Can't add credit for a family member: Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word

Discus and support Can't add credit for a family member: Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Tried everything including a gift card to solve the problem. Read notes from various forums. Anyone with any ideas of how I can convince Microsoft to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David Giles2, Jan 27, 2023.

1. David Giles2
    David Giles2 Guest

Can't add credit for a family member: Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word

Tried everything including a gift card to solve the problem. Read notes from various forums.

Anyone with any ideas of how I can convince Microsoft to take my money, or do they have enough this month? ;-)

***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Account and profile/Other***

:)

David Giles2, Jan 27, 2023
  2. David Giles2 Win User

3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello David Giles2,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to add credit to your family member and is unable to. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

May we confirm if this is part of the error message - Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word?

May we ask if your account is the family organizer?

If yes, may we ask if you use the website (https://family.microsoft.com/) in adding money to your family member?

NOTE: Microsoft account balance and gift cards are non-transferable and non-refundable. For more information, see our Microsoft gift cards terms and conditions.

Support article: Add money to your family member's Microsoft account

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. ReymarkCrisostomo Win User

This works for me, just go to Microsoft Store app and follow the steps below:

Click on the "Microsoft Store"

"Log in" to your Microsoft Store Account

Click on "My Library"

On the left hand column, select "Included with device"
    Click redeem and follow the steps that prompts with billing.
  5. Kathy A. Win User

Thanks for providing for the screenshot, David Giles2.

I could not really imagine how important it is for you to be able to rectify this issue at the soonest time possible. However, we have realized that this issue of yours would be dealt better by our live support team so that they can properly check what’s going on with your account. Kindly follow the steps below to contact our live support team:

1. Kindly follow this link: Contact Support.

2. Enter your query on searchbar and select Get Help.

3. After few moments, you will be provided with support articles related to your concern. Select Contact Support.

4. Enter appropriate Products and Services & Category then select Confirm.

5. Lastly, choose your support option.

Have a great day! If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Regards,

6. User 92018 Win User

I cant redeem my code for xbox

When I enter my code it is recognised by xbox and then proceeds to ask for a billing address so i type is the address and press next

it then comes up with a message saying this:

Check your sender name
    It contains a prohibited word.

Check your sender nameIt contains a prohibited word.

JFD-InvalidProperty

tswpw/3mMUmkVrSg.1.6.12

2018/07/13 - 18:03:51 UTC

Please Help
    I see this error when there is no name on your Microsoft Account Profile. Please add name here: https://account.microsoft.com/profile/
Thema:

1. Can't add credit for a family member: Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word - Similar Threads - Can't add credit

2. Can't add credit for a family member: Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add credit for a family member: Check your sender name It contains a prohibited word: Tried everything including a gift card to solve the problem. Read notes from various forums. Anyone with any ideas of how I can convince Microsoft to take my money, or do they have enough this...
  3. Can't add credit card to my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add credit card to my account: I tried purchasing some Call of Duty coins last night on my Xbox account, and my purchase kept being declined. I tried again on the MS Store app on my PC and it was declined. I was trying to use...
  4. Why can't I add Canadian Credit Card info to my Xbox account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I add Canadian Credit Card info to my Xbox account?: My account says I'm in Canada under "Region" but I can't use my Credit Card for anything. Every time I try, it locks the region as United States and greys it out so I can't click on it to change...
  5. i can't add my credit card into the account because afterwards i keep getting the message your ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i can't add my credit card into the account because afterwards i keep getting the message your ...: i currently can't add a credit card on my xbox and after evrytime i press save it brings me back to the card holder name screen and said the name you say on here does not match with the name given...
  6. Não tô conseguindo adicionar meu cartão de crédito [Translation - I can't add my credit ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não tô conseguindo adicionar meu cartão de crédito [Translation - I can't add my credit ...: Nao to conseguindo adicionar meu cartão de crédito no meu xbox one ---- [Mod Translation -I can't add my credit card to my Xbox One] c957948f-7d10-47ee-bad4-491e193886e7
  7. I can't add my credit card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't add my credit card: I can't add my credit card and will prompt "Check the info you entered. It doesn't match the info for this card." But I can try to add it with another account. I also tried to change other...
  8. Can't add my credit card as a payment option...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't add my credit card as a payment option...: For some reason, I can't get my card added since the update that did a major change to things for xbox one. After going through the basics of adding it, it go back and shows "Get started! Add a...
  9. Can't add credit card due to stuck in US region

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add credit card due to stuck in US region: Hi, I want to change my gamertag but am forced to add a credit card to pay for this (even though I have paypal connected to my Microsoft account), and as I live in Europe I can't add the credit...
  10. Can't Add Credit Card Payment Method on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Add Credit Card Payment Method on XB1: I have been trying to add a payment method, well actually update it to no avail. I enter all credit card info and then it asks me to save, once I click save, it does not save. It still does not...