Can't access Minecraft Java Edition. Microsoft Account not the same as Xbox Account.

Discus and support Can't access Minecraft Java Edition. Microsoft Account not the same as Xbox Account. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Please follow these steps: 1- Sign out of both the Xbox App and the Microsoft store, 2- Sign back in with the same account on both platforms, 3-... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lucas Tucker, Apr 25, 2023.

1. Lucas Tucker
    Lucas Tucker Guest

Can't access Minecraft Java Edition. Microsoft Account not the same as Xbox Account.

Please follow these steps:

1- Sign out of both the Xbox App and the Microsoft store,

2- Sign back in with the same account on both platforms,

3- Open Minecraft Launcher,

4- Sign in with Xbox/Microsoft (Not the Mojang option),

5- In the Minecraft Launcher (Top left) you will see your profile picture (click it),

6- Click the 'Manage Minecraft: Java Edition Profile', which will then lead you to the Mojang website,

7- On the Mojang website, login via Xbox/Microsoft with the same account (That has access to Minecraft),

8- From the Mojang website, click 'My Games' and amongst the many options there is one that reads 'Minecraft Java Edition'. Click Profile Name and set one.

9- Now go back to the Minecraft Launcher (Maybe restart it for good measure) and Mojang should now set a username for you instead of having to do it manually through the Launcher. This may not stop the message you get every time you open it up but it will launch the game.

10- Start up Java Edition.

Please tell me if this helps for anyone else.

A more simple answer would be:

Just go to Mojang, sign in with the minecraft microsoft/xbox account, set a profile name for your java edition and this should work.

:)

Lucas Tucker, Apr 25, 2023
  2. reforc3 Win User

Minecraft question

Hi,

Minecraft Java Edition can be purchased from thier store page using your Microsoft Account:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/minecraft-java-edition

And then being accessed with the (free) Minecraft Launcher on the Microsoft Store.

Both Windows and Java Editions are included with Xbox Game Pass for PC/Ultimate subscription.
  3. BahadourAf. Win User

No access to Minecraft: Java Edition after migrating account to Microsoft

No access to Minecraft: Java Edition after migrating account to Microsoft

I tried everything nothing works
  4. Marrion_Y Win User

How to get Minecraft Java with Bedrock Edition

Hi Cavan Johnsen,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you are trying to get Minecraft Java with Bedrock Edition, and you have Minecraft Bedrock for PC, but you are unable to access the Java tab. I'll be happy to assist you with this.

Firstly, it's important to note that Minecraft Java and Minecraft Bedrock are two separate versions of the game. Minecraft Java is the original version of the game, while Minecraft Bedrock is the cross-platform version of the game that is available on multiple devices.

To get Minecraft Java with Bedrock Edition, you will need to purchase Minecraft Java separately. You can purchase Minecraft Java from the official Minecraft website. Once you have purchased Minecraft Java, you will be able to access the Bedrock Edition by logging into your Microsoft account and downloading the game from the Microsoft Store. However, if you have purchased Minecraft Bedrock Edition before June 6th, 2022, you are eligible to redeem a free copy of Minecraft Java Edition from the official website. Here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC Standard Edition and log in with your Microsoft account.

2. Click on "Redeem a copy" and follow the instructions to claim your code.

3. Download the Minecraft Launcher for Windows from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download and install it on your PC.

4. Sign into the Launcher using your Microsoft account, and you will be able to run Java Edition.

If you are unable to access the Java tab on the Minecraft launcher, it could be due to a few reasons. One possible reason is that you may not have purchased Minecraft Java yet. Another possible reason is that you may not have logged into your Minecraft account on the launcher.

To log into your Minecraft account on the launcher, follow these steps:

1. Open the Minecraft launcher.

2. Click on the "Settings" button.

3. Click on the "Accounts" tab.

4. Enter your Minecraft account email and password.

5. Click on the "Save" button.

Once you have logged into your Minecraft account on the launcher, you should be able to access the Java tab and purchase Minecraft Java.

I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  5. victor ‎‎ Win User

I'm being asked to buy Minecraft: Java and Bedrock edition although I have already owned Bedrock for years and I have Java on my laptop.

The Xbox edition of Minecraft in the screenshot is still the Bedrock edition, is it not? I should have access to Java through owning the Bedrock edition, and I don't understand why I wouldn't be able to play it if I played Java in the past with my Microsoft account without having to buy Java.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Help with logging into Minecraft java account that goes to minecraft bedrock account when logged in with the same email

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble logging into your Minecraft Java account. It sounds like there may be some confusion with your email address and account information.

For us to be on the same page, may we know when did you migrated your Minecraft account to Microsoft account?

We would like to show you a timeline of the migration process so you will be aware of what could have happened to your Minecraft Java:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Can't access Minecraft Java Edition. Microsoft Account not the same as Xbox Account. - Similar Threads - Can't access Minecraft

2. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  3. can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't access my Minecraft account because of Microsoft account: i haven't played minecraft for a while so the launcher asked me to log in using microsoft account but after i did that the launcher just created a new account. the account with purchased minecraft...
  4. I can't access my minecraft account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't access my minecraft account please help: I migrated my minecraft account for pc but it now tells me I have to buy it again b81adca0-ce6a-4b08-bc3a-e45d53695181
  5. Can't access minecraft, which i bought 4years ago

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access minecraft, which i bought 4years ago: 2019, I bought minecraft java editon on my mojang account. Played for 1year and quit. 4years later, decided to play again, only to find out all mojang accounts are now microsoft accounts & the...
  6. Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access my Minecraft account on new PC: Necessary background info: I bought Minecraft years ago and had to migrate my Mojang account to a Microsoft account. that same Microsoft account is linked to my Xbox account. I do not own...
  7. Can't access my Minecraft username

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access my Minecraft username: So I have not played Minecraft for a few years, somehow I even managed to avoid all the new about this account merger thing. I recently tried playing again and ran into this current situation. I...
  8. Can't access full Minecraft java edition while having windows 10 edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't access full Minecraft java edition while having windows 10 edition: [img] Hello im currently having trouble redeeming minecraft java edition, i currently have windows 10 edition in my account but it doesn't allow me to access java edition, i've tried to download...
  9. I just bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Bundle and can't access Java edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought the Minecraft Java and Bedrock Bundle and can't access Java edition: I cannot find a solution online anywhere, and yes I'm signed into the account that bought it and already tried restarting and everything else under the sun that was applicable. I bought it through...
  10. Can't access to minecraft after migration date.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't access to minecraft after migration date.: About a year ago I purchased a game from the Microsoft Store. I tried playing minecraft today but it said I couldn't. I tried logging in to Minecraft.net but it said I didn't migrate my account so...