Can't customise avatar on xbox or pc, please help?

Discus and support Can't customise avatar on xbox or pc, please help? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So. I've been trying to customise my avatar for two days now. It's not absolutely urgent that I customise it, but I'm just incredibly frustrated... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AWood08, Feb 19, 2018.

1. AWood08
    AWood08 Guest

So.

I've been trying to customise my avatar for two days now.

It's not absolutely urgent that I customise it, but I'm just incredibly frustrated because I see no reason why I can't. I've got internet access and it worked earlier in the week.

Basically, I tried to change what my avatar was wearing and it comes up with the message "We are unable to show this page at the moment. Try again in a while." I thought that's fine. I'll try the other panels. Everything came up with the same message. I
    just shrugged it off to try again later.

About 3 hours later I tried again and the same message came up.

I made a quick, brand new account today and the avatar app worked like a dream. But I don't want to change my account because I mean: I've still got months of my gold membership, all my game progress, my friends, achievements etc etc.

I had a chat with support who suggested some fixes and I, stupidly, said I'd just exit the chat because I'd be on long enough and didn't want to hold up a space for someone else.

Tried removing my account from the xbox and adding it back, didn't work. Tried changing it on the xbox app on my pc, comes up with the exact same message. I'm so confused that it can work with a random other account. Why not
    my account??

Help would be appreciated!

:)

AWood08, Feb 19, 2018
  2. Wolfy6D
    Wolfy6D Guest
    Avatar Items and Xbox 360 Gold Games

I can't buy avatar items of Xbox 360 gold games on my Xbox One or PC. i am on an adult account but it just doesn't work. Can someone please tell me how to fix it.

Wolfy6D, Feb 19, 2018
  3. medium bloke
    medium bloke Guest
    No way of changing the original avatar? Says Change avatar yet I can't

Hi there, I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the page you're accessing on the laptop.

However, there is indeed a way to access, edit, and take pictures of your avatar on Xbox One.

If you have Kinect, simply say "Xbox, go to Avatars".

If you do not have Kinect, simply go to your profile, press 'Customise Profile', and then select 'Customise Avatar'.

Hope this helps!

medium bloke, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Russell Bays
    Russell Bays Guest

same issue, same response from customer service "Did you try going to X website? Have you tried turning off your computer/xbox/router and restarting them? etc." Wife can edit her avatar no problem, but mine give me the middle finger just for touching any
    of the options to change it. If anyone can help the OP, it'd be greatly appreciated...

Russell Bays, Feb 20, 2018
  5. There was an issues with the avatars that has now been resolved.

Njal the Blue, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

There was an issues with the avatars that has now been resolved.
  7. Russell Bays Win User

same issue, same response from customer service "Did you try going to X website? Have you tried turning off your computer/xbox/router and restarting them? etc." Wife can edit her avatar no problem, but mine give me the middle finger just for touching any
    of the options to change it. If anyone can help the OP, it'd be greatly appreciated...
  8. medium bloke Win User

No way of changing the original avatar? Says Change avatar yet I can't

Hi there, I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the page you're accessing on the laptop.

However, there is indeed a way to access, edit, and take pictures of your avatar on Xbox One.

If you have Kinect, simply say "Xbox, go to Avatars".

If you do not have Kinect, simply go to your profile, press 'Customise Profile', and then select 'Customise Avatar'.

Hope this helps!
  9. Tezzerrific Win User

Why is my Xbox avatar not showing when I play Joyride Turbo?

the game uses the 360 avatar, you would need to customise your Xbox 360 avatar for that particular game.
  10. Njal the Blue Win User

how do I change

On the Xbox one go to profile, select customise and you can edit your gamertag and avatar from there. You can also use the Xbox Avatar app on the Xbox too.
Thema:

1. Can't customise avatar on xbox or pc, please help? - Similar Threads - Can't customise avatar

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. Can't message

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't message: Can't message to other gamers 940583d9-eb4b-45d7-8ffe-8fff61521ad6
  7. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  8. Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download a game from the Minecraft marketplace that I have already bought?: Hi, I am on PC wanting to play one block that I bought from the marketplace about a year and a half ago but when I try and download it, it stays on 0 percent. I have tried multiple methods to fix...
  9. Can't add a payment method fix

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add a payment method fix: At first you need to change your country/region to Germany. And you need to type this address while adding a payment method: Address Line 1: Boylstoin St. Postal code: 01605 City: Worcester...
  10. i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it

in XBoX on Windows
    i have a £10 gift card I can't redeem it: i have got a Xbox gift card it won't redeem 8f77ffb3-395b-4b97-9dfc-4f450ab0b061