Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player

Discus and support Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been used to casting my music from my Andriod phone onto my Xbox via Groove Music. I had stopped for a couple of months, but recently wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IEnjoiPonys, Apr 25, 2022.

1. IEnjoiPonys
    IEnjoiPonys Guest

I've been used to casting my music from my Andriod phone onto my Xbox via Groove Music. I had stopped for a couple of months, but recently wanted to cast again but this time Groove Music has been replaced with Windows Media Player. It would not let me cast from my phone. Whenever I try, the Windows Media Player app opens on my Xbox but the cast fails and nothing plays. What gives?

:)

IEnjoiPonys, Apr 25, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi IEnjoiPonys,

We have not heard anything from you since our last reply. Please do not hesitate to create a new thread if you have new concerns. We hope that we have answered the issue you reported to us. We personally understand that finding time to work on this matter can be a little difficult to manage. Thus, we would like to let you know how much we appreciate your patience and most importantly the time you have dedicated to post here in Xbox Forums.

Regards,

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hi IEnjoiPonys,

We have noticed that you have not responded to our last message. We would like to know whether the issue you have raised with us is still ongoing. If yes, please let us know so that we can continue our conversation.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

Hi IEnjoiPonys,

Greetings! Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums. We are happy to help.

We understand that you are trying to cast music from Android to Xbox Console. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Based on support articles - Groove Music on iOS and Android: FAQ, Groove Music iOS and Android apps were retired last 2018 and streaming music to Xbox Console will be made available for the devices with Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)-compliant playback capabilities.

We listed few ways for you to cast music to Xbox Console (try if applicable):

Though things listed above are suggestions only. We'd like to know the details about the concern you have raised, please see few questions below:

1. Would you mind posting a screenshot of the error you were getting on Xbox Console and/or Android? Please conceal any personal information.
    2. May we ask what is the make and model of your Android?
    3. Is the application used, as well as the console and Android phone, up to date?
    We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. alexward1230 Win User

Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

I am not ready to upgrade to windows 11. Cast has always worked on windows 10 and now after an update to the Xbox Console (to replace groove music with Windows Media Player) cast no longer works. Note, this isn't isolated to my windows 10 devices. No UPnP devices (Android, IOS, etc) are able to cast to the Xbox One console.
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Bug: Xbox Windows Media Player cant cast audio

Ok, you are using Windows 10 you should try updating to windows 11 the media player on it allows you to cast the files easier
Thema:

1. Can't Cast to Xbox via Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Can't Cast via

2. Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't cast to Xbox Series X: Hello, I've been attempting to cast my laptop to my Xbox Series X using the Wireless Display App, and it never seems to work (or maybe it does, but then it disconnects immediately). I can cast...
  3. Why can't I cast my phone to my Xbox 1?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I cast my phone to my Xbox 1?: I'm trying to cast my phone screen to my Xbox 1, but when I go to the cast screen on my phone my Xbox doesn't show up, I have the wireless display app open and they are on the same network. I know...
  4. Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 can't see XBOX Series X to cast to: I cannot seem to cast my PC Desktop to my XBOX. Both on wired LAN, both have remote settings enabled such as RDP and Wireless display. [img] I see the adapter here but get this when trying to...
  5. Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't cast from YouTube or YouTube music to xbox anymore.: Can't cast to my xbox from YouTube or YouTube music anymore. It used to work and then suddenly just stopped working a few weeks ago. It doesn't pick up the Xbox, it says no device found even...
  6. Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore: Chrome browser on my PC can't cast YouTube videos to Xbox One S anymore. I have all the latest updates on my devices, but Chrome can't see my Xbox anymore for some reason. All my devices are on...
  7. Can't cast phone screen to xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't cast phone screen to xbox.: I want to cast my phone to the xbox but my phone can't find it. It works only on youtube. Any help please? e2704da1-251d-47df-92a2-9c089d487728
  8. Can't cast to Xbox via android phone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't cast to Xbox via android phone: My Xbox does not show when searching for players on my phone selecting the cast button for Netflix or YouTube. Device connections are set to allow connections from any device, allow play to...
  9. Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't cast video to xbox anymore (03/2019) Xbox cannot be detected on network for some reason: I have always been able to cast from my devices to my Xbox as it is the only device I can do this from. But tonight, when I went to do this the app I always use took ages to searching for a...
  10. I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect local cast app with my Xbox one: hello. I downloaded local cast to my cell phone and I can't connect the app with my Xbox one. help me please 5cea68c5-630c-435f-b489-c2d501450a3b