Cant connect Xbox One controller Wired to PC Windows 10

Discus and support Cant connect Xbox One controller Wired to PC Windows 10 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I forgot my Elite V2 at home which I used to play on my PC everyday, so now I am trying to use a old Xbox One S controller. My issue... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICE Infinite, Mar 14, 2022.

1. ICE Infinite
    ICE Infinite Guest

Hello,

Recently I forgot my Elite V2 at home which I used to play on my PC everyday, so now I am trying to use a old Xbox One S controller.

My issue is, that even though I can connect to my PC with the Elite V2, i cannot with the One Controller, even though it receives power to the PC via a wired connection.

Im thinking that the controller needs a software update, but even on the Xbox Accessories App, the controller does not appear, nor does it on my device panel.

I've changed cables, ports, update & reset the PC, updated possible drivers and the whole shebang.

Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated,

-H

:)

ICE Infinite, Mar 14, 2022
  2. Miss Bijoux Win User

Xbox 360 controller to windows store games Wont work

Hey there!

Are you trying to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your Windows 10 PC or is it a wired controller? If it's a wired one, here are the steps to

calibrate your controller with your Windows PC.
    You'll want to follow those steps and be sure that everything is set up correctly and try again.

Keep us posted! :)
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  4. WPAK Win User

XBox wireless controller on Windows 10 Pro won't bluetooth

Hi there,

Yes, that update is a requirement.

Please see this link for steps and that the update is required to connect a Xbox One controller to the Windows 10 PC.

It shows how to connect by wire, wireless adapter and via bluetooth.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

If also has a link with troubleshooting steps if connection fails.

https://support.xbox.com/xbox-on-wi...bleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues-windows-10

Side note: Not all Xbox One controllers support bluetooth, the first (older) models do not, see the second link on how to determine if you have a controller that supports it or not.

Let us know the results
  5. Shadowskill08 Win User

Connecting xbox one controller to PC without Bluetooth

You are able to use Xbox One controller through a wired connection on a PC. Here is the support

page
    for controller connections to PC.

Hope this helps!
  6. NiePodam1 Win User

Kontroler xbox one&windows wired controller [Translation - Xbox One & Windows Wired Controller]

Thema:

1. Cant connect Xbox One controller Wired to PC Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant connect controller

2. Cant connect to my wifi (xbox one s)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to my wifi (xbox one s): I cant connect to my wifi. Ive been able to connect it before but since 4 days it hasnt been connected to the wifi. Ive tried restarting both devices it doesnt work. It gives me the same erroe...
  3. Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wifi on Series X even though every other device in the house can: Have owned the series.x for just under 6 hours. First impressions are that it is a complete pile of junk. Have never owned xbox consoles before and thinking I will ditch this one and go back to my...
  4. issue we found your console but cant connect

in XBoX on Windows
    issue we found your console but cant connect: Hello ..I cant stream xbox on my laptop,every time there is an issue we found your console but cant connect...i have 5g internet and i enadbled streaming on other devices on xbox...
  5. why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    why cant my xbox connect to a wireless internet it says i have an hardware problem: I have an hardware problem i cant connect to wifi 8e189b8a-4a79-4bd8-83f1-9e4c7084e9fa
  6. Cant connect. Check your network name and passwords and try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect. Check your network name and passwords and try again.: So recently (as in the past 6 months) I’ve been having this issue with my gfs xbox x where after turning it on occasionally it won’t connect to the internet. It’ll pop up with a message saying...
  7. microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is...

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is...: Hi My microsoft rewards account is suspended and i cant connect to support as the window is greyed out. A few weeks ago my microsoft rewards account got suspended and then i sent them a ticket...
  8. Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing bo2 on xbox one using backwards compatible but cant log in or connect to 360?: Hi there I’ve been trying to play bo2 worked for a bit and then suddenly got signed out and whenever i tried signing in it says connection lost or there has been an error connecting. I’ve tried...
  9. Xbox controller fortnight cant connect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox controller fortnight cant connect: Fortnight doesn’t seem to recognize controller?? 105d3d78-38e1-4fbf-8cb5-5fd86a8605f1
  10. Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why I cant remove and connect my xbox controller: Im trying since yesterday using older and the newest drivers available to connect my xbox controller because I connected it on an xbox and now I cant reconnect it to my computer. I tried to remove...