Can't connect to Open NAT (Moderate NAT)

Discus and support Can't connect to Open NAT (Moderate NAT) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been trying to play with my friends on Xbox Live. They live within 2 miles of us, have the SAME ISP, and have Open NAT. Meanwhile we have no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nucl3arXpl0si0n, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Can't connect to Open NAT (Moderate NAT)

I have been trying to play with my friends on Xbox Live. They live within 2 miles of us, have the SAME ISP, and have Open NAT. Meanwhile we have no control over the Network from home because the ISP is Wireless Broadband and our "Router" is technically the
    device on our roof.

I have Moderate NAT and there's no fixing that. Not until my oldest brother gets his own internet. We're in the land of "No better internet options" ...he doesn't want to set up a router because according to him that would slow us down. I kinda believe it.
    I

This is why I'm pissed off about Microsoft:

http://netnix.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/nat-matrix.png

According to good old MS, Open and Moderate Nat can connect to each other. Okay, so tell me why me and my friends can't:

1. Join ANY parties

2. Play ANY games

3. Join the SAME session in progress.

Tried to join parties. NEVER works. Try to play Black Ops 2 together, ALWAYS gives me an error.

Further, Microsoft's service is over-priced, along with much of what this company sells. Recently I've had issues with analog sticks on wireless controllers, rechargable battery packs (which MS barely likes to sell anyway) , etc. I still have an 08 console
    that SOMEHOW has lived through the Ethernet port frying, countless Open Tray errors, the disk tray wanting to close after opening, etc.

If I get the chance to go next gen, I will not be giving these guys my money. I'd rather have these errors and have FREE service since the ISP itself has to be paid. MS can claim what they want on why to raise the price, but this service isn't quality.

Is it too much to ask to give me a service to let me play ONLINE GAMES only? Xbox One? No thanks, I can go to Youtube on this laptop and not have to pay another fee.

But, back to topic. I'd much appreciate some help as to why I can't connect, even though according to Microsoft, I SHOULD be able to! It's kinda frustrating. I know everyone wants to hear about my setup, but the point is I'm supposed to be able to play with
    Open NAT players anyhow.

Sorry for the rant, I just think Microsoft needs to lose its greedy ways.

:)

Nucl3arXpl0si0n, Jan 5, 2014
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    does ethernet xbox one download faster?

and I were actually talking about this the other day.

In both of our situations, our NAT is moderate via wifi, but open via ethernet cable.

ClNTRoN, Jan 5, 2014
  3. General.Mig
    General.Mig Guest
    does ethernet xbox one download faster?

Sort of on topic: Will ethernet open up the NAT? Just changed routers and my NAT is now moderate vs. open before.

General.Mig, Jan 5, 2014
  4. Can't connect to Open NAT (Moderate NAT)

I'm having the same issue, I have a moderate NAT type, friend has an open NAT type... can't connect. No parties, no chat, no join session... He spent the last hour with tech support.. now it's my turn. I'll admit I don't understand anything about how this
    works, but this doesn't seem right.

Palmtop x Tiger, Jan 8, 2014
  5. I got my NAT type to open so we'll see if I can connect to my friend. I used this video: [View:] and I needed to have both UPnP enabled and a DMZ set up.

Palmtop x Tiger, Jan 8, 2014
  6. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings!

[quote user="Nucl3arXpl0si0n"]I have been trying to play with my friends on Xbox Live. They live within 2 miles of us, have the SAME ISP, and have Open NAT. Meanwhile we have no control over the Network from home because the ISP is Wireless Broadband and our
    "Router" is technically the device on our roof. [/quote]If are unable to establish a connection with your friends, as per your described topology, then it is probably due to your ISP, doesn't support
    hairpin translation or hairpinning.

taidara, Jan 8, 2014
  7. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings Palmtop x Tiger!

Appreciate if you could start a new thread and detailing out your situation. Include any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, so we don't post up solutions that you have already tried.

To save yourself some time, please read:
    START HERE!
    And post back in full detail, (the bits in bold) so that we can get a better understanding of your situation.

Thank you!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
  8. adoorable door Win User

Cannot join specific friend in games or parties

NAT is a rating that tells you about your network status, and consists of Open, Closed and Moderate. The NAT affects which people you can connect to. Gamers with Closed NAT rating can only connect to others with closed rating however you can join a party/
    game with a Open host, since open accepts all connections. Moderate works the same way, but with moderate instead of closed. Moderate is still more open than Closed though. this means that you and your friend can't play together due to different NAT ratings,
    so you need someone that accepts both of your ratings (a friend with Open rating). there is ways to fix your NAT but they hardly ever work
  9. dudeskis01 Win User

Open NAT?

the nat is kind of like rules. strict only connects with open. moderate connects with moderate and open. open connects with all.

-

a dedicated server will be open so if you are strict, moderate, or open you will connect just fine. though technically i dont think servers use nat in this sense, but for our discussion it is as if they are open.
  10. MOH Crapgamer Win User

Can't connect to Xbox live

You need to open your NAT settings, they are either strict or moderate. If they are either strict or moderate you cannot connect to anyone unless they have open settings.

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
  11. Miss Portia Win User

Can't connect to other players - *Has open NAT though*

Do these other players have strict NAT, or moderate? While Open NAT should be able to connect with everyone, sometimes the connection isn't made as easily with a user with Strict NAT.
  12. XBA_Hype Win User

Can't connect to a specific person

its usually NAT types that cause these problems, for best results you need to be sure you are both running an OPEN NAT type, open nat can connect with strict and moderate, but moderate and strict sometimes struggle to connect with one another.

making sure UPnP is enabled in the settings can help.
Thema:

Can't connect to Open NAT (Moderate NAT)

1. Can't connect to Open NAT (Moderate NAT) - Similar Threads - Can't connect Open

2. can't connect to minecraft multiplayer world but nat is open

in XBoX on Windows
    can't connect to minecraft multiplayer world but nat is open: hello! i was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem i've been having with minecraft bedrock on the pc. prior to about a week ago i had no issues connecting to my friends world and having...
  3. Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect. Also take a look at this one if the first link does not help: Xbox Live Wireless Network...
  4. NAT type is open, can't connect to any online games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type is open, can't connect to any online games.: So, finally after getting my ISP to provide me with a public IP address and getting my nat from strict to open, I still can't find anyone in ANY game. Multiplayer test still fails all the time or...
  5. MY DAUGHTER AND I BOTH SHOW NET TYPE AS OPEN..BUT FOR SOME REASON HER AND I CAN'T CONNECT ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY DAUGHTER AND I BOTH SHOW NET TYPE AS OPEN..BUT FOR SOME REASON HER AND I CAN'T CONNECT ...: MY DAUGHTER AND I BOTH HAVE OPEN NET TYPES.BUT NEITHER ONE OF US CAN HOST A LOBBY AND HAVE THE OTHER JOIN. WE CANT CONNECT TO ONE ANOTHER..WE TRIED DELETING EACH OTHER FROM OUR FRIENDS AND RE...
  6. Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open NAT but still can't connect to other open NATs: I've recently been playing borderlands with my friend who also has an open NAT. Then last night when we tried to party up again we could not, we both checked our NAT types and they were both open...
  7. Titanfall Data Center :Searching with Open NAT perfect connection but can't connect..

in XBoX on Consoles
    Titanfall Data Center :Searching with Open NAT perfect connection but can't connect..: The problem I am having is that I have an open nat with a cone filtered Nat in the detailed section. I will play one game of Titanfall and I will have a perfect connection everything works and...
  8. Open NAT, but still can't connect with friends who also have Open NAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    Open NAT, but still can't connect with friends who also have Open NAT: I live in university dorms where I have access to a wireless connection (through my own router) or a wired connection which I can directly plug into the wall. Here's the problem, I have an Open...
  9. Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types: So I live in an apartment complex, and do not have access to a modem. I originally was just running a ethernet cord from a port in the wall to my xbox to connect, but always had either a strict...
  10. Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to other players.(My NAT is OPEN): Hello, I started a conversation with support, but did not have time to stay on my PC. No matter what game I try to play I have trouble connecting to people, but NAT is open and don't see what else...