Can't add email address

Discus and support Can't add email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi I have an email address I only use for my xbox. I have another email address I use for everything else. If I try and add the second email to my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Defin Prankster, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Can't add email address

Hi

I have an email address I only use for my xbox. I have another email address I use for everything else.

If I try and add the second email to my xbox account I get "This email address is already taken. Please try another one."

How do I resolve this?

:)

Defin Prankster, Feb 2, 2022
  2. Defin Prankster Win User

Can't add email address

There is no gamertag associated with the account I am trying to add.
  3. Jesse E' Win User

Can't add email address

Unfortunately the system believes that the email is taken already and it can't be added.
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Can't add email address

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Using the second email sign in at Xbox.com

If you see a gamertag attached to the email, then you can't use it. You'll need to create a different account.
  5. WattyNuela Win User

Lost access to mail address alias for Microsoft account - how to transfer to new?

If the email address you're using for both accounts are from a non Microsoft domain. You're correct, that's possible

But you can review that's stated in the article notes:

"You can't add an email address that's associated with a work or school account as an alias.

Existing Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, and MSN addresses can't be added as aliases, and you can't add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account."
  6. Sodangidni Win User

Trying to change email address on Minecraft account

Hello, Megan M. I’m Arturo, and I’ll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I would like to ask, is your daughter’s Minecraft account under your Microsoft account/email address, or she has an account for her?

In addition to that, in order to change the email address associated with a Microsoft account, you need to follow these steps:

Go to Add an alias (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?linkid=864833). Sign in to your Microsoft account, if prompted.

Under Add an alias, do one of the following:

Create a new Outlook.com email address and add it as an alias.

Add an existing email address as an alias.

Select Add alias.

Notes:

You can't add an email address that's associated with a work or school account as an alias.

An alias or email address can only contain letters, numbers, dot (.), underscore (_) or dash/hyphen (-). Spaces and other special characters aren't allowed.

Existing Hotmail, Live, Outlook.com, and MSN addresses can't be added as aliases, and you can't add an alias that is already associated with another Microsoft account.

It isn't possible to create a new alias using @hotmail, @live.com, or @msn.com. If a Hotmail address is important to you, you need to sign out and create a new account.

Reference link:

https://support.microsoft.com/offic...look-com-459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2

Regards,

Arturo.
Thema:

Can't add email address

1. Can't add email address - Similar Threads - Can't add email

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  4. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  5. I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...: I can't add a friend back because it glitched out and blocked them bdef197a-fe0e-4c56-a93c-b5498ee47524
  6. Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email: So I'm trying to add an alias email but when I go into that section a screen pops up asking me to verify the original email associated with my account. That original email has been deleted long...
  7. I can't add my new email as an alias

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't add my new email as an alias: I got a new computer and set it up with a different email address than what was attached to my gamertag. I am trying to add my new email address as an alias to my existing gamertag but it wont let...
  8. Why can't I add existing email to aliases

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I add existing email to aliases: When I go to add a new email to change my microsoft alias it keeps telling me the email I entered is invalid, why won't it just let me add it? e47cdd35-6431-42af-ac6d-53ba147c4842
  9. Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists: Good afternoon. I've had an "@Live" email address as my Xbox Account from the Xbox 360 days. A couple years ago, I changed my personal email provider (Orange) and created a Microsoft...
  10. Can't add my xbox email to outlook

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add my xbox email to outlook: I know this probably isn't the right forum for this question but I've been trying to add my @xboxlivefamily email to outlook to send and recieve but no matter what I do it always gives me an error...