Can't connect Windows Media Center to Xbox360

Discus and support Can't connect Windows Media Center to Xbox360 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Can't connect Windows Media Center to Xbox360 Hi Everyone, I've been trying for several hours now to get my Xbox360 and Windows7 computer to talk to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DakshinaKali, Dec 31, 2016.

1. DakshinaKali
    DakshinaKali Guest

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying for several hours now to get my Xbox360 and Windows7 computer to talk to eachother: I've changed the Windows Firewall to allow Windows Media Extenders (seriously, why is this not enabled by default???) and turned off my Bullguard Firewall.
    Still I get that same 'Cannot Set Up Extender' message.

If anyone can help me with this, that would be so great!

Thank you and a Happy New Year! Can't connect Windows Media Center to Xbox360 :)

Kind regards

:)

DakshinaKali, Dec 31, 2016
  2. MrTre
    MrTre Guest
    XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center

XBOX 360 and Windows Media Center

Hi,

recently i was checking out the media center settings on my xbox360, and out of curiostiy i started the configuration of windows media center. But i never completed it, becaus i do not have a media center. Now, everytime i turn my xbox360 on, the first thing
    he askes me is to complete the media center configuration.

How do i turn this off? Couldnt find anything about it on the internet of in the settings pane of my xbox360.

MrTre, Dec 31, 2016
  3. OCRyzen
    OCRyzen Guest
    having trouble setting up windows media center.

Talk to IceStorm III that keeps on going of course....

I will say this though... If your Xbox360 connects to the Internet via RJ45 or Wireless N, your Xbox360 extender should have NO problems connecting to your PC...

1. Open Windows Media Center on your Xbox360.. (It will look for your PC)

2. Select "Setup a New Connection" from the list on screen..

3. Keep on selecting Continue, until you see an 8 Digit Code to the right of screen.. (xxxx-xxxx)

4. Open Windows Media Center on your PC..

5. Go to the "Tasks Tab" under the TV Tab & Click on "Add Extender"

6. Click enter & type the 8 Digit Code from the Xbox360..

7. Wait until Windows Media Center, Configures & Authorizes your Xbox360 Extender & syncs it to your PC..

8. Click Finish & both your Xbox360 & PC should be in Windows Media Center..

9. Follow the Steps in Windows Media Center, to add Music, Movies or Pictures to your WMC Library..

_

Move on IceStorm III, as you know squat about it & IPv4 / 6 is used for ANY communication with LAN Devices, Including WiFi.....

OCRyzen, Dec 31, 2016
  4. OCRyzen Win User

Talk to IceStorm III that keeps on going of course....

I will say this though... If your Xbox360 connects to the Internet via RJ45 or Wireless N, your Xbox360 extender should have NO problems connecting to your PC...

1. Open Windows Media Center on your Xbox360.. (It will look for your PC)

2. Select "Setup a New Connection" from the list on screen..

3. Keep on selecting Continue, until you see an 8 Digit Code to the right of screen.. (xxxx-xxxx)

4. Open Windows Media Center on your PC..

5. Go to the "Tasks Tab" under the TV Tab & Click on "Add Extender"

6. Click enter & type the 8 Digit Code from the Xbox360..

7. Wait until Windows Media Center, Configures & Authorizes your Xbox360 Extender & syncs it to your PC..

8. Click Finish & both your Xbox360 & PC should be in Windows Media Center..

9. Follow the Steps in Windows Media Center, to add Music, Movies or Pictures to your WMC Library..

_

Move on IceStorm III, as you know squat about it & IPv4 / 6 is used for ANY communication with LAN Devices, Including WiFi.....
  5. OCRyzen Win User

Windows streaming is "Visually" turned off on Windows 7 & it works in the background with the Windows Media Center Driver Installation & all the driver does, is tell the Media Streaming Utility that Windows Media Center is Streaming & not Windows Media Player..
    Because, as I've mentioned before, Windows Media Player is used in the PC's Windows Media Center Application... You can check your Advanced Network & Sharing Settings & see if the WMC Extender is active in the Media Streaming option... That's why I said
    to look there & you all argue over it...

-

You can't stream Audio to your Xbox Music Player while playing games online either, if you are using the dedicated Windows Media Center Application & you have to exit WMC to play games on the Xbox360...

-

You can if you create a "Windows Media Player Playlist" & turn Media Streaming on, in WMP Streaming Tab..

-

The Xbox360 Music Player, Video Player & Picture Viewer, works off your WMP Library & the Music, Video & Picture Folders in Windows & all you have to do is have your files in those folders & be Logged into Windows.. Nothing else..

You do not need to open any programs or applications & your Xbox360 can access the mentioned folders & you could have up to 2TB of Music per HDD (More in RAID), Videos & Pictures to view on your Xbox360, without using Windows Media Center etc..

NAS Media Servers, do the same thing & only need to be connected to your Networks router...
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Yeah, you are right on it being visually turned off, when you block it in Network and Sharing, But the Media Center Extender uses it's own software, that installs & uses a secondary sub-script via Media Streaming & it shows in the Registry & has it's own
    CLSID + it is active in Services... Once you click turn Media Streming On, it will show the Xbox360 Media Extender & you Cannot remove the Extender while you are connected to Windows Media Center on your Xbox360... So it is using the Media Streaming Function
    from Windows Media Player etc.. Leaving Media Streaming Turned on will quicken the search time in the registry...
  7. OCRyzen Win User

Learn how Windows Works then IceStorm III & STOP Arguing over everything... I've posted steps to create a new connection for Windows Media Center on the Xbox360 to PC & you still want to argue... Actually read, what I have posted earlier & you WILL see,
    that Windows uses the same Media Streaming Low-level coding for WMC & WMP, as the Advanced Media Streaming Option is showing the Xbox360 Extender in use & you can't remove it or shutdown, while the connection is still active... So move on already... You think
    you're smart, but they haven't taught you any use of Common Sense..
  8. IceStorm III Win User

[quote user="NanoTechSoldier"]I've posted steps to create a new connection for Windows Media Center on the Xbox360 to PC[/quote]And iRainH2O already said that didn't work for him.
    Actually read, what I have posted earlier & you WILL see, that Windows
    uses the same Media Streaming Low-level coding for WMC & WMP,
    Re-reading incorrect information does not magically make it correct.
    as the Advanced Media Streaming Option is showing the Xbox360 Extender in use & you can't remove it or shutdown,
    while the connection is still active...
    This is gibberish.
    So move on already... You think you're smart, but they haven't taught you any use of Common Sense..
    As I've said before, common sense doesn't enter into it. There is a specific
    method used to connect a Media Center Extender. That method does not use Media Streaming.
Thema:

1. Can't connect Windows Media Center to Xbox360 - Similar Threads - Can't connect Windows

2. Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help. Can't login to my account. Says I'm not connected to the internet.: I have been trying to log into my account for a couple of days now and I still cant get in. It keeps telling me im not connected to the internet but my router is working fine. I have tried...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  4. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  5. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  6. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  7. Can't connect Xbox 1 controller to Windows 11 PC. All drivers up to date

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect Xbox 1 controller to Windows 11 PC. All drivers up to date: I think I am just going to go back to dual booting Centos + Ubuntu with wine. This is ridiculous. Windows is literally the most **** OS. 08b65b97-df97-4248-9bf3-496f51169ced
  8. Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Xbox APP on windows 11 because of "You are not connected to the internet"...: "You are not connected to the internet" xbox live says that when I try to sign in and I tried thousands of fixes, I have to mention that I also deleted some or all xbox files by accident 2 months...
  9. "Found Xbox but can't connect" issue on Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Found Xbox but can't connect" issue on Windows 11: I just moved and was trying to use remote play on my windows 11 PC through my xbox series s. I've used it plenty in the past at my other apartment and it worked great! Now that I'm at my new place...
  10. Can't connect to the Xbox App on Window 10.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to the Xbox App on Window 10.: So I just bought my PC, and I am really excited about the Xbox app but it does't work. I have tired the beta app, I have installed all the updates, and nothing will work. All of the Xbox apps with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox360 wont connect media center