Can’t access child’s account but subscription running on child’s account

Discus and support Can’t access child’s account but subscription running on child’s account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Massive problem, which I feel the only way to resolve is to close my PayPal account. My Son has an Xbox and the subscription, runs on his account so... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Melza39, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Melza39
    Melza39 Guest

Massive problem, which I feel the only way to resolve is to close my PayPal account.

My Son has an Xbox and the subscription, runs on his account so I can use the parental controls to stop him having unrestricted access.

Recently, Xbox started asking him for password not the code we usually punch in when logging in to Xbox.

We can’t remember password and the code is sent to our landline, which we don’t get.

I go onto my outlook account, and I can’t see the pre-approved payment on my account but I can’t cancel the subscription to Xbox live without logging into my child’s account. £6.99 per month.

I go onto PayPal, and I can’t cancel the pre-authorised payment, so I’ve requested a problem with my payment with PayPal. If they come back and say it’s pre approved - I will have to take it up with PayPal - there is no telephone number for Microsoft and they are charging for a service I can’t access because I can’t reset the password on my child’s account. Very angry and frustrated. Only way out of this is to close my PayPal account, might even phone up PayPal to tell them. Microsoft is frustrating, it’s annoying that my Son can’t access his games and the money spent so far on the subscribed service, this is very short sighted of Microsoft.

:)

Melza39, Nov 6, 2021
  2. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Hi Melza39,

Sorry to hear about your frustration. To try and recover your password, you can try following these steps. Reset or recover your lost Microsoft account password | Xbox Support

As for the subscription issue, You need to reach out to the support as they're the ones that would be able to help!

If you come across any issues requesting a call back or live chat on the Xbox support website, I recommend visiting Microsoft Virtual Agent

Then just type in “agent” and select the issue.

Select either of the option “Call me back” or “chat”

If you are still unable to get hold of a live agent, try this link : Contact us - Microsoft Support

Please let me know if your issue is resolved.
  3. KatieNovotny1 Win User

Xbox live on a Child Account

Thank you for this. I have made xbox B the home xbox and still the subscription is not there for xbox Live. Is this because it is a childs account? I do have the child under my account in a family account and want him to have access to this. How can I do that?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Free demo can't be downloaded due to "You have no valid payment options on file"

As stated before you do not have charges unless you buy a subscription and if child access is an a issue time to take a lesson on parental responsibility and create an parental controled child account for them
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

EA Access for child on Xbox

The thing is this there are certain features that are blocked by EA for child accounts.

Here is an EA support article explaining this.

EA access for child accounts
  6. Mister Getafix Win User

Sblocco account

Hi there!

To change the settings for a child account all you need is for the Adult in the family account to sign in and use the

Child privacy and online settings tools.

Let us know if you run into any issues accessing the link!
Thema:

1. Can’t access child’s account but subscription running on child’s account - Similar Threads - Can’t access child’s

2. Can’t access LFG features

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can’t access LFG features: This issue started about 2 years ago, I have no idea why or how to trouble shoot it, but out of nowhere, I have been unable to used ALL features regarding “Looking For Group” I have everything in...
  3. PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    PLEASE HELP! Can’t access any type of mic chat. Whether it’s in game or party chat, I get a...: Hello all. I’m low-key having a breakdown due to this issue and I can’t seem to find support or a solution. Console: XBox series X NAT Type: Open Headsets: Razor wireless headset and random...
  4. I can’t access my old Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t access my old Xbox account: A few years ago I used to play Xbox but I don’t have an Xbox anymore & I don’t remember anything but my username. I need to sign in so I can cancel my Fortnite crew subscription. What do I do?...
  5. Why can’t I access grand theft auto?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access grand theft auto?: I’ve been playing GTA for a while and today I randomly couldn’t access it. It’s telling me to insert a disc in order to play grand theft auto. However, it was included in my game pass so I’ve...
  6. Can’t access Minecraft Marketplace on NS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t access Minecraft Marketplace on NS: I was wondering if anyone could offer some assistance? All of a sudden my son cannot access the Minecraft Marketplace on the Nintendo Switch. If he logs into Minecraft on my Xbox he can access...
  7. Can’t access Xbox cloud gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t access Xbox cloud gaming: When I’m trying to access the site even with vpn and on multiple devices I see this message: An error occurred while processing your request. Reference #102.64f01202.1704376092.1654ac67 [img]...
  8. Why can’t I access game pass games when I own the PC game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access game pass games when I own the PC game pass?: I got the PC game pass for 3 months and I cannot access any of the games that should come with game pass. Microsoft is telling me to buy the game pass despite me owning it, I even checked in the...
  9. *URGENT* I can’t access my account under any conditions

in XBoX Accessibility
    *URGENT* I can’t access my account under any conditions: I’ve had my Xbox for a couple years now, and I restarted my console because I was having issues with updating a game. Well whenever I tried to log back in, I couldn’t remember my password. So I...
  10. My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My child can’t access money on Microsoft account to buy vbucks?: Hi can anyone help? In family safety app we’ve added money to our child’s account - it’s there in his wallet yet when he logs into Fortnite on xbox it keeps telling him to ask a parent I get the...