Can't connect to network. WPS router issue?

Discus and support Can't connect to network. WPS router issue? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My landlord recently installed a D-Link DIR-890L router for the 8-unit building I live in. All of my other devices can connect to the wireless network... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UnworthyErmine4, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Can't connect to network. WPS router issue?

My landlord recently installed a D-Link DIR-890L router for the 8-unit building I live in. All of my other devices can connect to the wireless network except my Xbox 360. I noticed when connecting with my PC I was prompted for a 8 digit WPS pin which
    I found printed on the router. Could this be the reason the Xbox can't connect. I don't have administrator rights to the router and have requested that WPS be disabled on the router for security reasons. Is there a way to enable WPS on the Xbox and enter the
    8 digit pin? Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it???

What Country/State/Province do you live in?: Louisiana, U.S.A.

Modem brand & model number: **** Touchstone SB6183

Router brand & model number: D-Link DIR-890L

How many consoles do you have connected to this router?: not sure if other tenants have consoles

Wired or wireless (for each console): wireless

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal adapter (Xbox 360 S/E)?: internal

Things you have tried: Manual IP address

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?: No

Is UPnP Enabled?: ??? don't have administrator rights to router

Any Error Codes you encounter: IP Address Error

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?: ??? landlord provided

After you run "Test Xbox Live connection", press “A” for "More Info”, and then "Y" for "Status". In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 0021

X: 4000 - 1001

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F1

Q: 80007 - 0435

T: Wireless

A: 169.254.193.146/255.255.0.0

G: 0.0.0.0

D: 0.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0

S: WPA2

C: 11

:)

UnworthyErmine4, Dec 19, 2015
  2. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Can't connect to xbox live

Hi, I assume you can see your wireless network ok when you search for it? But just can't connect? Have you tried pressing the WPS button on the Thompson router so it flashes orange and then try to search and connect to your wireless network?

GMAN990, Dec 19, 2015
  3. cant connect xbox to internet

i am using a comcast model smc router type smcd3gnv. I just cant configure it to connect, ive entered the pass i used for signing into the router, the wps pin, and the network key, but nothing works

SplendidNickel6, Dec 19, 2015
  4. Can't connect to network. WPS router issue?

Hey there,

Once you connect to your internet connection, the Xbox 360 should ask for the security code on the router.

For more information on how to configure your Wireless Network Settings on the Xbox 360 follow the steps

here

MeanPotatoChip, Dec 21, 2015
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Can't connect to xbox live

Hi, I assume you can see your wireless network ok when you search for it? But just can't connect? Have you tried pressing the WPS button on the Thompson router so it flashes orange and then try to search and connect to your wireless network?
  6. Mister Beep Win User

Xbox causes errors and dc's from my router/internet

Hey there Spearhawk1969!

Sorry to hear about the connection issue! Do you happen to have more than one Xbox console that connects to your network? Looking at our forum on the

D-Link 615 router, it looks like there are some known issues. Follow the steps on the

Known Issues page to disable WPS to see if that helps. To avoid the unidentified network issue when you connect your PC directly to the modem, you normally need to power cycle both your modem and PC because the modem is looking for your routers IP address.

Post back and let us know if disabling WPS helps! :)
  7. MeanPotatoChip Win User

Hey there,

Once you connect to your internet connection, the Xbox 360 should ask for the security code on the router.

For more information on how to configure your Wireless Network Settings on the Xbox 360 follow the steps

here
  8. GMAN990 Win User

My XBOX 360 S is not showing the 802.11 N adapter

Hi

Is the 2.4Ghz band still enabled, it needs to be because the Internal adapter cannot connect to 5Ghz networks

Please "Disable routers pin" under your WPS settings as the Xbox cannot use WPS
  9. Magaman-8B232765-380 Win User

Wireless Password error!?!

Try using automatic network setting on the xbox and allow your router DHCP network to assign an IP address. Also try turning off your networks WPS/WEP/whatever security you are using and try connecting to the network to verify that the wireless in the Xbox
    is functioning. Then turn on wireless security and enter your code and try connecting.
Thema:

1. Can't connect to network. WPS router issue? - Similar Threads - Can't connect network

2. Can't connect to wireless network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to wireless network: Never had a problem connecting to the network on my series x. I've had it 2 yrs already. Now whenever I try to put my password in it won't connect. My wifi password is correct. All other devices...
  3. Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't connect to Xbox live party's just says connecting(network address translation issues...: So I'm here to shed some light of the situation at the very least as Microsoft don't bother looking into the issue as it isn't really their issue to deal with nonetheless. Possible causes: ISP...
  4. I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network.: I can't connect my xbox series S to the 5G network. 4a531a10-cb3c-4332-80e3-cf0a6fc34e7d
  5. Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Network Connected But Can't Sign In To Profiles: Hi Team, This is one of the weirdest issue I've encountered. I am connected to the Xbox Network, Network tests from the console shows I'm connected. I updated a few games without signing into...
  6. Xboxone error code 0x0000000000000100 can't connect to network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xboxone error code 0x0000000000000100 can't connect to network: After the October update I have been unable to connect to my home internet but can connect to mobile hotspot. I keep getting the error code 0x0000000000000100. Not sure what to do....
  7. I can't connect to my wireless network Xbox sees it but will not connect how do I fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to my wireless network Xbox sees it but will not connect how do I fix it: Just bought an Xbox 360 from a friend of mine sees my wireless network but will not connect please enlighten me on how to fix it 38b6a850-ba64-406d-a226-6947bde04829
  8. Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I connect to the internet with my Xbox 360 even though the network is connected...: Why can't I connect to the internet through my Xbox 360 even though I'm connected to the network with the Ethernet plug 96638d9a-dfdd-499b-b53a-78758f3b37f3
  9. Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different...: I am trying to decipher what this means. My console connects fine on my iPad, but not on my iPhone since September What can I do to troubleshoot this? [img]...
  10. Can't connect to Forza Horizon 5 network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Forza Horizon 5 network: I started to play Forza Horizon today, and i got a trouble with connecting to network [img] 4e3f592c-5ab8-4361-9a8a-a85fd1607905