Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can...

Discus and support Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a live.com email that I mainly use for everything now except my Xbox account. I would like to get that switched for ease of mind. however it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JarrodT1448, Nov 9, 2021.

1. JarrodT1448
    JarrodT1448 Guest

Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can...

I have a live.com email that I mainly use for everything now except my Xbox account. I would like to get that switched for ease of mind. however it says live is a reserved domain and can't be added to my account.

:)

JarrodT1448, Nov 9, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can change that?

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community. Unfortunately, it is not possible to make this change, however, you can add an alias to your account that would be a kind of alternative email, if you want to do this follow the instructions in the article below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...

*Thank you in advance for contacting, I hope this can help you.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can change that?

when you create a new microsoft account (email) it auto creates and xbox account as they are now one in the same, there is no way to transfer from one to another, you could have created an alias on the xbox account and then made that primary but you cant add an already created microsoft account.
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Changing Email Addresses

I am trying to change the address from a Hotmail account to a gmail account, is this possible?
    Yes, you can change TO any email address that is not Hotmail, Outlook nor Live mail. You just can't change TO one of those emails - as they are permanently connected to microsoft accounts.

You can switch any email to a Gmail just fine.
  5. kucfer420 Win User

trouble with old xbox 360 profile

Thank you for your swift response!

However, to link my old email address to my hotmail account is not possible as i can only link other hotmail email addresses to my hotmail account.

I tried to recover my old email address and was informed by the email address provider that it was not only deactivated but also terminated and not recoverable as i havent used it in 10+ years.

Is there any other way to help change my old xbox live email address? Perhaps microsoft could change it manually? Given that i can verify that it is my account via Identification card, phone number or facebook as i use the same email address there as i do on my xboxlive account.
  6. AridLizard Win User

Xbox live account linked to a different Microsoft account

You can create a new account or you can go to https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Account-Profile/manage-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account to change the email to it. I hope this helps!
    if the email linked to the Xbox account is a Microsoft email (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) then it can't be removed from the account as that would permanently delete that MS email account.
Thema:

1. Can't change email from old Hotmail account to new live account is there any way I can... - Similar Threads - Can't change email

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my default install location for games using the Xbox app on the PC: I want to start by saying I've spent 2.5 hours on the phone with both Xbox support and Windows support regarding this issue. The first person from Xbox support tried everything she had in her...
  5. How do I change the email to a xbox 360 profile if I have lost the email and I can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change the email to a xbox 360 profile if I have lost the email and I can't...: Essentially I have this old profile which I want to bind to my email as I used to play on it alot when I was younger but due to me not having access to the email or password I can't sign in to...
  6. Why can't I change my email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I change my email?: My account was hacked a few months ago and despite me gaining access to it has been stuck with the hackers email since, every time I go to change it I get the "You can't do that again just yet"...
  7. Account hacked and email changed. Can't recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked and email changed. Can't recover: Somebody hacked into my account and changed the email. I can't open a ticket or do anything because the account no longer exists under my email. The account is an old one I only used because I own...
  8. My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Got Hacked and Hacker Changed My Email Now i can't get any mails from microsoft...: I lost my Microsoft Account on Last week and i still haven't gotten back I tried to Reach Microsoft Support and I also Filled Account Recovery Form with the Peace of Information that I Had But...
  9. Changed email alias on Microsoft account and now can't sign into any Microsoft related apps...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changed email alias on Microsoft account and now can't sign into any Microsoft related apps...: I changed the Alias to my Microsoft account a long time ago and I haven't been able to sign into my Microsoft account on any Microsoft related app (Xbox, Microsoft Store, Minecraft, Etc.) however...
  10. my microsoft account got hacked the hacker changed my email i can't login

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account got hacked the hacker changed my email i can't login: my microsoft account got hacked which i paid for minecraft how can i get my account back i can send you transaction id for proof 564e5cdf-1b62-4ca9-b1cb-8f668c324115

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can you recover an old hotmail account for xbox live