Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360

Discus and support Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I tried to change the Microsoft account on my Xbox 360 to my current personal email, but after entering the correct credentials on both of them I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DavidEthier1, Jul 11, 2021.

1. DavidEthier1
    DavidEthier1 Guest

Today I tried to change the Microsoft account on my Xbox 360 to my current personal email, but after entering the correct credentials on both of them I got an error message that says I cannot change the account associated with my Xbox live Gamertag and to visit xbox.com/accountswap to learn more.

After doing exactly that, I didn't find any information pertaining to the error.

For the record, the account associated with my Gamertag is a "live.com" email and the one I tried to change it to is an "outlook.com" one.

If anyone knows what I should do, please let me know as soon as you can.

Thank you

:)

DavidEthier1, Jul 11, 2021
  2. Hi Im Swat Win User

Due to people abusing this tool, it was removed several years ago. Microsoft haven't updated the Xbox 360 in over 10 years, so any information you find on it might be out of date.
  3. DavidEthier1 Win User

So there is no way for me to change the email associated with my Gamertag?
  4. Kalikospook Win User

Why has my gamer tag not changed on xbox1

Yeah hi, yes it was my one and only free gamer tag change, it has worked for my Microsoft xbox.com account and on my Xbox 360 so can't understand what a free gamer tag change is good for if it hasn't truely changed?
  5. Soar soN1C Win User

Cant download my profile?

Hi xbox live , I cannot download my profile , and then I will change my Microsoft account and I delete my profile and I download my profile is not downloading my xbox 360 is stop I can't do anything please help me
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Changing the microsoft account my xbox is on without changing the email

Hi ! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You can't change the email linked to the Xbox account without changing the email of the Microsoft account, as the Xbox account it's part of the Microsoft account and the Microsoft account it's the email that has currently linked
Thema:

1. Can't change my Microsoft account on my Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Can't change Microsoft

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a Xbox 360 used and can't change parental controls: I recently bought a used Xbox 360 and when I was exploring it, went into the "Family" tab, it asked me for a code, I didn't know it, it asked me a secret question, I don't know it, now some...
  6. I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...: I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change my safety settings to allow Multiplayer? aac85b88-851a-425c-8210-36a834a62284
  7. I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace but still can't change skins on Microsoft for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace but still can't change skins on Microsoft for...: I am signed into Microsoft and marketplace on Nintendo switch but can't change my skins on minecraft. What can I do! 72ac3259-b9aa-46e7-830d-64479cc2f032
  8. My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...: I lost my Microsoft Account on Last week and i still haven't gotten back I tried to Reach Microsoft Support and I also Filled Account Recovery Form with the Peace of Information that I Had But...
  9. Changed email alias on Microsoft account and now can't sign into any Microsoft related apps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed email alias on Microsoft account and now can't sign into any Microsoft related apps...: I changed the Alias to my Microsoft account a long time ago and I haven't been able to sign into my Microsoft account on any Microsoft related app (Xbox, Microsoft Store, Minecraft, Etc.) however...
  10. my microsoft account got hacked the hacker changed my email i can't login

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked the hacker changed my email i can't login: my microsoft account got hacked which i paid for minecraft how can i get my account back i can send you transaction id for proof 564e5cdf-1b62-4ca9-b1cb-8f668c324115