Can't change profile name on Minecraft Java edition

Discus and support Can't change profile name on Minecraft Java edition in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I just linked my former mojang account with my microsoft account. I have a new auto generated profile name "AdoptingMinemans", probably... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Medoras, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Medoras
    Medoras Guest

Hello,

I just linked my former mojang account with my microsoft account. I have a new auto generated profile name "AdoptingMinemans", probably automatically changed because I didn't play the game for a while.

So I'm trying to set a new profile name but it's always tagged as "potentially offensive" whatever I put. I even tried the actual name removing the last letter or even simple word and still it's considered offensive.

Some example bellow :

Can't change profile name on Minecraft Java edition [​IMG]

Do you have any solution to this problem ?

:)

Medoras, Dec 7, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community.
    My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor

Hope you're doing great today despite this Medoras

May I know if you tried changing your name using a different Wi-Fi network, web browser or device?

If that’s the case, the best option is reach Minecraft support.
    https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

They have the tools to see why you’re not able to change your profile username
  3. [ A J ] Win User

minecraft gamertag

Hi, David! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

Are you referring to your Minecraft: Java Edition in-game username? if you are here's how to change it.

To change your Minecraft username, you'll need to sign in at https://www.minecraft.net/profile then click on "My games" > Minecraft Java Edition > Profile Name. This Minecraft support page explains in good detail how to change your in-game username, as well as the requirements for it:

https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...

I hope this helps! please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Changing my username back to my old one

Hello ShaunJO,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that your concern is related to profile name in Minecraft Java that was changed. Let us help you find the most accurate information on how to address your concern and point you to the right support team where you can get the best resolution to your concern.

Minecraft usernames are unique, so if someone else has already claimed the name, you won't be able to use it again. As per the game support article, when you change your Java profile name, your previous name is saved for 37 days. This gives you an additional week to change back if you change your mind before your previous Java profile name becomes available to anyone else. You can find the information here: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

The option to change my Minecraft username won't show. How can I change it?

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today Thalius

Is this for Java Edition?

Did you tried opening Minecraft profile page on incognito mode?

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/profile

Once there Navigate to My Games and select the Minecraft: Java Edition dropdown box and there you should be able to change your username

If you're not able to see the option to change Java Edition Minecraft username you may need to contact Mojang support for this one

If you're referring to Bedrock edition, changing gamertag do the trick, but sometimes can take up to 72 hours to be reflected the change everywhere
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Minecraft post migration java account stolen due to the migration.

Hello RainbowVOD,

Thanks for the reply, we understand that the process for post migration of Minecraft account is not in favor to you. We just want to clarify the details about the Minecraft username which is now called Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name is not the same as Gamertag.

You may use the same name however, there maybe a chance that it must be taken. In that case, we would like to provide you the game article about it: Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name VS Gamertag FAQ | Minecraft Help.

Since the Minecraft: Java Edition Profile Name is in-game concern, anything that you may want to ask regarding this name should be addressed by the Minecraft Support.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Thema:

1. Can't change profile name on Minecraft Java edition - Similar Threads - Can't change profile

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my age, and can't do features I use to have.: I changed my age which was orginally over 18, and changed it under, and now I can't access some features I use to be able to access, like custom profile pictures. I thought nothing bad would...
  7. Can't change my profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change my profile picture: Everytime I try to change my profile picture on the Xbox app to a custom profile picture it says "try again in a bit. Something went wrong". I've been trying to change it now for 2 days. Do you...
  8. How do I change the email to a xbox 360 profile if I have lost the email and I can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the email to a xbox 360 profile if I have lost the email and I can't...: Essentially I have this old profile which I want to bind to my email as I used to play on it alot when I was younger but due to me not having access to the email or password I can't sign in to...
  9. I can't change my Xbox profile picture and idk why

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my Xbox profile picture and idk why: I've tried several times with different pictures none of them being Inappropriate. My friends can change their pfps but u can't and it's frustrating fba343dc-2785-471a-ba75-bde407a1c961
  10. I can't change my XboxAccount profile picture

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my XboxAccount profile picture: When I try accessing the account.xbox.com website to change my profile picture, upon clicking the "Change player picture" link I see a modal with a loading circle that never stops. I checked the...