Can't Add Console to Xbox App; Gets Stuck On "Enable" Screen

Discus and support Can't Add Console to Xbox App; Gets Stuck On "Enable" Screen in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my console to my Xbox app on my phone and my PC. Every time I select "Add an Existing Console", it then says to select "Enable"... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BiggestMac55, Sep 28, 2022.

1. BiggestMac55
    BiggestMac55 Guest

I'm trying to connect my console to my Xbox app on my phone and my PC. Every time I select "Add an Existing Console", it then says to select "Enable" on the display for my Xbox. Not always, but sometimes the prompt does come up and I select "Enable", and go through the steps for setting up Remote Play. However, even after finishing all that, both the Xbox mobile app and PC app never get passed that "Select Enable" part; it seems to be stuck on that step. I really would appreciate any information as I want to connect my console to my Xbox apps in order to use Discord chat on my Xbox.

For reference, I have an Xbox Series X, my phone is a Galaxy S21, and my PC is a Windows PC.

Thanks!

:)

BiggestMac55, Sep 28, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Sure thing
    Let me know how it goes at the end
  3. BiggestMac55 Win User

Short answer: yes it is.

Long answer: I have a bridge network thing going on, so I have two routers (one belongs to my roommate). The modem is wired into the first router, then an ethernet cable connects a Lan port on that router to my ethernet switch. The switch then connects to my router, PC, and Xbox. So my router, my roommates router, and everything else are all on the same network.
  4. BiggestMac55 Win User

I will try this as soon as I can get to it. I'll keep you posted!
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Please try the opposite.
    Just in case your current network config is interfering

For this purpose you can try sharing mobile data via wifi hotspot feature and connect the PC and Console in that way
  6. BiggestMac55 Win User

Hey Josef.

This happens on both PC and Mobile phone.

I've tried using the same WiFi as my Xbox on my phone and my PC, and I've even tried using Mobile data on my phone. No dice. My Xbox is usually hooked up via Ethernet anyway, and even then it still doesn't work.

As for my current hookup on my Xbox, it is wired with an Open NAT type. My PC uses the same Ethernet connection (I use an Ethernet switch), so it also says my NAT type is open.
Thema:

1. Can't Add Console to Xbox App; Gets Stuck On "Enable" Screen - Similar Threads - Can't Add Console

2. How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to add friend keeps saying sorry can't save changes: It's been saying this for 2 hours first we were playing then he left my party all of a sudden. When I tried to add him it said sorry can't save changes. His username is potato lata...
  3. Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem points because I can't add a phone number: First of all, I'm being sent around in circles on this topic now. I've contacted both Microsoft and Xbox support with both telling me to contact the other as they will know the best way to deal...
  4. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and...
  5. I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back even though they said they didn't block me, its glitched out, my...: I can't add a friend back because it glitched out and blocked them bdef197a-fe0e-4c56-a93c-b5498ee47524
  6. I can't add a friend back to my friends list.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't add a friend back to my friends list.: A friend that I play with on a regular is no longer in my friends list. I can message him, so I know I'm not blocked, but when I try and add him back as a friend all I get is a message saying......
  7. I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't access ForzaHorizon 5 Premium add-on contents in Xbox Game Pass Ultimate: Yesterday I bought the xbox game pass ultimate and it promised that I would get access to the forza premium add-on, but I didn't get it. 3a6f7836-cda1-4287-a13b-343d3e5247c8
  8. Can't add a phone number on my profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add a phone number on my profile: I just want to add a phone number to redeem my points but Microsoft won't let me do it. please help. I get a error message after i entered my password f0828bc5-228b-40d3-88a6-1dfaed669f9d
  9. Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to add alias email, but I can't verify the old email: So I'm trying to add an alias email but when I go into that section a screen pops up asking me to verify the original email associated with my account. That original email has been deleted long...
  10. Hie I just bought a new console and I can't add it each time it says I must put a code from...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hie I just bought a new console and I can't add it each time it says I must put a code from...: I'm struggling to add another console on x box each time it ask me to put digits that appears on the TV but there is no digits on the tv aebf2375-e944-4bc9-9e77-aac03b177195