cant connect to network

Discus and support cant connect to network in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i turned on my xbox today only to find i was not connected to my network. i reset my wifi, manually entered my ip address and still i am unable to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by StanfordT89, Sep 24, 2017.

1. StanfordT89
    StanfordT89 Guest

cant connect to network

i turned on my xbox today only to find i was not connected to my network. i reset my wifi, manually entered my ip address and still i am unable to connect my xbox to my network. i tried using a cable but that didnt work either. what am i doing wrong?

:)

StanfordT89, Sep 24, 2017
  2. No connection

cant not connect to wireless network and cant see me connection

Fortnitegoat52, Sep 24, 2017
  3. Dufftacular
    Dufftacular Guest
    Cant connect to Network

First off im not tech smart so dont send me to a link where i have to be cant connect to network :p But i have gotten an internet plan seperate from our tv plan is that do anything? if not any suggestions cant connect to network :p

Dufftacular, Sep 24, 2017
  4. AndrewBocanegra Win User

Cant connect to network

Hello,

all I can tell you without the answers to the questions Hassassinade has posted is general troubleshooting knowledge.

1. The Modem

You need to restart your router and modem, usually by unplugging the devices themselves. Leave them disconnected for at least 30 seconds, then reconnect your modem. Most modems have lights that represent working processes in the modem, so
    if you have one with lights wait until they are at the ready status.

2. The Router

Plug back in your router, and wait a bit (30 seconds should be good). You may want to use a different device to see if your internet is working well, so you can narrow your problems down to Xbox-specific. After these general resets, your connection should
    be good.

Alternatives

If your connection does not work after resetting your modem and router, you may need more specific work done. This will most likely be changing settings on your router. I can tell you how to open the router settings and do general troubleshooting on it,
    but you will most likely need specific help from your router's manufacturer.

Your router's settings can be found by putting your IP address into your address bar on a browser. Your IP can be found by opening command prompt on your PC (type in cmd on the Start search menu) and then typing ipconfig into the cmd prompt.
    The line that says IPv4 is the address you will use to access the router settings. Now routers are very complicated, so don't freak out. Make sure that the connection type is on Auto-Config, as this will make the router dynamically work on
    connection types. Additionally, you will want to make sure your firewall settings allow your Xbox 360 to connect to your internet.

If this did not fix your problems, you will want to contact your router's manufacturer as I said earlier, or you may want to call your internet service provider (ISP) for assistance.
  5. Mister Darcy-9112DFB Win User

CANT CONNECT TO NETWORK!!!

Greetings, I R l C K Y I. I've got a response out to you in this thread:
    forums.xbox.com/.../1788086.aspx
    . Let's keep the conversation focused there for now. Thanks!
  6. UnderPM Win User

Cant connect to the network

Problem solved!

Just powered off and on again on the router and reset defaults on the console.

Anyways I could see the SSID and have no security (only MAC Filtering)

Thanks!
  7. taidara Win User

Did you power cycle your Edimax and restored the Xbox network settings to factory defaults?

When you search for available wireless network's on your console, can you see your wireless network's name (SSID)?

Which security method are you currently using to secure your wireless network( WEP, WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK with AES encryption)?

Check your router's firmware if there is an more recent version available than the current one. If so, update your router's firmware with the latest version.
  8. UnderPM Win User

Router: Edimax EW-7209APg

Console: built-in wireless not-slim
Thema:

cant connect to network

1. cant connect to network - Similar Threads - cant connect network

2. Cant connect. Check your network name and passwords and try again.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect. Check your network name and passwords and try again.: So recently (as in the past 6 months) I’ve been having this issue with my gfs xbox x where after turning it on occasionally it won’t connect to the internet. It’ll pop up with a message saying...
  3. Cant connect to wireless network despite using a good passworda nd ip, subnet mask and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to wireless network despite using a good passworda nd ip, subnet mask and...: I have a problem that I can not connect to the Internet because in the Internet advanced settings writes that I have an ip, gateway and subnet mask set to 0.0.0.0 And I cannot connect to the...
  4. My xbox cant wirelessly connect to my controller or any network

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox cant wirelessly connect to my controller or any network: I have been having issues trying to syncing my controller to my xbox one original as the sync button is just broken. I have tried most of fixes online like power cycles, clearing mac address and...
  5. Cant connect to your wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect to your wireless network: [img] Hello,today i couldnt connect to any wireless network, i tried wired connection and its working fine,but i cant use wired connection when i am using the tv with the xbox.Its showing Cant...
  6. Cox Communications: Cant connect to wireless network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Cox Communications: Cant connect to wireless network: Cox Communications (ISPs): Cant connect to wireless network bro thank you so much man that helped a lot know i can play fortnite with my frinds f4ab9ada-32f1-4ab4-a410-9fa7af61174c
  7. Cant connect to wireless network

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant connect to wireless network: Hi, When I first tried to log on today, it was telling me I was not online. So I checked the network settings, it said my current network status was connected to my wifi, testing the...
  8. Xbox one cant find wireless network. However all other devices can connect to wireless

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one cant find wireless network. However all other devices can connect to wireless: Xbox one says it cant connect to wireless network. All other devices can though c8a413c7-c40d-4bef-aa34-d79cc40da5ed
  9. CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK

in XBoX on Consoles
    CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS NETWORK: HELP>> I CANT CONNECT TO WIRELESS CONNECTION!!!!!!!!!!! I WATCHED A LOT OF VIDEOS AND NOTHING WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID EVERYTHING/ THE BLU RAY CLEARING THING AND ALSO THE ALTERNATE MAC...
  10. i cant play online games but im connect to network, my xbox say me they are no problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant play online games but im connect to network, my xbox say me they are no problem: hi , yesterday i was disconect from xbox live during an online game, i cut xbox for the night and today when i want to play all online game says me i cant connect xbox live. i dont understand i'm...