Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types

Discus and support Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I live in an apartment complex, and do not have access to a modem. I originally was just running a ethernet cord from a port in the wall to my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FierceCheese, Feb 8, 2014.

1. FierceCheese
    FierceCheese Guest

So I live in an apartment complex, and do not have access to a modem. I originally was just running a ethernet cord from a port in the wall to my xbox to connect, but always had either a strict or moderate nat type. Since then, I have bought a router in
    an attempt to get past any firewall that might be blocking me. I went straight to setting up my xbox with a static ip that i put as my router's dmz. This didn't change a thing, so I attempted to open up the ports suggested by the Xbox internet page, which
    didn't either. I then went on to try enabling the UPnP on my router, which has opened my NAT type. I was able to connect to my friend on a regular basis for awhile, but since then, we rarely can connect, even though we both have open NAT types. Resetting
    routers doesn't change a thing, so I was just curious what our next step might be, or if not having access to a modem will be a major roadblock.

:)

FierceCheese, Feb 8, 2014
  2. magicalclick
    magicalclick Guest
    Xbox connection issues HELP!!!

Are you sharing internet connection? Because this "both have open NAT types" sounds like you are sharing internet.

=== God is great, mTalk is good, people are crazy... ===

magicalclick, Feb 8, 2014
  3. Lehoii
    Lehoii Guest
    Xbox connection issues HELP!!!

Why do I only disconnect from an xbox live party when a certain person joins my party? It also causes whatever game I'm playing to lag and sometimes disconnect. Really frustrating. We both have open NAT types. Otherwise connection is flawless. Even have gone into my router settings and opened all necessary ports. PLEASE HELP!!!

Lehoii, Feb 8, 2014
  4. captinhowdy6969 Win User

Open NAT but still can't connect

I have a question what could cause this issue if both me and my friend have a open nat type and still can't join each others live party and game
  5. Kleyfly Win User

Can't connect to another player even though our NAT's are open.

I have the exact same problem, NAT types wide open, can connect to other friends party but when we want to creat a party for the two of us to join we can't connect to the party!
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

xbox live party chat

Hey there YT WKD! Aido900 could definitely be onto something here. Have you tried having different people host the party and see if you still have the same connection. You might also want to check and make sure both your NAT and your friend's NATs are set
    to Open. Sometimes Strict or Moderate NATs can cause connection issues. Check out this guide:

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict
    for help on opening your NAT (if you need it).
  7. Majin Turles Win User

"Connection to the server was lost" can't join or invite others. Every time.

Open NAT on both sides, both can connect to all our friends, but him and I can't connect. We can't even join each others' parties. Why isn't there a solution to this?
  8. dearjenna Win User

Friend being offline though he is actually on

Oh, this is a party chat issue? Thanks for clarifying that. The party chat guide can help with that: support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/troubleshoot-parties

Make sure that both you and your friend have open NAT types so you can connect with each other. :)
Thema:

1. Can't connect to a friend's xbox live party/Both have open NAT types - Similar Threads - Can't connect friend's

2. Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my 360 showing what friends are active, but saying I can't connect to the internet?: My system says i'm not connecting to the internet, however it shows what friends are online. Tested the ethernet cable in a Sony console and it worked fine. How can it show what friends are online...
  3. (Minecraft) Can't play on my friends world: "detected lost connection"

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Minecraft) Can't play on my friends world: "detected lost connection": I'm on Windows 11 and I have two friends playing in one world, one is on a PS4 and the other one is in a Xbox One, but I can't play with them, I load in the world, play for like 3 minutes and it...
  4. Is Xbox 360 servers been switched of mine and many friends can't connect to the internet or...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox 360 servers been switched of mine and many friends can't connect to the internet or...: My 360 won't connect to the internet or Xbox live what's going on with it? d540d841-359c-4bb6-b1c5-90d344bc8bbd
  5. I can't connect to my friend's game, i'm on Xbox One X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't connect to my friend's game, i'm on Xbox One X: When i try to connect It says me " failed connection: session not found" what can i do? I Have a stable connection i don't know any other reason why It should not work. Please help!...
  6. I can't connect to a friend in Meincraft Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't connect to a friend in Meincraft Xbox 360: My friend added me as a friend on the Xbox 360, but on my Xbox for some reason it is not in friends, so I can not connect to it in minecraft 55f3ba68-cc9f-4ff9-b21d-97157b9c9813
  7. Friend can't connect to Xbox parties on Xbox Game Bar

in XboX Insiders
    Friend can't connect to Xbox parties on Xbox Game Bar: When my friend attempts to join a party it appears like everyone else regardless of platform is disconnected and he's just connecting and the error message he receives is "Something went wrong...
  8. Can't connect to the Minecraft world of my friend on PS4 - SOLVED!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't connect to the Minecraft world of my friend on PS4 - SOLVED!: Hi guys, I was trying to play with friends in Minecraft (PS4) for many weeks but always I read the msg "unable to connect to the world", I read a lot of "hacks" to fix this issue but nothing...
  9. Can't connect to one certain friend.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect to one certain friend.: My friend and I are sharing home xbox with each other (his xbox is my home xbox and vice versa) and we cannot connect to each other in games shared to one another through home xbox. I'm curious if...
  10. A friend of mine and I downloaded Gears Of War Ultimate Edition And We Can't Connect To...

in XBoX on Windows
    A friend of mine and I downloaded Gears Of War Ultimate Edition And We Can't Connect To...: As the title says, we both downloaded the game, we log into the game, send a friend request for a story mode co-op, and neither one of us gets any kind of notification. We both have made sure that...