Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds

Discus and support Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I find it ridiculous that after all of this time Microsoft will not allow someone to buy a backwards compatible game (Xbox 360 or original Xbox) by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mr Darkling, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Mr Darkling
    Mr Darkling Guest

I find it ridiculous that after all of this time Microsoft will not allow someone to buy a backwards compatible game (Xbox 360 or original Xbox) by using the funds from a gift card. Their only solution when I contacted them regarding this issue was to
    use your Xbox 360. The person that gets a gift card and only owns the Xbox One and would like to purchase, say, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is simply out of luck. Support's solution for those people was to find someone that owns a 360 or rent
    one from a rental service.

:)

Mr Darkling, Jan 18, 2019
  2. FreakRoach Win User

Backwards compatibility is a feature or which I'm really grateful to Microsoft to make it happen. This is one feature I think no one thought will be there when Xbox One was launched. This may be the reason the stores for different generations ar different
    and this is what i can live with.
  3. Zero Jehuty Win User

4. Smwutches Win User

It's definitely frustrating that it's been almost 6 years since that system was implemented and it's never been updated to work through the One or website.
  5. Gosland Win User

This is extremely ridiculous an ubsurd that microsoft cant do anything about this other that explain to you as to why there system is just built for the way they want you to use it. Like we clearly KNOW how to PURCHASE xbox games on a 360 and on a xbox
    one we have all done it but the issue is MICROSOFT introduced bc games and made it to where you cant play bc discs on xbox one s and you cant purchase them with the gift cards MICROSOFT provides us. So what am I a consumer supposed to to when I wanted to buy
    fallout new vegas bc and I buy the disc and through research I find out my ONLY console my xbox one s cant play the bc disc because of its built in hardware (optic laser) so I return the disc to gamestop and instead I purchase MICROSOFTS NONREFUNDABLE giftcard
    with the LAST money I have and it turns out I cant get the game I wanted over a simple technacality and hardware that wasnt made for bc?? So what do I do now that I cant refund your stupid card and I dont know WHO A XBOX 360
  6. Zero Jehuty Win User

You can use paypal or a credit card to buy the games. This has how it has been since BC started on the Xboxone.
Thema:

1. Can't Buy Backwards Compatible Games with Your Microsoft Account Funds - Similar Threads - Can't Buy Backwards

2. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  3. I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft for a while and now I suddenly can't play Java, it's asking for me to buy...: I am trying to play Minecraft and it said before "you don't have gold/core" so I get it and now it says that I don't own the game. Meanwhile, I do. I need some clarification because I refuse to...
  4. Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why i can't buy the 14 days of game pass by 1 €?: If i have redeemed on the past a 30 days by 1 € now i can't get this new offer or what? 07feba49-a860-4e7e-8a2d-b030ebff4ab0
  5. Why can't I buy Counter Strike Global Offensive in Backward Compatibility for my Xbox One S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I buy Counter Strike Global Offensive in Backward Compatibility for my Xbox One S?: So like I go to the Microsoft Store and go to Backward compatibility section for Xbox 360 and I see Counter Strike Global Offensive and I want to buy it to play on my Xbox One S but there's this...
  6. Can't use money on my account to buy games? Or at least backward compatible games on Xbox One?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't use money on my account to buy games? Or at least backward compatible games on Xbox One?: I have $5 on my account but when I tried to buy Black Ops 2 on Xbox One it only used my debit card. Can you not use money on your account to pay for backwards compatible games? There was no option...
  7. I can't buy any backward compatibility game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy any backward compatibility game: [img] 852961cb-4766-405e-8955-2e72db6e7a0a
  8. can't buy an backward compability game

in XBoX on Consoles
    can't buy an backward compability game: trying to buy skate 3 all my friend could but when i tried it says can't complete your demand. not the first time i buy a game but its the first time i got this message, wont work on console or...
  9. Can't buy Xbox One Backward Compatible 360 Games - Error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't buy Xbox One Backward Compatible 360 Games - Error: I do not have an Xbox Live Gold subscription anymore, and I believe its probably the issue. And my only payment method is Paypal. But I can't buy Backwards Compatible games on the console or...
  10. Can't Buy Xbox 360 BackWard Compatible Games on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Buy Xbox 360 BackWard Compatible Games on my Xbox One: I am unable to purchase Xbox 360 BackWard Compatible Games on my Xbox One or anything related to Xbox 360. Even stuff for my Avatar can't be bought on my GamerTag, since stuff for the Avatar is...