can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected...

Discus and support can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi - external hard drive (500GB) is set up and detected to capture gameplay clips. It should be able to capture up to 1 hour right? But when I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ElySnow1, Nov 5, 2020.

1. ElySnow1
    ElySnow1 Guest

can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected...

Hi - external hard drive (500GB) is set up and detected to capture gameplay clips. It should be able to capture up to 1 hour right? But when I try to choose the length of time to capture, the max allowable is 3 minutes (as if it were capturing to the console).
    Definitely have capture location as external drive already.

:)

ElySnow1, Nov 5, 2020
  2. TikDog Win User

Suddenly getting really bad lag on my Xbox One X

Hello, I kept my games and apps when I did the factory reset. However, I only have 3 games downloaded to the internal hard drive. When I started having the issues I saw that my external hard drive was no longer detected by the Xbox.
  3. SigmaTheDJ Win User

any updates to xbox series x game capture (2 minutes @ 1080)?

If you use an external drive as the capture location, you can record footage at 1080p that's way longer than 1 minute, but it has 2 important limitations.

1. You have to start and stop the recording manually. You can't use the "record that" feature to capture longer clips of something that just happened; that would still be limited to 1 minute at 1080p.

2. Clips captured on external storage cannot be shared over Xbox Live.

I think it's a good solution if you're recording footage to transfer over to a PC, edit, then upload to YouTube, but it's no good if you want to capture longer clips to share with friends over Xbox Live.

I wonder why they reduced the recording times though. I'm sure when I got my Xbox Series X, there was a 2 minute option for 1080p, but now, as you said, it's only 1 minute.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Glitched hard drives

5. gds1972 Win User

External hard drive not formatting on Xbox One

6. Georges C. Win User

Laggy game clips

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Chandler, you're taking these clip captures inside your Xbox HARD drive or on some external HARD drive if you have any external HARD drive so try setting it up as media and redirecting the captures to it.
Thema:

1. can't choose longer than 3 minutes to capture to my external hard drive which is detected... - Similar Threads - can't choose longer

2. Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live on backwards compatible games 2024: I can't connect to Xbox Live on backward-compatible games I have tried soft resets, and hard resets on both console and router, clearing the Mac address, and changing to Manual DNS settings and I...
  3. When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When is Xbox Live backwards compatibility going to get fixed. I can't connect or download...: I have tried reset my Xbox and deleting my games. Tried upnp and Dmz and port forwarding on my router. I have also tried WiFi on my Xbox and still no luck. Any info would be appreciated. Ian...
  4. Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into Xbox 360 profile on Xbox one console: I've tried absolutely everything possible, clearing Xbox 360 cache, deleting and redownloading the profile, it doesn't give me an error code, just tells me to go here, I'm clueless and without...
  5. Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Install Game Pass Games to Specific Drive. Error: "This drive isn't formatted as...: I am paying for Game Pass, but can't install large games because the 18TB Seagate Exos x18 7200RPM HDD is for some reason disliked by Microsoft, Xbox, or Game Pass. I purchased such a huge drive...
  6. I can't choose a custom gamer picture even though I'm on a 18+ acount

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't choose a custom gamer picture even though I'm on a 18+ acount: It says you are not old enough when I want to choose I custom gamer pic c8a3add6-16b1-4458-b185-42d388e29288
  7. Can't select.y time zone... Only thing that I have a option to choose is UTC?!? I'm in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't select.y time zone... Only thing that I have a option to choose is UTC?!? I'm in...: Can't select.y time zone... Only thing that I have a option to choose is UTC?!? I'm in Kentucky also I been having issues with my Xbox being hacked and am wondering if it has smthn to do with it....
  8. Can't choose class, only giving random default classes - Modern Warfare 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't choose class, only giving random default classes - Modern Warfare 3: Hi, Since the update on the 16th I have not been able to choose any class, it just gives random default classes. I’ve tried a load of different things including deleting and reinstalling the...
  9. Can't choose 4K/120HZ in the menu with Hisense U8H TV on Xbox X.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't choose 4K/120HZ in the menu with Hisense U8H TV on Xbox X.: Hi everybody!, I can't choose 4K/120Hz in the TV & Display Option menu on 65U88H ( *Canadian version but same as the American one) TV from Hisense. I can only go to 1440P/ 120HZ with no issues....
  10. Can't go past the "Choose how you look on Xbox" window

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't go past the "Choose how you look on Xbox" window: Hi. I just purchased State of Decay 2 and it requires me to use my Microsoft account. I signed in and it asked me to make a gamertag of some sort. I typed a name that I like then click on the...