Can‘t add friends in Minecraft - all settings ok

Discus and support Can‘t add friends in Minecraft - all settings ok in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I have a family account with two children in it. One of them can add and play with friends in Minecraft, the other can not. (both playing on iPad -... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Cajnoj, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Cajnoj
    Cajnoj Guest

I have a family account with two children in it. One of them can add and play with friends in Minecraft, the other can not. (both playing on iPad - "You can not play multiplayer games online due to how your Microsoft account is configured ... See instructions for changing aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp")

I have tried basically allowing everything to see if that help, logged out and back in etc. No luck. I found several posts with the same issue, but they are locked due to "another post about this issue" but without referring to the new post.

Does anyone have a solution?

:)

Cajnoj, Apr 2, 2022
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hello Cajnoj,

Thank you for reaching out to the forums. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting your child to play Minecraft online. Let's help you sort this out so your daughter can get back to gaming. Is this Java edition, or Bedrock edition?

Please go to account.microsoft.com/settings and the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10 devices Online Safety tab to make sure to change those settings to Allow, but make sure to do so under the parent (your) account. Have your child fully close out of the game on the device they're using, then try again. Maybe try a different browser, or clearing your cache/cookies.

I also suggest downloading the Xbox Family Settings App on your mobile device. From there you can see your linked child account and change different content restrictions, including a specific Enable Minecraft section which will also tell you if your child is set up to play Minecraft, Multiplayer, Realms or not. You can even track how much screen time they use, if they can add friends without permission and other content restrictions. Give that a try if the other method still does not work.

Lastly, if you are still having trouble, you can Contact Support for more help.

Additional Resources:

Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features | Xbox Support

Manage Xbox online safety and privacy settings | Xbox Support

Additional Parental Controls – Home (minecraft.net)

-Hayabusa
  3. jaghuar Win User

How can I change my child's (MS Family) permissions to allow them to add friends in Minecraft (Win10 PC version - Not Java)?

I have activated all these settings and my child’s profile still cannot add friends on minecraft. I can join his world but he cannot join my world. He shows 1 friend on the friends tab but it doesn’t show any joinable friends or my world inside the friends
    tab. I have even changed all settings to allow everything (defeats the purpose) and I still cannot add friends on his account. Please help!!!!!!
  4. glitterpillar Win User

New survival world, ANYONE CAN JOIN!!!

Add me new to minecraft and all my friends have ps4s add me
  5. BrookBurns Win User

Adding friends to kids account Minecraft on switch

I am having the same issue and when going to the settings on the family account, there is no option to change any settings allowing my son to add friends on Minecraft on his switch. I can set screen time restrictions, content restrictions, etc. But nothing
    for allowing him to add friends on applictions.
  6. FleecyCrowd8 Win User

I'm looking for friends for my 8 year old son

My daughter is looking for friends for minecraft not got any at all add thanks
Thema:

1. Can‘t add friends in Minecraft - all settings ok - Similar Threads - Can‘t add friends

2. can‘t sign In at The Xbox.com website!!!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    can‘t sign In at The Xbox.com website!!!!!: I can‘t sign In at Xbox.com and i tried for like 4h I tried different browsers clearing the cache using private mode using another network using another device i can only sign In at microsoft.com...
  3. Why can‘t I Play COD Cold War ( campaing) without a [mod removed] Game pass !

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can‘t I Play COD Cold War ( campaing) without a [mod removed] Game pass !: I can not Play COD Cold War without a Game pass why is this so? Can anybody tell me that df41799f-cf27-4741-a628-825a9ba4cda2
  4. I can‘t launch any game on mobile on cloud gaming…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can‘t launch any game on mobile on cloud gaming…: I log in on cloud gaming, but can‘t, for example, launch fortnite 57eca16a-bcdf-4c3c-bd46-d7afe92b76d4
  5. Can‘t connect Monitor with my Xbox Series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Can‘t connect Monitor with my Xbox Series s: I have a Lenovo 120hz Monitor and a Xbox Series s. The Monitor and the console are both connected with my HDMI high speed cable but when I turn my console on the Monitor just says ”input not...
  6. Why can‘t I download all of the maps on call of duty black ops 2 even though I have the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can‘t I download all of the maps on call of duty black ops 2 even though I have the...: I downloaded and bought call of duty black ops 2 on my Xbox S. I bought the season pass with it as well. It says I have access and am able to download all the maps onto my console. I’ve only been...
  7. Can‘t copy/paste with XBOX app since last app update (on ios)

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can‘t copy/paste with XBOX app since last app update (on ios): I can‘t paste a text in the xbox app anymore, i have the latest update from this app on ios. I need this feature to fast insert systemnames in elite dangerous, but the app don‘t let me insert...
  8. I can‘t quit the minecraft beta

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can‘t quit the minecraft beta: I can‘t play the normal Minecraft anymore. I recently bought me the minecraft game and it says beta. I unenrolled it deleted it and hard reset the console but it still doesn‘t work. Can somebody...
  9. Minecraft PS4: I can‘t join crossplatform worlds without invite and Auto-login to Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft PS4: I can‘t join crossplatform worlds without invite and Auto-login to Microsoft...: Since the new patch on PS4 v1.16.20 I‘m getting issues I‘ve never had before. 1. I can‘t join my friends worlds anymore even though its on „friends of friends“. I don‘t see it on the list of...
  10. I can‘t buy the Skate 3 Add On Skate Share Pack

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can‘t buy the Skate 3 Add On Skate Share Pack: Hey Guys, At the moment I‘m trying to unlock the Skate Share Pack in the store which is a add on for the Game Skate 3. I tryed it a few times now but there is everytime the same pop-up which...