Can't connect to certain friends party chat/certain games

Discus and support Can't connect to certain friends party chat/certain games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So me and my friend both have this issue where we can't connect to party chat or certain games like GTA V. Both of our NAT types are open and we can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AceBadger1808, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Can't connect to certain friends party chat/certain games

So me and my friend both have this issue where we can't connect to party chat or certain games like GTA V. Both of our NAT types are open and we can connect fine to our other friends. I've been searching for a fix for over 6 months, but every Xbox support
    employee I've spoken to have been unable to fix this issue. If anyone has the same issue or knows a fix it would be greatly appreciated if you could help me out.

Also...

Over the last few days, I have tried a few things that may help detect the cause. I had one of my friends come to my house with his Xbox one, I then logged onto my account on his Xbox to see if I could connect to the friend I was having the issues with.
    Unfortunately, despite using a different console on my internet and using my account, I still disconnected with him. The second thing I tried was using the new feature on the Xbox app to join his party. This time it was a success and I could talk to him fine
    using my iPhone.

:)

AceBadger1808, Apr 14, 2018
  2. InSpiiReD
    InSpiiReD Guest
    Can't connect to friend on certain games

One thing I forgot to say is we can connect on other games and we can connect to a party chat with just us two in it. It seems to only be Call of Duty although we haven't tried every single game.

InSpiiReD, Apr 14, 2018
  3. InSpiiReD
    InSpiiReD Guest

Hello, I have a friend i play with every single day on Xbox.

My NAT is open and his is moderate. We have been able to connect for years now with his NAT being moderate and mine being open. We have been able to connect on game we have played including call of duty.

Today, we installed Black ops 2 as it became backwords compatible today. We couldn't connect to each on it.

S we got back on Modern warfare remastered and tried connecting and couldn't on there either. We just played that game together yesterday and have been connecting fine everyday.

Now all of a sudden, we Can't.

We live a few miles apart and have the same ISP.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?

InSpiiReD, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Mister Fitzer Win User

Can't connect (certain games and friends)?

Please take a few minutes to answer
    these questions
    , to better help us help you.
  5. InSpiiReD Win User

One thing I forgot to say is we can connect on other games and we can connect to a party chat with just us two in it. It seems to only be Call of Duty although we haven't tried every single game.
  6. shopn cart hobo Win User

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Kentucky

Modem brand & model number: Small Gray Motorola Box,

Router brand & model number: 2010-02-1006

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired Desktop is wired, laptops and xbox are wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPa2 Personal

Things you have tried: Unplugging, calling AT&T, calling 1800 4 my xbox, reseting

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Enabled,yes

Is NAT Type Open? Yeppers

Any Error Codes you encounter: No

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? DSL

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? AT&T

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? Show's it is open and no errors
  7. shopn cart hobo Win User

Small Gray Motorola box (2010-02-1006)

router: LINKSYS E1000
  8. Miss Portia Win User

Disconnecting from Party Chat.

Hello Careful! This could be due to a configuration issue, or it may be due to an issue in connecting to a certain friend. Does this always happen with a certain person in the party?
Thema:

Can't connect to certain friends party chat/certain games

1. Can't connect to certain friends party chat/certain games - Similar Threads - Can't connect certain

2. When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to...: When I start an Xbox party or join one, the screen says "connecting" but I can't speak to my friends. Then it removes me and says party chat disconnected. What can I do?...
  3. Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on 360 games on xbox series s: So this happened real recently. Whenever I load up a 360 it just refuses to connect to xbox live giving me an error. I've dived deep into other forums and found no solution. Not even support could...
  4. I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't get my xbox 360 to connect to online no matter what: I've tried both wi-fi and ethernet both at my own place and someone else's and it won't connect. I need it to connect so I can download an update for a game. c6499c00-7999-466a-887e-f231bb65e5de
  5. Xbox one can't connect to certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one can't connect to certain games: Hi all, While connected to my home router, I can't connect to certain game servers and join or create a party chat (connecting...). If I use my mobile phone as internet source everything works...
  6. Can't connect to one certain friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to one certain friend.: My friend and I are sharing home xbox with each other (his xbox is my home xbox and vice versa) and we cannot connect to each other in games shared to one another through home xbox. I'm curious if...
  7. Can't connect to Certain Friends On Monster Hunter World

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to Certain Friends On Monster Hunter World: One of my best friends and I have been trying to play Monster Hunter World since release. We have played with others fine but when it comes to playing with each other we have never been able to do...
  8. Can't connect to friend on certain games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to friend on certain games: Hello, I have a friend i play with every single day on Xbox. My NAT is open and his is moderate. We have been able to connect for years now with his NAT being moderate and mine being open. We...
  9. Can't Connect to a Certain Friend or Online Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect to a Certain Friend or Online Games: Hello, everyone. I've come across a very annoying issue and I will try to provide all the information that I possibly can. As of June 20, 2014, I have not been able to connect via Party with a...
  10. can't connect to certain people

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't connect to certain people: When I play online I can play with my friends but there seems to be a problem that there are certain people i can be in the same game with f920f27d-5fdc-4581-b277-cd345f899856