Control shows up, click YesNavigate to the following location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Services\\TrustedInstaller

- Right-click on the branch and select Export

- Choose the location, name the file trustedinstaller and click Save

- Transfer the file to your computer

- Once the file is on your desktop, double-click the trustedinstaller.reg to merge it with your own registry

- Restart the PC and try updating Windows again.

Step 5

If none of the above helps, you can repair your Windows installation without losing files or installed apps. Here's how to do it:

- Go to the official Microsoft website and download installation files

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...(press Download tool now)

- Once downloaded, double-click the setup.exe

- Accept License and Terms, select Upgrade this PC now, and click Next

- After the necessary files are downloaded, choose Keep personal files and apps

- Click Install (make sure that all apps are closed and not running before doing this)

- Your PC will restart and installation finished
  4. Lightsoiz Win User

Xbox app crashing, I cannot play

I couldnt install gaming services, got the error Code: 0x80070002

Can you resolve this issue? It's a simple app, and I have the game pass, why I can't play????
  5. BubbIeGummi Win User

error code 0x800a40010

i get the error code 0x80070002 when trying to sign into outlook through the mail app
  6. Tman0410 Win User

Can't Open Games

Thanks for trying, but that didn't help. The Windows store won't download gaming services at all. Just hits 97% and says "There has been an error." The error code is 0x80070002 which seems to be something with updating apps or windows overall.
Thema:

1. Can't Download Xbox App (Error Code: 0x80070002) - Similar Threads - Can't Download App

2. Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't download EA app, have changed out of S mode but it keeps crashing & coming up with...: I have acer aspire 3 laptop 5b31e84c-0fe8-43c3-9772-b5fb3577c8ed
  3. I can't download/ see sea of thieves in Microsoft store or the Xbox app.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download/ see sea of thieves in Microsoft store or the Xbox app.: So, I'm trying to download sea of thieves on my gaming laptop via the Microsoft store but whenever I search it, it doesn't show up. I've even tried via the Xbox app, but I can't see it either....
  4. i can't download the xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i can't download the xbox app on pc: when i try to download the app on the Microsoft store and it just says it is downloading and dose not do anything 76fb6d50-65db-4e48-b29b-fbf1e9ce589b
  5. I can't download Xbox App on new Windows 11 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download Xbox App on new Windows 11 PC: I recently built a new pc. Getting code : Code: 0x80248007 System Info from dxdiag : Windows 11 Home 64 Bit (10.0, Build 22631) Gigabyte B650 Gaming X AX AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 12 core processor...
  6. Can't download game in XBOX app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download game in XBOX app: On browser it available to download my friend in same country can download but when it link me to XBOX application it can't be downloaded i already try to change country and back reset my PC and...
  7. Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download and install Forza Horizon 5 from Xbox app on Windows 11?: I have tried everything I could to make it work, everything that is written in support and it still doesn't work. I just get an error message and the code is: 0x87e0000f...
  8. I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't switch downloads to another drive on the xbox app: I want to install games onto my HDD as the default drive is an ssd with not much space. When I try to switch it to my H drive (the HDD) it says I need to select a folder but whenever I select a...
  9. Can't download games from the Xbox App Windows 10

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download games from the Xbox App Windows 10: Hello everyone, I've already red numerous threads regarding this topic, but now have come to the conclusion to ask my questions here. So basically I was able to play as usual as it has always...
  10. I can't download any game in my Xbox app on pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download any game in my Xbox app on pc: I have subscribed to PC game pass and when trying to download any game it show me this error 0x800700490 and I have tried solutions from the internet and it didn't work....