Can’t add friends

Discus and support Can’t add friends in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I can’t add friends on Xbox, every time I do it lets me add them, but when I go back to their profile, it says that I didn’t. So I keep trying to add... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by IT Elit3 TI, May 6, 2023.

1. IT Elit3 TI
    IT Elit3 TI Guest

Can’t add friends

I can’t add friends on Xbox, every time I do it lets me add them, but when I go back to their profile, it says that I didn’t. So I keep trying to add them and it’s just an infinite loop. I also have this issue with join in GTA friend sessions but I’m pretty sure that’s unrelated.

:)

IT Elit3 TI, May 6, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Can’t add friends

Hi IT, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor ready to assist you with this

I'm sorry to hear that you're not able to add friends in your console
    Can you tell me what procedures you tried to fix this?

In the meantime try to perform a physical power cycle disconnecting the power cable

"Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

Plug the console power cable back in.
    Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on."

You can find the same steps in the article below
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. Ben4724 Win User

Can’t add friends

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and a fellow member in the community. Hope you are doing well!

Can you tell us what platform are you having issues with and what steps have you tried so far? Since it is working via Xbox app, it could be on the device specific issue only.

For Xbox consoles, I suggest to try removing and adding your profile first but make sure to take note of the email address you are using for your gamertag. Here is how to remove and add your profile for reference https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...

After adding your profile back, try to restart your console by turning it off and unplugging as well from the power supply for 3-5 minutes. Then plug it back and turn it on and see if there are still problems.

I hope this helps somehow. Feel free to post back if there are still issues and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Can’t add friends in Fortnite

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that your son is having trouble adding friends in Fortnite. It sounds like there may be an issue with the parental controls on your Xbox account.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the issue:

Double-check that the parental control PIN you are entering is correct.

If you are unsure, you can reset the PIN by following the steps here: Manage a PIN for your Xbox profile | Xbox Support.

Make sure that your son's Xbox account has permission to add friends.

See the steps on how to manage your son's privacy settings for adding friends on this link: Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support.

Ensure that the settings have been saved.

You mentioned that you have updated the settings in Xbox family, but it's possible that the changes haven't taken effect yet.

1. Try signing out of Xbox account and then signing back in to see if the changes have been applied.
    2. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    3. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
      Important Be sure to wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
    4. Plug the console power cable back in.
    5. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

If you encounter any error or issue, please let us know by sending us a screenshot.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Can’t add friends in Fortnite

Good day!

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com).

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. Marlena Lockridge Win User

Why is it saying not joinable on cod mw2 when I was able to play fine a day ago

Same. I have cross play on and can’t even add friends… it keeps telling me I’m offline not joinable it’s aggravating
Thema:

Can’t add friends

1. Can’t add friends - Similar Threads - Can’t add friends

2. people can’t add me as a friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    people can’t add me as a friend: for the past few days people haven’t been able to add me as a friend. i’ve tried resetting my xbox and deleting my profile and nothing fixes it. it sucks when i make a new friend in a game and add...
  3. Can’t add friends in Fortnite

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t add friends in Fortnite: My sons friends list disappeared in Fortnite and each time he tries to find a friend to add back in, the parental control PIN appears. When the parental pin comes up, we enter the PIN and it says...
  4. Madden 24 can’t add friends

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Madden 24 can’t add friends: There is no friends list available in play a friend at the bottom right of my screen. I pre ordered. Can I uninstall and get a new version or is there a fix? 29d267a2-6780-473f-b7f9-d25697ff94ec
  5. Why I can’t add a friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why I can’t add a friend: Why I can’t add or accept friends request on my Xbox 0c64055f-7f92-4ce5-b36d-ae21dd005d46
  6. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  7. Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?: My friend cant add me or hear me in party chat after I blocked him by accident. 82e8969b-5b8d-4054-b015-10cf595a4120
  8. Can’t add friends

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t add friends: Can’t add friends. When I do it says I added them although when I go to the profile, it gives me the option to add friend again. The only way I can add friends at the moment is if I go through...
  9. What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked: What do I do when I can’t add someone as a friend when they are not blocked 0f2bf037-da38-480e-9e02-f54e3466b167
  10. I can’t add my friend back

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t add my friend back: A month or 2 ago my friend blocked me since he was mad at me and now after he unblocked me, i can’t add him back, i tried removing my account from my xbox and restarting it and it still won’t...