Can't connect to Xbox Live through my computer.

Discus and support Can't connect to Xbox Live through my computer. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been wanting to connect to Xbox live without the use of a wireless adaptor, or by directly hooking it up to my modem. I wanted to connect it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RichyNine, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RichyNine
    RichyNine Guest

I've been wanting to connect to Xbox live without the use of a wireless adaptor, or by directly hooking it up to my modem. I wanted to connect it through my computer to use its internet for Xbox live. I had done this previously with no problem before I wiped
    my computer's hard drive by sharing the ethernet cable from the xbox into my computer with the Wireless Network Connection.

I used this tutorial:

How to Connect Xbox 360 to Xbox Live Without a Router

I had done everything that was said in the tutorial, including reseting to factory defaults. Either it would say it could not find my IP address or my DNS server couldn't resolve Xbox Live names. I even went into CMD and typed "ipconfig /all" and got My
    IP, My subnet mask, my gateway and the primary and secondary DNS servers. I then typed them all into the basic settings tab of the network settings.

This didn't solve the problem, it still says that it can't obtain my Ip Address.

Putting the settings to automatic would still give me the Ip address error.

Any advice on how to solve this?

:)

RichyNine, Jan 5, 2014
  2. Kamil97ye
    Kamil97ye Guest
    xbox live through computer

Can i connect my xbox to xbox live through computer??

Kamil97ye, Jan 5, 2014
  3. Austin13588
    Austin13588 Guest
    Computer to Xbox Live

I can't connect to xbox live from my computer I used to use my wifi but it broke and I don't understand how to get on xbox live using my computer please help

Austin13588, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Strikel3ack
    Strikel3ack Guest

I too am wanting to know a solution to this. I have been able to connect to router and internet not XBL for the past three days, how do you fix this!!!

Strikel3ack, Nov 4, 2014
  5. Hey there, Strikel3ack! This thread is quite old. If you could, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way we can get you the individual support that works best on the forums! Can't connect to Xbox Live through my computer. :)

Misses Quinzel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Fyreshade Win User

cant connec to pc

Actually, how about we star with this: Are you trying to connect to xbox live through a computer or just trying to connect to the media secton of your computer through your xbox?
  7. Photonimus Win User

Cant Connect!!

8. GMAN990 Win User

Connecting to Xbox Live through a computer

9. Krombacher BVB Win User

Xbox live

Same issue here. Trying for hours. Connection fine through my computer, but nothing for Xbox Live.
  10. saikoumosx Win User

Verizon Issue Still Happening..

Can't connect here either. FiOS in SoCal. Can't connect to Live on my Xbox or "Games for Windows Live" from my PC. Can't access these forums from any device connected through FiOS either. Only through cellular data. Everything else through FiOS works just
    fine.
Thema:

1. Can't connect to Xbox Live through my computer. - Similar Threads - Can't connect Live

2. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  4. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  5. Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I connect to Xbox Live while in a game on my Xbox 360?: Whenever I am in a game on my Xbox 360, my account disconnects from Xbox Live, and won't let me log back in. Whenever I go back to the dashboard, everything is fine and my account logs back into...
  6. Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 COD Black Ops 2 Account Can't Connect to Xbox Live: When trying to load and play COD Black Ops 2, it is saying that my connection to Xbox Live has been lost and to sign in again, but I only keep getting this message. This has persisted after...
  7. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  8. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, code 80151911: Can't connect to xbox live on xbox 360 3e067eef-f17d-452c-b236-e24ecf004ee6
  9. My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 can't connect to Xbox live: Over the past month or so, my Xbox 360 console(Serial No. 527136414805) has not been able to login to Xbox live. A friend of mine, Misakii9548, thinks it's because my profile is corrupt, so I...
  10. Can't connect to Xbox Live on 360.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to Xbox Live on 360.: I put in the correct email and password but it tells me it's wrong. There is a error code as well. Code 8015ID002. I have no idea what to do to fix this. 5951a99a-7f9b-4f5a-9b1d-40504b0a7e73