Can't change account

Discus and support Can't change account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Can't change accounts on PC in any of Xbox, Minecraft or the Microsoft store. On xbox/minecraft when i press the "switch account" button, a window... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sicced2787, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Sicced2787
    Sicced2787 Guest

Can't change account

Can't change accounts on PC in any of Xbox, Minecraft or the Microsoft store.

On xbox/minecraft when i press the "switch account" button, a window pops up but instantly vanished and nothing happens.

On the microsoft store, after signing out of my other account, the sign-in button does not work and nothing happens.

:)

Sicced2787, Nov 27, 2022
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Can't change account

sorry,

Have you tried clearing the cache?

just run the command Windows + R. A box will open and you must enter the command “WSReset.exe”. Click OK and a screen will quickly open and close, which means that the Windows store cache is being cleared.
  3. Sygille Win User

Can't change account

I find the solution, it was the microsoft store account ! It's a very weird connection but glad to found it. Didn't find the support either, do you have link ?
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Can't change account

Hello Sicced2787,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

Based on your description, you are trying to switch from one account to another from these applications: Microsoft Store, Xbox app and Minecraft (Launcher). Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

We would like to provide you suggested troubleshooting, but we would like to start from letting you know that it is best to match the accounts signed in to the three apps you mention. Please skip those troubleshooting that you already perform.

METHOD 1

1. Install PC updates including Optional Update. Guide - Update Windows
    2. Please do an update to all drivers, guide - update drivers in Windows.
    3. Note: Please make sure you know your credentials before proceeding to the next steps. If in doubt, try to manually sign in here: Microsoft Account | Home.
      • Log out from Minecraft (Launcher), Xbox app and Microsoft Store. Make sure there is no account remain logged into those apps.
      • Reset/Repair Microsoft Store and Xbox app. Guide - Repair apps and programs in Windows.
      • Clear the store cache by typing “wsreset” in the Windows search bar. Run this as admin and wait for the screen to close and open the store automatically.
      • Try reinstalling the Gaming Services package on your Windows 10 device:
        1. Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
        2. In the Administrator: Windows PowerShell screen, type the following command and press Enter:

Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
        3. Wait for the process to finish.
    4. Restart and disable all antivirus, antimalware, VPN, proxy, firewall and PC Optimizer.
    5. Sign into the Microsoft Store and please update all the Xbox apps by following this guide: Get updates for apps and games in Microsoft Store
    6. Launch Xbox app and log into the same account. Launch Minecraft Launcher too and do the same. If issue persist, let us know so we can provide you Method 2 of troubleshooting.
    Please share more details about your device set up too:

1. Is the PC customized? Is this connected to a domain? May we ask for the make and model?
    2. Are you part of Xbox Insider or Windows Insider?
    3. When did this issue happen? Is there an update or new apps installed to your PC when this happened?
    4. May we ask for a screenshot of the issue? Please conceal any personal information.
    5. May we ask for the Windows version and edition of your computer or laptop? Please type WINVER into the Windows search bar and hit Enter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We look forward to your response.

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Sicced2787 Win User

Can't change account

Just tried this, still no change.
  6. Miku Sakuya Win User

Can't change account

Typically on the same device it shouldn't matter that's how it works for xbox but maybe cause its PC it's different and also on PC I'm not sure if game sharing applies or not so you may actually have to contact support on that one I'm sure it's another
    bug launched with game pass for pc
Thema:

Can't change account

1. Can't change account - Similar Threads - Can't change account

2. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  3. My xbox account got deleted and hacked someone changed every thing. Is there a way u can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox account got deleted and hacked someone changed every thing. Is there a way u can't...: [mod removed] My account was hacked someone changed the email and password I can't get a way to get it back because I don't got the email with the account. fd62634f-57b4-46be-8388-66854dd987e5
  4. I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change...: I can't add friends on Xbox because of how my Microsoft account is set up, how do I change my safety settings to allow Multiplayer? aac85b88-851a-425c-8210-36a834a62284
  5. I changed all my account's settings to "allow" but still can't play multiplayer.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I changed all my account's settings to "allow" but still can't play multiplayer.: I finally managed to create an adult account that could add my main to a family group and change my account's settings. But when I did and opened Minecraft Java again, multiplayer is still...
  6. I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until...: I tried changing my number on xbox account but now I can't sign in to xbox live until changes go thru by 11/25. I can't use a code because it wants to send the code to my old number, what do I do?...
  7. I can't change my account alias I have changed my alias a lot this year but I want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't change my account alias I have changed my alias a lot this year but I want to...: I have changed my alias a lot this year but I want to change it again but it won't let me, I don't know if there are any kind of limits. Please help. 4a1402cb-a510-4907-a8ca-e266c3a30d4f
  8. I can't change my account alias

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't change my account alias: I have changed my alias a lot this year but I want to change it again but it won't let me, I don't know if there are any kind of limits. Please help. 740abacf-c621-458b-b0ae-b1a73906b667
  9. i can't change accounts it just defaults back to the previous account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    i can't change accounts it just defaults back to the previous account.: it just defaults back to the previous account I say not me, and it signs into the account anyways. I cleared the data for the app multiple times, I removed my device from the account no matter...
  10. I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add myself as a friend on my Child's account. "Sorry we can't save your changes...: Hello, I am the primary organizer in my Family account and my child is a member under it. I have set his settings to be able to play multiplayer and set restrictions to age 6. I am adding my...