Can’t cancel Xbox series S pre-order

Discus and support Can’t cancel Xbox series S pre-order in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Need some help guys I pre-ordered an Xbox series S using microsoft account credit. I no longer want the console (have decided to go for a series X... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by istiaq07, Oct 5, 2020.

1. istiaq07
    istiaq07 Guest

Need some help guys

I pre-ordered an Xbox series S using microsoft account credit. I no longer want the console (have decided to go for a series X later on instead), but on my order history there is no option to cancel. I have contacted the microsoft store support hotline but
    they cannot help me, they said they can’t cancel the order because it has been reserved for me or something?

I am so confused - why can’t I cancel a pre order that is due to be shipped in more than a month?

Can someone advise me to who I can speak with - I tried contacting Xbox Support on twitter but have received no response sadly.

:)

istiaq07, Oct 5, 2020
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I bought hogwarts legacy deluxe edition

All Deluxe orders were cancelled as it contains the Xbox One version, and the date was changed on that to April

Pre-orders with the new dates of fulfillment are now open and you can re-order the game

"The cancellation is due to the delay of the release of the Xbox One version which is included with the Digital Deluxe Edition for Xbox Series X|S. You'll be able to pre-order again and play when the game launches for the Series X on February 10th, 2023!”

https://twitter.com/WBGamesSupport/status/1610870920855396354?s=20&t=tzS-NDXpwYaGjaTSpi8NqQ
  3. geezrgamr Win User

I ran into the same issue. Even though the Microsoft site offers a "Cancel" option, on that page, the button for cancelation is not active (at least it was not on Oct. 8). The same page states 'if you cancel a pre-order you will lose your place in line',
    so it seems cancelling a preorder should be allowed. Regardless, I think the best option is to take delivery then contact Microsoft for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA). I'd considered refusing the FedEx delivery (I think Microsoft uses FedEx), but
    I think the safer route to a refund is getting an RMA first. Alternatively, unpack the XSS, throw some games at it, and see if it meets your needs! Opinions about its graphical performance are all over the graph on the web -- you'll only know for sure when
    you see how it performs with your own eyes. You'll still have 30 days to return it.
  4. Smwutches Win User

my son bought (pre ordered) the x box one s Harry Potter Legacy version but has since saved enough and wants to buy an x box series X .. will the Xbox one version work on the series X?

Yes it will, it just won't look as good as the Series S/X version. If he hasn't been charged yet, he can also cancel the pre-order and purchase the Series S/X version instead.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Hi, so I recently pre ordered Hogwarts legacy, I have an Xbox Series X, only l problem is my dumb self got the Xbox One version, will that mean that game won't work or will look worse?

Hi Carter! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

It shouldn't look worse for the Xbox One version. It's just that for Xbox Series X/S version, you get all the features the game has to offer. If you canceled your Xbox One Edition of the game, you will lose its pre-order bonuses. Since the Series X/S Edition of the game has already been released, pre-order bonuses on it is no longer available.
  6. АрсенЛуцыв Win User

Wwe 2k22 which platform?

Hello, my stepson has pre ordered wwe 2k22 standard edition on xbox one for £60.

We have both upgraded to series s now. Does he need to cancel the pre order and buy the Cross gen version for £70 or will the xbox one version work?
    Ннггоьтьььо

Г
Thema:

1. Can’t cancel Xbox series S pre-order - Similar Threads - Can’t cancel series

2. Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!: Hi there, I signed up for a Microsoft account a year ago to access games on my old computer. I used it for a week, and forgot about it. My credit card has been charged ever since. I have tried...
  3. Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out… Can’t cancel account… Please help!: Hi there, I signed up for a Microsoft account a year ago to access games on my old computer. I used it for a week, and forgot about it. My credit card has been charged ever since. I have tried...
  4. I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew: I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew f39682e4-6c5c-4013-b4db-96827f4aff06
  5. I can’t cancel Fortnite crew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t cancel Fortnite crew: It say I Own 11.99 for the Fortnite crow I can’t cancel it. 6625ae7b-d19b-4d55-9011-ac9c091cff6c
  6. Can’t Recover Account to Cancel Subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t Recover Account to Cancel Subscription: So I am unable to get in to my Xbox live account. I forgot my password and am unable to recover the account through the Microsoft website (repeatedly told me that I don’t have enough information...
  7. My Minecraft realms Abonnement won’t shop up so I can’t cancel it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft realms Abonnement won’t shop up so I can’t cancel it: I want to cancel my Minecraft realms subscription, but it won’t show up in the section of Abonnements on my Microsoft account where it’s supposed to be. What can I do to cancel it?...
  8. I need to cancel my game pass subscription but can’t remember my email to sign in I don’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to cancel my game pass subscription but can’t remember my email to sign in I don’t...: I need to cancel my game pass subscription but can’t remember my email to sign in I don’t have the Xbox no more how do I get around this 1daa268c-3cc0-49a3-b7f4-0c7923420acb
  9. Still paying for Xbox live, but can’t get into account to cancel it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Still paying for Xbox live, but can’t get into account to cancel it.: I can remember my gamer tag but not my email. I’m currently paying for Xbox live on the account but can’t cancel it since I’m not able to get into it. b0b1fdc9-a91d-4598-b28d-5dfaaa9cdc5b
  10. I can’t cancel my realms because I don’t have Xbox gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t cancel my realms because I don’t have Xbox gold: I can’t cancel my realms because I ran out of Xbox gold and it’s still charging me and I do t know what to do 4731c7fb-2eef-4d84-928d-e6c55f3a45c6