Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix)

Discus and support Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; So I'm having a weird issue with either the PC Xbox App, the Microsoft Store or xCloud in general and MLB The Show 21. I'm basically able to launch the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xEvinous, Nov 28, 2021.

1. /u/xEvinous
    /u/xEvinous Guest

So I'm having a weird issue with either the PC Xbox App, the Microsoft Store or xCloud in general and MLB The Show 21. I'm basically able to launch the game, however once in the game, it fails to connect to the games online service, so I can only play offline gamemodes. For anyone familiar with the game, when I launch it always asks for my favorite team, difficulty, etc, then gives me a bunch of errors. Sometimes relaunching and/or completely closing the Xbox app and restarting fixes it, but 95% of the time it doesn't. Through hours of trial and error I've found something that fixes it, however I have to do it every time I play which gets really annoying. I've tried parts of my "solution" individually and it doesn't work, it only works if I do all of the steps below, and I really have no idea why it works but it does.

1. I launch the game, I click Start on the main screen to enter and get a "Roster Update: Failed to update live roster. The downloaded roster may have been corrupt. Please try again." error. I click past it and it allows me to play the game offline. When I try to update the roster manually, or enter multiplayer modes, I get the error again, plus another "Error: Login Failed. Please try again later." error.

2. Close game, open Task Manager and close all Xbox related processes.

3. In App Settings, search for the Xbox App, hit the Reset, Repair and Uninstall buttons

4. In App Settings, search for the Microsoft Store, hit the Reset and Repair buttons

5. In an Elevated Command Prompt, type wsreset

6. When the reset is done, Microsoft Store opens automatically, redownload Xbox App

7. Open Xbox App, it asks if I want to proceed to games through my saved Xbox account. I hit sign into a different, and manually sign into the same Xbox account.

8. Launch game, it works. If I close the game, I have to redo all of these steps again, and it works every single time once I do these steps.

I've tried each step individually + different combinations (mainly to try and cut down on how long all this takes to do) it doesn't work, only if I do all of these steps together. It doesn't make sense why this works, especially since I have no issue launching the game itself. I also have another issue (maybe unrelated) that I haven't found a fix too; none of my Perks work. Whenever I click them, I get a "Sorry, we're having trouble showing the details of this perk right now. Try again a little later" error.

submitted by /u/xEvinous
    [link] [comments]

/u/xEvinous, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Zuru Xai Noksai Win User

Changing my privacy & online safety settings

My settings are fixed online but I still can't connect to the service on the xbox one
  3. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

online is boring and money is hard to come by

Its only boring when you can't get online. I have a few friends that finally got online. But there is still bugs online. Like they cant steer a boat or spawning in the clouds or some weird stuff. Sounds like tons of bugs to fix yet.
  4. ubapook2 Win User

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition goes to black screen when I try to continue a loaded save

YES I FIXED IT. i figured since the save games are online to the cloud, i tried loading it with my internet not connected. IT WORKED :D
  5. x DogMeat x Win User

My thoughts on Rumored Xbox One hardware upgrade.

If the developers don't like having an "Online Connection Required" note on their games, then they won't use the cloud services in the first place. The cloud is there as an option. It is not required. Game developers looking to make better games will
    look to the cloud and should be aware of the consequences therein.
  6. 轩游QAQ Win User

Unable to Connect EA Online

As in the picture, can't connect to EA Online, and I have the same prompt when using Xbox Cloud Gaming.
Thema:

1. Can't connect to Cloud games online service (+ my weird fix) - Similar Threads - Can't connect Cloud

2. Can't connect to xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live: Getting error 8050190E can't connect to xbox live only on 360 games when I'm on internet. Not a connection issue I've tried everything imaginable. It does work on my Hotspot. Can't join friends...
  3. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  4. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  5. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  6. i can't connect to any game on xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can't connect to any game on xbox cloud gaming: i think it might be a major outage as not even about 12 hours ago it was fine 84b3397a-b56f-4c85-948d-247a29e1ab9c
  7. I can't connect to my Xbox with cloud gaming

in XboX Insiders
    I can't connect to my Xbox with cloud gaming: So since a while I'm playing with cloud gaming, I'm streaming my Xbox on my pc so that's more practical, but yesterday I rebooted my Xbox while streaming and since then I can't stream anymore. The...
  8. Xbox Cloud Gaming on Windows 10: Can't Connect Controller (works in Game Bar)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Cloud Gaming on Windows 10: Can't Connect Controller (works in Game Bar): [IMG] I have an Xbox Series X Controller connected to my PC via the Xbox Wireless Adapter. It works in other software, including the Xbox Game Bar and games on Game Pass, but for some reason, I...
  9. Can't connect to Xbox live to access cloud save using backwards compatible 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to Xbox live to access cloud save using backwards compatible 360 games: I upgraded to an Xbox One X recently and have had no problem access my progress from my Xbox One games from the cloud. However when it comes to my Xbox 360 games I've had more of an issue. Lego...
  10. Can't connect to "cloud."

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to "cloud.": Every time I start up a game, any game, I receive the message that my cloud cannot be accessed along with the error code 0x8007048F. I tried looking up the code with no success. So, my question...