Can't connect to wireless or live

Discus and support Can't connect to wireless or live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I had no issues at about 4pm EST today. Everything worked fine. I have not made any changes. I can see my wifi, but I can not connect. All my other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JPW062, Oct 31, 2018.

1. JPW062
    JPW062 Guest

I had no issues at about 4pm EST today. Everything worked fine. I have not made any changes.

I can see my wifi, but I can not connect.

All my other devices connect fine.

I have reset my router.

I have turned off my xbox.

I have turned both off and let them sit for 5 minutes.

I have checked to make sure it is the correct network and correct password. The password is working on other devices.

I went through the XBOX network tool and it was not useful.

Please don't just post a link to the basic network trouble shooting article on website. I have been through it. It isn't helpful.

:)

JPW062, Oct 31, 2018
  2. error code W: 0000-000B X: 0000-F001 Y: 20A8-4840 Z: 0000-0000 ID: FFFF-FFFF

i can't connect to xbox live on wired or wireless the system says that everything is connected but when i go to log in and connect to live i can't

Metal Euphoria, Oct 31, 2018
  3. xbox360italy
    xbox360italy Guest
    cant connect to xbox live

Hello

Error: Can't connect to your wireless network
    If your Xbox 360 console can’t connect to your wireless network, there may be a configuration or wireless password problem. Try these solutions to fix the problem.

xbox360italy, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Tharien
    Tharien Guest

Are you able to test your Xbox with a network cable? We are checking to see if we can connected to any services or if the troubleshooter will provide a new answer.

Another question I have is are you a part of the Xbox insider program, where you are on a test or beta update?

Tharien, Oct 31, 2018
  5. JPW062
    JPW062 Guest
    Was able to talk with support on chat. First time I spoke to people there who were useful. Cleared MAC address, which fixed connection to wifi, but still couldn't connect with apps or games. Network test passed, multiplayer failed. Unplugged router,
    xbox, and modem, then let sit off for 5 minutes, which I guess should assign the xbox one a new IP. When I signed on again network passed and multiplayer said there was a NAT problem, but everything connected and worked.

I played a round of fortnite and it seemed a little laggy, but that happens sometimes. Prime video is running fine Will explore further if lag persists with games. Done for the night.

JPW062, Oct 31, 2018
  6. XBF Crystal P, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest
    The problem is still working.

But if you reset xbox to factory settings and delete only the account without deleting games and applications, it will work for you.

Jurgen1488, Nov 2, 2018
  8. JPW062
    JPW062 Guest

I had to repeat the clearing the mac, turn everything off for 5 minutes then turn it all back on a day or two after I first had success. No issues since then though, so hopefully I am good now.

This is one of these really odd errors that seem to persist on XBOX that don't seem to be a problem elsewhere. I have assigned an IP address to a computer and forwarded a port before, but not for some years. I could fairly easily read some direction and
    perform the task, but I am certain many I know with Xbox ones would really struggle. Why it worked for years and suddenly started having trouble is beyond me. I don't believe ATT changed something on their end that would interfere with an Xbox connecting.
    I haven't changed anything as far as firewalls or other security settings on my end.

I thought the reason to ditch the desktop gaming rig in favor of an XBOX was to have everything easy and standard so you could plug and play. Lately I haven't been having much luck and my issues, although not common, seem to have track records that go back
    years without being addressed.

JPW062, Nov 3, 2018
  9. xbox360italy Win User

xbox when turns on makes my internet crash please help

10. Black xInsanzZ Win User

what was the update today? 20th june 2012

I can't connect to xbox live it doesn't show my wireless network
  11. Tharien Win User

Are you able to test your Xbox with a network cable? We are checking to see if we can connected to any services or if the troubleshooter will provide a new answer.

Another question I have is are you a part of the Xbox insider program, where you are on a test or beta update?
  12. XBF Crystal P Win User

13. JPW062 Win User

I had to repeat the clearing the mac, turn everything off for 5 minutes then turn it all back on a day or two after I first had success. No issues since then though, so hopefully I am good now.

This is one of these really odd errors that seem to persist on XBOX that don't seem to be a problem elsewhere. I have assigned an IP address to a computer and forwarded a port before, but not for some years. I could fairly easily read some direction and
    perform the task, but I am certain many I know with Xbox ones would really struggle. Why it worked for years and suddenly started having trouble is beyond me. I don't believe ATT changed something on their end that would interfere with an Xbox connecting.
    I haven't changed anything as far as firewalls or other security settings on my end.

I thought the reason to ditch the desktop gaming rig in favor of an XBOX was to have everything easy and standard so you could plug and play. Lately I haven't been having much luck and my issues, although not common, seem to have track records that go back
    years without being addressed.
Thema:

1. Can't connect to wireless or live - Similar Threads - Can't connect wireless

2. I can't connect to my wireless network Xbox sees it but will not connect how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my wireless network Xbox sees it but will not connect how do I fix it: Just bought an Xbox 360 from a friend of mine sees my wireless network but will not connect please enlighten me on how to fix it 38b6a850-ba64-406d-a226-6947bde04829
  3. Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X can't connect any controller wired or wireless...controller just powers off.: Greetings I have an Xbox Series x last night I turned off the Xbox went to bed. When turning it on today it boots up fine. However it will not connect to ANY controller, wired USB, or wireless....
  4. Xbox saying can't connect to wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox saying can't connect to wireless network: I am not able to connect to the Xbox Network on my Xbox one that I've had since 2016. I'm on the same wireless network I was on last year and earlier this semester and didn't have this problem...
  5. Can't connect to your wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to your wireless network: Evening all So to start with I'm not very techy but I can usual resolve issues myself or with Google but this has been going on for a few days now. I can't seem to connect my xbox to the WiFi...
  6. Wireless Headset And Wireless Controller can't connect to a xbox wireless adapter usb at...

in XBoX on Windows
    Wireless Headset And Wireless Controller can't connect to a xbox wireless adapter usb at...: Whenever I connect either my headset or my controller separately they work completely fine. But about 5 minutes after I connect both to the same USB the audio starts going out and the xbox...
  7. xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect to win10 professional version.What should i do?: i have 2 xbox 360 wireless controller with a PC wireless gaming receiver.But i can't update the driver to connect my controller.Although it works on my laptop with win10 family version....
  8. : "Can't connect to your wireless network"

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : "Can't connect to your wireless network": : "Can't connect to your wireless network" Hello thank you for posting your question on fourm I hope I can help you resolve this issue today please use link below to help solve your problem Xbox...
  9. 我的xbox无线适配器无法和xbox one手柄连接 I can't connect the xbox one wireless controller with the...

in XBoX on Windows
    我的xbox无线适配器无法和xbox one手柄连接 I can't connect the xbox one wireless controller with the...: 我购买了xbox one 线手柄和配套的Xbox 线适配器,在安装驱动后并不能连接,手柄只能通过有线和蓝牙模式连接。我尝试在其他电脑上连接时,手柄可以与 线适配器连接,我已经尝试过更改usb口,重装驱动,重新启动电脑等办法,均没有反馈。 I purchased the Xbox One wireless controller and the accompanying Xbox...
  10. : Can't Connect to WPA Wireless Network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Can't Connect to WPA Wireless Network: : Can't Connect to WPA Wireless Network I'm almost certain wpa2 IS supported ... You may mean wpa2 *enterprise* that isn't supported(a lot of schools and colleges tend to use this)...