Can't change Gamertag to certain name, but can create new account with that exact name.

Discus and support Can't change Gamertag to certain name, but can create new account with that exact name. in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I create a new Xbox account, I am able to take the gamertag with no numbers at the end (#XXXX). But if I try to change my main account's gamertag to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David_G7, Mar 23, 2023.

1. David_G7
    David_G7 Guest

Can't change Gamertag to certain name, but can create new account with that exact name.

If I create a new Xbox account, I am able to take the gamertag with no numbers at the end (#XXXX). But if I try to change my main account's gamertag to the new one, it says I need to have the numbers at the end (as if the gamertag is already taken). I just don't understand how certain names can be created, but you can't change your current gamertag to it, despite being the exact same name. This is frustrating because I don't want to start with a fresh account, as I've had my current one for ~15 years now. Please help

:)

David_G7, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Are you trying to change the tag pretty quickly after checking it with the first account? That will usually cause the system to hold the tag for a bit since it thinks you're about to use it so when you try changing it on another account it'll show it's already in use.
  3. Dark destiny Win User

Keeping Gamertag, but start fresh with achievements?

Can't you just change your gamertag on your account, create a new one, and use the name you just changed from.

EG.

Your Gamertag = Boo - Gamerscore 5000

Change Gamertag from Boo to Pie - Gamerscore 5000

Gamertage Boo is now available.

Create new account, take name Boo Gamerscore 0 then add everyone again
  4. ngocphi Win User

Deleting My Account

to be clear at least 800 ms points is needed on each account

800 for the original account to free up the name

800 for the new account to change the name to the new name unless you haven't created it in which case you will receive 1 free name change if it is within the first 30days

and only on randomly created gamertags names
  5. dup122dee98-3817-461 Win User

Windows 8 Xbox Live account has been created automatically as a Child

I know that. I spoke with support for multiple channels and their response has always been the same . You can not change the age . For this reason I created a new account.

The problem is to pay to change the gamertag . When Windows created the account without asking age, I did not know that was childish . For this reason I paid 9.50€ in my old account to change gamertag and then I named this account. Now, I had to create a
    new account because i can't use it.

Account was created bad for Windows 8 error , not mine. I did not put the wrong age, Windows did not ask. I request xbox support to leave me one free gamertag change in the child's account (GLooMan16) so I can change the name and put it on the new account
    I created.

I did not ask for a gift. But it seems wrong to pay again when it has been a Microsoft error and not mine that was created as a child account.

Thanks for your atention.
  6. Daft Badger Win User

Whether a name of gamertag becomes free after I rename it or delete it?

It could become free straight away or maybe after a couple of hours,can't really say for certain.

The free name change is only if you change your tag from a generated gamertag to a personal one within 30 days of creating your account.

Any other changes need to be paid for.
Thema:

1. Can't change Gamertag to certain name, but can create new account with that exact name. - Similar Threads - Can't change Gamertag

2. I can't change my gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my gamertag: I tried to change my gamertag but when I get in a game It is the same name I had before 212f779c-1e4d-4faf-9c99-230f501ebb1b
  3. Can't play Bully after gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't play Bully after gamertag change: When I changed my gamer tag and tried to play Bully on Xbox, it wouldn't allow me to access my saves because it's not connected to Xbox Live (two things: one, you don't need Xbox Live to play...
  4. Can't change gamertag because the currency is different

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't change gamertag because the currency is different: I want to change my gamertag but it only shows in USD and im from Malaysia b229d26b-c1d6-436d-aced-51eb9b14ff45
  5. I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed my old 360 gamertag and the games that I have saved I can't access to get on: I'm trying to have all my saved games that are saved onto the new account so I can continue playing 101201a2-98e0-4124-a2a7-d65698c4ade7
  6. Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my gamertag back to my old one: I changed my gamertag a little bit ago but I regret doing so and would like to change it back to my old one. When I try to change it I get a message saying it's not allowed, I'm not sure why...
  7. Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't change gamertag on Xbox 360?: So I read on the Xbox forums that your gamertag can only be 12 characters long, but that if you have an Xbox 360, you can change to a 15 character long gamertag. Well, I dusted off the ol' 360,...
  8. Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag: Can't find my gamepass subscription after XBOX Reset. It asked me to change my gamertag when I logged in on a different country 3444de75-63aa-41ab-bda8-9a1633e1ef92
  9. Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag randomly reset by enforcement and I can't get it changed back.: Hey everyone, My gamertag was randomly reset a few months ago and I've been trying to change it back. After calling Xbox support multiple times I haven't been able to get this fixed. An agent I...
  10. Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Change region/country to change Gamertag in xbox live.: When I go to change my gamertag it asks for a billing address but the country bar is grayed out and set to USA, I am from Indonesia. I have seen this problem around before but no fixes that work...