Can‘t connect Monitor with my Xbox Series s

Discus and support Can‘t connect Monitor with my Xbox Series s in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo 120hz Monitor and a Xbox Series s. The Monitor and the console are both connected with my HDMI high speed cable but when I turn my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Y4JD, Nov 1, 2022.

1. Y4JD
    Y4JD Guest

I have a Lenovo 120hz Monitor and a Xbox Series s. The Monitor and the console are both connected with my HDMI high speed cable but when I turn my console on the Monitor just says ”input not supported”.I already tried holding down the sync button while turining the console on but that also did not help at all.I even tried using a different cable, also high speed but then it just said ”no signal”. But the problem has to be my xbox because I tried connecting my Monitor to my laptop with the same cable and it worked, I was also able to connect my monitor to my xbox one with the same cable.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Y4JD, Nov 1, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Y4JD

May I know if you're able to test the console with a different screen?
    This helps to isolate a bit more the problem

In the meantime, may I know if you tried the troubleshooting steps from this article?
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Loscassidy Win User

i would connect it to a tv and lower the resolution to below what ur monitor supports and try again. then up it to the right res.
  4. costin mirel Win User

Can i still connect the hdmi port to my monitor?

Can i connect the HDMI cable to the monitor with the original HDMI cable that u get from the xbox series s?
  5. Mohamad Shaheen 89 Win User

Recommendations for a PC with optimal performance for FIFA 23 on Xbox One S and Xbox Series S/X

You've stated twice in your post about a PC. What exactly is it you're looking for? A PC or a Monitor?

If it's just a monitor you're after, don't make the mistake of buying 'any monitor' that fits your budget and hope that it works, because as SwordofWhedon has already stated, many monitors have compatibility issues with consoles. Just because a display says it does 144Hz, doesn't mean you'll get 120Hz on the Xbox. Many monitors, especially older models, have their own custom timings that don't conform to the VESA standard that the Xbox expects.

Series S is largely a 1080P console with some games running at 1440P. If you connect a Series S to a 4K display it won't look great. Series X looks good on both 1080P and 4K displays.

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x#recommendation_264254
    I apologize for not making my point clear earlier. I have an Xbox One S console and am looking for a monitor to connect it to in order to play FIFA 23. I am willing to spend a reasonable amount on a monitor, but I do not want it to be too expensive. I would like the monitor to be suitable for use with an Xbox Series S/X, in case I decide to upgrade in the future. I am seeking recommendations for monitors that are compatible with consoles and do not have any issues. Thank you.

I would like to inquire about the recommended budget monitor that costs only $300. Would this monitor be suitable for use with an Xbox Series S/X if I were to upgrade in the future?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

120 fps on 144hz monitor?

Hi,

Not 'any monitor' no. They need to be be pretty much exactly 120Hz over HDMI. Forget the other refresh rates, 144Hz and beyond are PC refresh rates for PC connected via Display Port. Just because a display says 144Hz, 166Hz or whatever, doesn't mean it will support 120Hz when connected to an Xbox Series X.

However, monitor's have become really popular for console owners since the latest machines launched in 2020. There are loads of reviews of monitors that have been proven to work on Xbox Series X|S consoles.

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-gaming-monitor-7003

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/xbox-series-x-s

Also, YouTube is a great source of reviews and recommendations for displays for the Xbox Series X|S console. Ignore the reviews that are for PC unless they specifically show the monitor working on a console.

Lastly, bear in mind that unlike TV's, most monitors do not have built in speakers. To achieve sound without headphones will require you to connect a set of PC speakers via the monitors built in 3.5mm headphone jack.
Thema:

1. Can‘t connect Monitor with my Xbox Series s - Similar Threads - Can‘t connect Monitor

2. can‘t sign In at The Xbox.com website!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    can‘t sign In at The Xbox.com website!!!!!: I can‘t sign In at Xbox.com and i tried for like 4h I tried different browsers clearing the cache using private mode using another network using another device i can only sign In at microsoft.com...
  3. Why can‘t I Play COD Cold War ( campaing) without a [mod removed] Game pass !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can‘t I Play COD Cold War ( campaing) without a [mod removed] Game pass !: I can not Play COD Cold War without a Game pass why is this so? Can anybody tell me that df41799f-cf27-4741-a628-825a9ba4cda2
  4. I can‘t launch any game on mobile on cloud gaming…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can‘t launch any game on mobile on cloud gaming…: I log in on cloud gaming, but can‘t, for example, launch fortnite 57eca16a-bcdf-4c3c-bd46-d7afe92b76d4
  5. Why can‘t I download all of the maps on call of duty black ops 2 even though I have the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can‘t I download all of the maps on call of duty black ops 2 even though I have the...: I downloaded and bought call of duty black ops 2 on my Xbox S. I bought the season pass with it as well. It says I have access and am able to download all the maps onto my console. I’ve only been...
  6. Can‘t add friends in Minecraft - all settings ok

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can‘t add friends in Minecraft - all settings ok: I have a family account with two children in it. One of them can add and play with friends in Minecraft, the other can not. (both playing on iPad - "You can not play multiplayer games online due...
  7. Can‘t copy/paste with XBOX app since last app update (on ios)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can‘t copy/paste with XBOX app since last app update (on ios): I can‘t paste a text in the xbox app anymore, i have the latest update from this app on ios. I need this feature to fast insert systemnames in elite dangerous, but the app don‘t let me insert...
  8. I can‘t quit the minecraft beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can‘t quit the minecraft beta: I can‘t play the normal Minecraft anymore. I recently bought me the minecraft game and it says beta. I unenrolled it deleted it and hard reset the console but it still doesn‘t work. Can somebody...
  9. Minecraft PS4: I can‘t join crossplatform worlds without invite and Auto-login to Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4: I can‘t join crossplatform worlds without invite and Auto-login to Microsoft...: Since the new patch on PS4 v1.16.20 I‘m getting issues I‘ve never had before. 1. I can‘t join my friends worlds anymore even though its on „friends of friends“. I don‘t see it on the list of...
  10. I can‘t buy the Skate 3 Add On Skate Share Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can‘t buy the Skate 3 Add On Skate Share Pack: Hey Guys, At the moment I‘m trying to unlock the Skate Share Pack in the store which is a add on for the Game Skate 3. I tryed it a few times now but there is everytime the same pop-up which...