Can't access Minecraft online multiplayer on Xbox One

Discus and support Can't access Minecraft online multiplayer on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am adult, with an adult account. I can not add friends or play with friends online on minecraft. I have logged into xbox privacy settings and set... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Erica Van Voorhis, Dec 28, 2022.

1. Can't access Minecraft online multiplayer on Xbox One

I am adult, with an adult account. I can not add friends or play with friends online on minecraft. I have logged into xbox privacy settings and set EVERYTHING to Allow. I followed every step on the ak.ms/mcmultiplayerhelp website. I've done all the steps and still don't have access. I even reached out to minecraft tech support who simply said to "wait 24 hours" which I have and it still doesn't work. I also logged into the xbox privacy settings for my children and set the settings to all to allow, they can't access it either. It has been 2 days of research and I consider myself pretty decently tech savvy and nothing has worked. Can anyone help us? We just want to play minecraft together.

:)

Erica Van Voorhis, Dec 28, 2022
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hi Erica Van Voorhis,

Welcome to the Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well. I can see that you are having difficulties playing multiplayer with Minecraft. Let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

We will first do our research so we can give you concrete answers about what is causing the problem.

However, we’d like to know more about it in details so that we can provide a more accurate resolution for you. To start, please provide us information/answer on the following questions:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Was this working before?
    • Recent activity or changes made before the issue appeared?
    • Can you share with us the error message you are getting?

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features

Manage a member’s safety settings to access Minecraft features | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer
    How to Play Minecraft Multiplayer – Home

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps once we have received your answers to the above questions.
  3. Erica Van Voorhis Win User

This was the error message....

[​IMG]

Which I have to say was what caused me days of trying to figure it out. It lead me to believe that I had account settings that needed to be changed. I followed the link and followed all of the instructions and it did not work.

I ended up figuring out that the reason it wasn't working was an Xbox Live Gold subscription is needed to play on servers in Minecraft. Nothing mentioned this, I just happened to figure it out on my own.

I subscribed to Gold and it is working now.

Hopefully this thread helps someone else out wondering why they've followed all the instructions and still couldn't get the servers to work. I am surprised there was nothing that indicated you needed the Gold subscription for multiplayer Minecraft that I came upon in my days of trying to figure it out.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Erica Van Voorhis,

We are grateful that you were able to figure this out. We also appreciate you sharing the method you used to get this problem resolved. This will indeed be very helpful for the rest of the community members who may experience the same issue.

Please do not hesitate to ask the community anytime, just in case you have any questions in the future.

Thank you.
  5. NStorey Win User

Can't access Minecraft online multiplayer

I've checked and for both of my xbox accounts, all of the options are set to allow, but for some reason, I still can't use multiplayer. I've quadruple checked all my settings, and my internet is perfectly fine.
  6. Rostom L Win User

Can't access multiplayer online for Minecraft?

Hi ShaydeD!

Sorry to hear about the issue. Let's do our best to get this sorted out.

May I know from which device/platform do you play Minecraft? What exactly is the error message you're getting there?

Please make sure to update and allow all your account privacy options from this link https://account.xbox.com/Settings using your own account. Don't forget to save your changes by clicking the save button below the page.
Thema:

1. Can't access Minecraft online multiplayer on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Can't access Minecraft

2. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  3. can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account: i haven't played minecraft for a while so the launcher asked me to log in using microsoft account but after i did that the launcher just created a new account. the account with purchased minecraft...
  4. I can't access my minecraft account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my minecraft account please help: I migrated my minecraft account for pc but it now tells me I have to buy it again b81adca0-ce6a-4b08-bc3a-e45d53695181
  5. Can't access minecraft, which i bought 4years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access minecraft, which i bought 4years ago: 2019, I bought minecraft java editon on my mojang account. Played for 1year and quit. 4years later, decided to play again, only to find out all mojang accounts are now microsoft accounts & the...
  6. Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC: Necessary background info: I bought Minecraft years ago and had to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. that same Microsoft account is linked to my Xbox account. I do not own...
  7. Can't access my Minecraft username

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access my Minecraft username: So I have not played Minecraft for a few years, somehow I even managed to avoid all the new about this account merger thing. I recently tried playing again and ran into this current situation. I...
  8. Can't access full Minecraft java edition while having windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access full Minecraft java edition while having windows 10 edition: [img] Hello im currently having trouble redeeming minecraft java edition, i currently have windows 10 edition in my account but it doesn't allow me to access java edition, i've tried to download...
  9. I just bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Bundle and can't access Java edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Bundle and can't access Java edition: I cannot find a solution online anywhere, and yes I'm signed into the account that bought it and already tried restarting and everything else under the sun that was applicable. I bought it through...
  10. Can't access to minecraft after migration date.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access to minecraft after migration date.: About a year ago I purchased a game from the Microsoft Store. I tried playing minecraft today but it said I couldn't. I tried logging in to Minecraft.net but it said I didn't migrate my account so...