Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11

Discus and support Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently bought xbox game pass and wanted to download Forza Horizon 5, it took a long time to install so I decided to stop it. When I tried continuing... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DaffyCow568982, Dec 13, 2021.

  1. Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11


    Recently bought xbox game pass and wanted to download Forza Horizon 5, it took a long time to install so I decided to stop it. When I tried continuing the download it wouldnt do anything. I figured something got corrupt and deleted the files but now it's saying 0% on the xbox app and I can't choose another location to download the game to either. Tried repairing both microsoft store and xbox app, tried clearing the cache, reinstalling xbox app, pretty much anything I could think off but nothing worked. The game is just sitting on pause at 0% and I can't continue to download it. Any solutions to this problem?

    Thanks in advance.

    :)
     
    DaffyCow568982, Dec 13, 2021
    #1
  2. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11

    Excellent let's hope it stays that way!
  3. Dorter Win User

    Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11

    Spoke too soon, broke again after restarting the pc and wont continue either after doing all of the steps again.

    [EDIT] Now I managed to successfully continue the download following this guide https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-not-letting-me-resume-my-download/b47f01c2-41ed-4a7d-aa91-18c06192112f
  4. Dorter Win User

    Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11

  5. Christopher Revoredo Win User

    Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11

    Hi there Daffy welcome to the community forum! Christopher here, an Xbox fan just like you and has been on Xbox for years already. I would really love to make your day by helping you out. I suggest you try these basic troubleshooting steps!

    Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

    Click Check for Updates;

    Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

    Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

    Then try this:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    Then do the same for the Xbox app:

    Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

    After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

    If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

    In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.
  6. Keir Guild Win User

    Can’ launch Game Pass Games from PC (Error 0x80004005)

    Hi Georges,

    Thanks for trying to help.

    I am on Windows 11 and everything is up to date, both windows, the Xbox App and all the games.

    I have verified and repaired all games. I have deleted and reinstalled the Xbox App. I have downloaded a windows 11 iso file and performed an inline install (I.e a complete reinstall of windows 11 but keeping apps and files). None of it has resolved this issue
Thema:

Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11

Loading...
  1. Can't continue download nor reinstall in the xbox app on windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't continue download

  2. New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything

    in XboX Insiders
    New Experience on Cloud issue, can't interact with anything: I openned play.xbox.com and got a pop-up to try the new experience, which I accepted. Now on Chrome, Edge and on the Chrome APP, the interface is different, but everything is "dimmed" / Greyed out...
  3. Can't see the "Claim digital license" option

    in XboX Insiders
    Can't see the "Claim digital license" option: I'm trying to claim the digital license for Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox One) but the option isn't showing up. I'm on Preview Omega, and I just had an update today, showing up on latest but here's the...
  4. I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    I can't use D2D on my Xbox Series X: I'm currently using an Xbox Series X. I installed the Xbox Insider Hub for the first time today, and it says that "This console is in the Preview Omega ring." In the Manage section, it shows:...
  5. Alpha ring Can't play physical discs

    in XboX Insiders
    Alpha ring Can't play physical discs: Hey everyone. I haven't tried to play a physical game in a long while. However with the new disc to digital starting I wanted to try it out. When I put a disc in nothing happens. Literally...
  6. Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...

    in XboX Insiders
    Games disappearing off my library and says I can't play a certain few games cause I don't...: I've noticed games diapering for a bit now and wanna know if it's happening to anyone else cause before it started happening I had like what 450 odd games earlier today I had 359 now it's at 360...
  7. Continued > Can't open my Xbox app on PC.

    in XBoX on Windows
    Continued > Can't open my Xbox app on PC.: I followed this guide and after following Tomm_A's comment on the 10th of October, I'm no longer able to open the Xbox app. All I now see is the Xbox logo and after a few minutes the app closes, I...
  8. My son's Xbox is continuously loading and he can't get to the passcode screen ?

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's Xbox is continuously loading and he can't get to the passcode screen ?: My son can't even get to his passcode screen it is frozen on the loading screen a568642d-5eba-4420-bab9-701112b72aa4
  9. will we get a refund on minecraft dungeons as it continues to crash can't play it, no works

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    will we get a refund on minecraft dungeons as it continues to crash can't play it, no works: will we get a refund on minecraft dungeons as it continues to crash can't play it, nothing works was a great game now its a pain, ce223f53-57c2-4529-a964-af8550bf228e
  10. Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I...: Xbox app and gamepass app: Login live hangs on continue button. I can't use either app as I can't sign in to my account. Every other MS app allows login. How can I log in to these apps?...