Can't connect to DHCP server!

Discus and support Can't connect to DHCP server! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; A few days ago, my Xbox One S stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi. I assume there was an update over night or something. Every time I try to connect it, it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Seti1121, May 17, 2021.

1. Seti1121
    Seti1121 Guest

A few days ago, my Xbox One S stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi. I assume there was an update over night or something. Every time I try to connect it, it says "Can't connect to your DHCP server." I have tried multiple solutions, but to no avail. Every other device is working just fine, even my old Xbox 360. I have unplugged the modem multiple times and reset it multiple times. I have reset the wireless settings on the Xbox One and cleared the alternate MAC address. The only solution I haven't tried is assigning a static IP address to my Xbox One S. I've seen a few people having this issue recently, but no one has a clear answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Seti1121, May 17, 2021
  2. DrySmile Win User

Hello I was just wondering if you were ever able to resolve your issue. I’ve been having the same problem for the last week with little to no luck. My situation is slightly different as I was using an alternate MAC address to bypass a splash page to connect to WiFi, it worked fine for months but after a power outage last week it’s been nothing but problems, mainly DHCP server errors.

I’ve managed to get a connection a few times by manually inputting the IP, gateway, DNS etc and changing the MAC address but even following the exact same steps I can never replicate it and get a connection consistently. The ISP has been completely useless. Any advice would be great if you happened to find anything that worked.
  3. Seti1121 Win User

Bump again. Was there an update that caused this? I just want my Xbox One to work.
  4. Dr4gonborn88 Win User

A few days ago, my Xbox One S stopped connecting to my Wi-Fi. I assume there was an update over night or something. Every time I try to connect it, it says "Can't connect to your DHCP server." I have tried multiple solutions, but to no avail. Every other device is working just fine, even my old Xbox 360. I have unplugged the modem multiple times and reset it multiple times. I have reset the wireless settings on the Xbox One and cleared the alternate MAC address. The only solution I haven't tried is assigning a static IP address to my Xbox One S. I've seen a few people having this issue recently, but no one has a clear answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Seti1121, I'm also having some connection issues with my series x and I got a reply to try the following steps. I'm sure one of these could help.

Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

Another step that you can try to resolve the issue, would be to remove and re-add your account. In order to do that please go to settings> account,> remove accounts> remove your account.

You could also try this troubleshooting step to clear any corrupted data from your device:

1- Go to Settings on your Xbox

2- Select system

3-Select storage

4- Clear local saved games and your console will automatically restart

Note: When doing this step please make sure that you always play online so that all your data is saved to the cloud

If the issue still persists after going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 10-15 seconds plug all your cables back in and then restart your console.

In case the issue still persists, the next step would be to perform a reset on the console. To do so you will need to follow the steps below to perform a reset on the Xbox :

Settings > System > Console Info > Reset This Xbox > Reset and Keep my Games and Apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account
  5. Seti1121 Win User

I tried everything as you suggested, but the issue persists. The Xbox One will connect to my mobile hotspot, but not to my Wi-Fi suddenly. My phone, Fire Stick, Xbox 360, and Switch can connect just fine to Wi-Fi.
  6. wi7bit Win User

Oh well. Worth a try....

I'm tracking an issue with my console with regards to IPv6. After a recent update, every now and then I seem to lose IPv6 connectivity, and my system goes offline. IPv4 still seems to work, but because my network supports IPv6, my console refuses to go back online. It reports a IPv6 DHCP Teredo error (v6 tunning through a v4 network). Going offline then online again seems to be only way to fix it. But I'm having difficulty pinpointing where the issue is.

Console?

Router?

Internet Service provider?

Xbox Live?
Thema:

1. Can't connect to DHCP server! - Similar Threads - Can't connect DHCP

2. How do you fix "Can't connect to your DHCP server."?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix "Can't connect to your DHCP server."?: It started around a week ago where I've gotten off for the night to log on the next say to see my internet is turned off so I go to connect and it says it's connected but I'm not online usually it...
  3. Testing wired connection: Can't connect to your DHCP server.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Testing wired connection: Can't connect to your DHCP server.: I just bought a Netgear 5 port gigbit switch in hopes of wiring my Xbox series S. I could only hard-line into the router itself on the first port of the router. When we bought EERO wifi extenders...
  4. Xbox can't connect wifi ethernet to booster, DHCP can't connect. Ethernet cord works for...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox can't connect wifi ethernet to booster, DHCP can't connect. Ethernet cord works for...: Info - Xbox Series S is wired to a wifi booster. Haven't had issues until recent wifi reset. Problem - Xbox can't connect wifi ethernet to booster. Issue pops up as "Cant connect to DHCP server"....
  5. XBOX WON'T Connect to Wi-Fi ! Can't Connect to DHCP Server

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX WON'T Connect to Wi-Fi ! Can't Connect to DHCP Server: I will keep it simple. When trying to connect Xbox One/X/S to your Wi-Fi it says: ''Can't connect to DHCP Server'' If so then I can tell you how to fix this problem without factory resetting...
  6. : Xbox one can't connect to a DHCP server

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Xbox one can't connect to a DHCP server: : Xbox one can't connect to a DHCP server Same, because I'm at my wits end and out of options....I even tried a hard reset. No dice, kinda disappointed in XBOX tech support they won't give me a...
  7. DHCP server can't connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    DHCP server can't connect: I have tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING and my xbox refuses to connnect to the DHCP servers and Xbox Live. Why won't it connect? c6d0823e-1f6b-4eb7-a32f-a297c82e667b
  8. Comcast: Can't connect to DHCP server

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Comcast: Can't connect to DHCP server: Comcast (ISPs): Can't connect to DHCP server I'm trying to connect to a Xfinity Hotspot and it keeps bringing up Can't Connect to your DHCP server the signal is very strong it has 4 bars but will...
  9. Xbox one Day one Edition can't connect to DHCP.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one Day one Edition can't connect to DHCP.: Alright, here's there issue, I've got a Day One edition Xbox One that "Can't connect to your DHCP server" on a wired connection. No matter of unplugging, replugging or power cycling gets the...
  10. Can't connect to DHCP-server. Permanent fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to DHCP-server. Permanent fix?: So, everytime i start up my Xbox-one and try to connect it to the internet, the "can't connect to DHCP server" Pops up. If i reastart My router IT usually works, but only temporary. If i shut off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is my xbox broken because I cant connect WiFi due to dhcp server

2. xbox one dhcp error wireless

3. xbox one cant connect to dhcp server wireless