Can't access purchased Destiny 2 content on Series X

Discus and support Can't access purchased Destiny 2 content on Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] I pre-orderd Destiny 2 before it released, and have purchased every expansion up to Beyond light. When playing the game, it tells me I don't own... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Hairy Mouse, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Hairy Mouse
    Hairy Mouse Guest

Can't access purchased Destiny 2 content on Series X [​IMG]
    I pre-orderd Destiny 2 before it released, and have purchased every expansion up to Beyond light. When playing the game, it tells me I don't own beyond light (even though I do, and have it as well as the beyond light pre-order bonuses installed). It also tells me in the store page that I don't own the Shadowkeep expansion, however in the game it still recognizes I own this, and I still have access to it, even though the Xbox store says I don't.

When it comes to beyond light expansion not being accessable and the store not saying I own it, it is installed on my SSD and so it the beyond light pre-order pack. In the game I still have access to all the extra content from the pre-order pack, just not the base expansion.

It's confusing because they keep changing the way expansions are packaged and bundled, so the current listings on the store aren't even the same ones that I purchased when they were first released.

So, to summarize, the Xbox store is telling me I don't own Shadowkeep and Beyond Light expansions for Destiny 2. Both packages are installed, as well as extras from the packages I bought. I can still access Shadowkeep expansion in game, and I can still access all the bonus content from both expansions. I just can't access Beyond Light base expansion.

Doing some research, I found quite a few posts from people having the EXACT same issues, or deleting their game, and when going reinstall, it tells them they have to repurchase the content they bought. Here's a post from the official Bungie forum with multiple people experiencing the same issue https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/260170923

Oh, and save the comment if you're going to just say, "hard reset" or "clear the cache" or "delete and recover gamertag". I see those "official" comments on these posts all the time, and those tips have never actually solved a single issue in the history of forever. I need ACTUAL help with my account and licensing, and the support page is down, and you can no longer call the support number. Make a forum post was literally the only contact link that worked on your support page.

:)

Hairy Mouse, Nov 4, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello,

We hope you are doing well. Thank you for posting in Xbox Forums.

Based on your description, you have been trying to access the expansions you bought for Destiny 2. We understand that you want the packages and expansions to be installed in Xbox Series X. It really is important for us to get this worked on so you can get back to gaming. However, we found out that Destiny 2 on Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC – Bungie Help, where Destiny 2 and its expansions (Forsaken, Shadowkeep, and Beyond Light) is mentioned. This is an official support page of the game and for best consultation on how to use your expansions, we believe they can fully answer it.

Since you’ve reached us first, we’ll ensure that your time is worth it by guiding you to the right direction where you can achieve your desired resolution. We would like to provide you this link where you can submit your concern to Destiny Contact Forms – Bungie Help.

We are positive that you’ll get more relevant information to your concern.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

I bought a game from the store and I can't download it on my xbox

Did you tried to access Destiny 2: Shadowkeep directly in the Store in the console. See if shows the option to install. The other option is to access Destiny 2 game and see if you can access the Shadowkeep content.
  4. NickD54 Win User

Controller Disconnection

Same thing has been happening to me recently on series x with destiny 2
  5. Georges C. Win User

Gta v enhanced ownload

Hello again, you have GTA 5 for Xbox One, because to access this content it needs you to have purchased the game and installed it in your console.

"Requires access to Grand Theft Auto Online for Xbox Series X|S. Get 50% off GTAV: Story Mode for Xbox Series X|S until June 14, 2022."
  6. steeledwand7664 Win User

Home Xbox and game sharing expansions Destiny 2

Here is the possible issue with your situation directly from Bungie (the publisher of the game)

Sharing Destiny Content with Multiple Accounts

Some platforms may allow players who own Destiny content licenses to share game content with other accounts on the system.

For information on how to access game sharing features, please see PlayStation Support or Xbox Support.

Players accessing Destiny content through the game sharing feature may not be able to access all DLC, add-ons, promotional items, or pre-order items for which the primary account owns the licenses.

Bungie does not support any issues with loss of access to items on accounts that are using the game sharing features to access Destiny content.

This was taken directly from the following website.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/12458

So in short there are certain Destiny 2 DLC that is not sharable.
Thema:

1. Can't access purchased Destiny 2 content on Series X - Similar Threads - Can't access purchased

2. I can't access my Xbox Accessories app

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't access my Xbox Accessories app: My D-pad on my controller won't work with my PC, I tried to use the Xbox Accessories app to update it and to change the controls back to normal, but every time I load up the app it's only active...
  3. Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why i can't Access my Blooket Account?: Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing some difficulties with my Blooket account login and would greatly appreciate your assistance. Thank you in advance for your...
  4. I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I added $25 to my child's account yesterday, but he can't access it. Nor can I. WHAT IS...: I can see the money in his account balance, but he can't make any purchases unless I add MORE money. I can't click on Spending to see what's happening because the site crashes (see this post from...
  5. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  6. Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access dlc after purchase on guilty gear strive daredevil edition: I bought guilty gear strive daredevil edition (digital purchase, Xbox Series X). I purchased after playing it on gamepass and wanted to play DLC that were unavailable to me since gamepass is base...
  7. I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't...: I have a Xbox 360 and cannot access my Purchase History on the Console. I get a Can't connect to website constantly. How can I get this issue resolved. This has been going on for a while now...
  8. I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access the DLC I purchased on my Xbox 360 Edition of Minecraft.: I purchased the Builder's Pack from the Bundle Packs in the DLC store on Xbox 360. The purchase went through and I got an email with a digital receipt and everything but when I launch Minecraft...
  9. Using a 360 console, I can't access the game I just purchased on Microsoft mobile account, help

in XBoX on Windows
    Using a 360 console, I can't access the game I just purchased on Microsoft mobile account, help: Having a problem finding the game on the console, purchased via Microsoft.com account 6151ac34-598e-419f-8bbc-7aac5060e817
  10. A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account

in XBoX Accessibility
    A child account can't access games purchased by the parent account: I have xbox x and I purchased Rayman. When my kid switch to his account (which is child account) and tries to play Rayman, he gets an error message and asked to switch to the account that...