Can't connect to xbox live when launching a game

Discus and support Can't connect to xbox live when launching a game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought the passe but I can't play any game. When I launch Humankind or Back 4 Blood from the xbox launcher, the game launch but ask me... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Krask, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Krask
    Krask Guest

Hi,

I recently bought the passe but I can't play any game. When I launch Humankind or Back 4 Blood from the xbox launcher, the game launch but ask me to connect but when I do connect I get this error message

Can't connect to xbox live when launching a game [​IMG]

But I should already be connected as the xbox game bar show me as connected. Guess there is some trouble with my xbox live account. Weird thing is when I launch sea of thieves, that is installed in Steam, it seems like there is no error with my account, I can sign in and access the game.

I tried multiple fix

• connect and sign in into account.xbox.com before launching a game
    • Reset Microsoft store app, xbox, xbox app
    • check connection to servers which is ok :

Can't connect to xbox live when launching a game [​IMG]

I tried to look for a way to complety remove my xbox account from my PC or to unlink it from my microsoft account, and then to connect it back. But I couldn't find a way to do it.
    Any help would be much appreciated Can't connect to xbox live when launching a game :)

Happy christmas to you all

:)

Krask, Dec 24, 2021
  2. Krask Win User

Thank you your reply Anderson.

I check my accout with the link you posted, and yes I go to my microsoft account and I see my PC game pass souscription. And the same account is connected to the microsoft store.

I couldn't see update KB5004476 in my optional updates. I looked here to download it manually

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5004476

But my microsoft version is 21h2, and there is no 21h2 compatible compatible update.

I also did the powershell commands and the xbox application installed the xtra component. I restarted my PC but the issue is unfortunately still there.
  3. andersonpassos Win User

your problem may also be a connection with the service, something may be blocking such as an ant-virus or the firewall, have you checked? can add service to exceptions.

I don't believe it's the microsoft service because nothing was notified in the status.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-live-status
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good morning

this message informs you when the account that is trying to connect to the xbox app is different from the microsoft store, another application installed on your windows. if this is the problem, just connect with the account that has the service active.

check here if the account is active:

https://account.microsoft.com/services/

if this is not the problem, try the following:

Follow these steps:

Select the Start button in the lower left corner of the main screen and select Settings.

Select Update and Security > Check for Updates.

Select View optional updates, then select update KB5004476 from the list.

KB5004476

Select Download and Install.

When the update is complete, restart the device.

You should now be able to install, update and launch games.

Are you still in trouble?

Create a notepad file with the following name:

"RepairGamingServices.ps1"

inside the file paste this text (if quotes):

"

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse

Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse

"

Then, to run, right-click on the file, and run as administrator. then restart windows. then you need to open the Xbox app from Windows 10 that will be warning you that you need to install an extra component for the app, accept and wait for the installation. After that, Microsoft guarantees that you will be able to reopen and download Xbox Game Pass games on Windows 10.
  5. epicminer1610 Win User

I lost all of my progress on Ryse: Son of Rome

Are you connected to xbox live when launching the game?
  6. Antonin735 Win User

error 0x80004005 - Can't connect to microsoft store, or play any games from my game pass

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, it allowed me to loggin my account on the microsoft store automaticly

However, when launching a game, the issue persist, I can't connect to Xbox Live, error 0x80004005
Thema:

1. Can't connect to xbox live when launching a game - Similar Threads - Can't connect live

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  5. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  6. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  7. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  8. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  9. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  10. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6