Can't accept friend request or add friend on children's account

Discus and support Can't accept friend request or add friend on children's account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before i start, my name is Aslan and my son just bought a windows phone 4 months ago (it's Lumia 520). He signed in for the first time in his WP with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ClerklyDruid27, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Can't accept friend request or add friend on children's account

Before i start, my name is Aslan and my son just bought a windows phone 4 months ago (it's Lumia 520).

He signed in for the first time in his WP with his Outlook email (which is uses his own birth date, 09-11-1996). He registered in Xbox.com with his Outlook account, therefore his Xbox account is a children account. So i created my Outlook and Xbox
    account to be my son's Parent Account.

So here is the problem.

For 4 months, he had been playing Xbox game on his WP. But he can't accept his friend request, and also he can't add his friend.

When my son tried to accept his friend's request, his WP always says: "Unfortunately, you can't respond to friend requests from a child account on your phone. You'll need to do this on your Xbox console, or on Xbox.com"

Then my son tried to accept his friend's request on Xbox.com via web browser on PC. But Xbox.com always says:"Your request could not be completed at this time."

Then he told me about his problem in adding or accepting friend request.

I've tried to open my Xbox account and change my son's Privacy Settings, but the change i made
    back again like before i change.

My son's birth date is 09-11-1996 which is 17 years old right now, and in my country it is an adult age (My country is Indonesia).

But my son still can't add or accept and friend request.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Regards, Aslan.

:)

ClerklyDruid27, Jan 12, 2014
  2. critter1120
    critter1120 Guest
    Cant add friends

cant add or accept friends requests

critter1120, Jan 12, 2014
  3. Can't send or accept friend requests.

Hi there KraziKiwi.

On your Xbox One console, let's have you try visiting Settings>System>Storage>Clear local Xbox 360 storage. Start up a backward compatible game and then re-download your Xbox 360 profile.

Please let us know if that helps out or if you have any other questions Can't accept friend request or add friend on children's account :)

Mister Cazador, Jan 12, 2014
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Log on with HIS account at Xbox.com, then go to My Account, then 'Security, Family & Forums' and navigate to Xbox 360 settings, and change the relevant privacy settings and press Save. You should be asked to log in with the parental account to verify the
    changes. Then he should be able to respond to the friend request.

Let us know how you get on.

maxen, Jan 13, 2014
  5. My son said he logged on and went to My Account, then Security Family and Forums, and Xbox 360 settings, but Xbox won't let him to change the settings. Xbox said like this:"You want to change your privacy and online safety settings, but you’re unable to
    make the changes."

Then i tried to log on with my account (Parental Account). Then i went to My Account, Security Family and Forums, Xbox 360 Settings for my son's account, and i have changed his Xbox 360 settings, then i clicked on "Save" button. But when i check his Xbox
    360 Settings, the settings i made was gone, and the settings turned back just like before i change. I tried 5 times but it still the same. And my son still can't accept any friend request.

ClerklyDruid27, Jan 14, 2014
  6. dejan1
    dejan1 Guest
    Kids cannot change their settings (obviously). I cannot figure out how to do it for them. They are set up as children, but there is no way to change privacy settings (using Edge on Windows 10 anniversary update). Very annoying!

dejan1, Nov 1, 2018
  7. dejan1 Win User

Kids cannot change their settings (obviously). I cannot figure out how to do it for them. They are set up as children, but there is no way to change privacy settings (using Edge on Windows 10 anniversary update). Very annoying!
  8. maxen Win User

Log on with HIS account at Xbox.com, then go to My Account, then 'Security, Family & Forums' and navigate to Xbox 360 settings, and change the relevant privacy settings and press Save. You should be asked to log in with the parental account to verify the
    changes. Then he should be able to respond to the friend request.

Let us know how you get on.
  9. ClerklyDruid27 Win User

My son said he logged on and went to My Account, then Security Family and Forums, and Xbox 360 settings, but Xbox won't let him to change the settings. Xbox said like this:"You want to change your privacy and online safety settings, but you’re unable to
    make the changes."

Then i tried to log on with my account (Parental Account). Then i went to My Account, Security Family and Forums, Xbox 360 Settings for my son's account, and i have changed his Xbox 360 settings, then i clicked on "Save" button. But when i check his Xbox
    360 Settings, the settings i made was gone, and the settings turned back just like before i change. I tried 5 times but it still the same. And my son still can't accept any friend request.
  10. El Mago tv Win User

xbox one multiplayer

Add him as your friend tell him accept telhe friend request. And send u an invite or u can create him and xbox live account too
  11. RobbyPorter Win User

Minecraft PE can't add friend to my child's Minecraft account.

How were you able to add your children as friends on their respective accounts? I am also having the same issue with them requesting friends on their ipad app—but none of the settings options allow me to fix it or address it for them.
Thema:

1. Can't accept friend request or add friend on children's account - Similar Threads - Can't accept friend

2. My Son can't accept friend requests on Fortnite or FC24

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Son can't accept friend requests on Fortnite or FC24: My Son has an Xbox Series S. He has friend requests on Fortnite but he can't accept or Add friends. I have checked the settings and it is set so that he doesn't need a PIN. We also changed the PIN...
  3. I've loaded into GTA but I can't accept the invites of my friends to play with them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I've loaded into GTA but I can't accept the invites of my friends to play with them: I need help accepting invites so I can play with my friends a2bb70a4-f6ec-4ab7-bf2a-dafe81f604cf
  4. I can't accept friend requests in Minecraft, please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't accept friend requests in Minecraft, please help: I can't accept friend requests, I tried to change my permissions, but I am not allowed to. I don't have any parental accounts, I even changed my age to try and fix it. But nothing works, I also am...
  5. Can't accept to friends that want to play Minecraft.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't accept to friends that want to play Minecraft.: This has been happening ever since I started playing. I would be doing my thing then on the top of my screen it would say (Gamertag) wants to play Minecraft. press - to accept or something like...
  6. Parental control- we can't accept friend request on our nintendo switch it's asking for a 6...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Parental control- we can't accept friend request on our nintendo switch it's asking for a 6...: Parental controls. We are being asked for a 6 digit pin to accept friend request on fortnite but we don't know/can't find it anywhere. How can we take parental controls off fortnite completely?...
  7. Friend can't accept the gift i sent him... I got charged. - Refund?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend can't accept the gift i sent him... I got charged. - Refund?: Hi, I bought a Grand Theft Auto V add-on as a gift for my friend without realising he already owned it. He can't accept it since it tells him he already owns it. I was charged and can't get a...
  8. Can't send friend request or accept friend request or game invites

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't send friend request or accept friend request or game invites: Dealing with XBOX One Fortnite issue. We can't send friend request or or accept friend request or game invites. How do I resolve this, it's completely frustrating trying to get help online with...
  9. Can't send or accept friend requests.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't send or accept friend requests.: I don't know if it's because I'm playing 360 games through Xbox one X or something but the 360 system won't allow me to accept or send friend requests recently. I was able to last week. Judging by...
  10. Can't sent or or accept friend requests

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sent or or accept friend requests: As the title states I can't send or accept friend requests and get a "cannot complete this process" error message. Additional info: The gamertags aren't spelled incorrectly My friends list is...