Cannot use Xbox app. opening any game causes blue screen of death

Discus and support Cannot use Xbox app. opening any game causes blue screen of death in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i've seen this has been asked many times and ive tried many fixes. what does work is turning off my antivirus...then i can play games from the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BWADEJSS, Jul 29, 2022.

1. BWADEJSS
    BWADEJSS Guest

i've seen this has been asked many times and ive tried many fixes. what does work is turning off my antivirus...then i can play games from the app....this is ridiculous and i do not want to turn off my antivirus, its there for a reason.
    any idea what files are causing this so i can change permissions or whatever else is the issue leading to BSOD on launching any xbox app game?

microsoft how do you let ridiculous issues like this exists?...for this long with so many forum posts about it.
    (it never used to be a problem, it suddenly appeared, i installed a new OS (windows 10) and that did not fix it :/)

:)

BWADEJSS, Jul 29, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Well, in this case definitely is something with the antivirus

Which windows system are you using? 11 or 10?

Are you not able to whitelist the Xbox app inside your antivirus settings?
  3. BWADEJSS Win User

im using comodo antivirus. i had this back when everything worked fine. no updates or changes when things stopped working. new os and installed the same antivirus and same issue.
    i cant even remember all the things i've checked but all the basics. when the issue started i did try to change a few things with delivery optimisation in the sys reg but it didnt help, im assuming the new os would have reset all of those changes hopefully? otherwise i guess theres a chance they may be the cause?
    ive changed permissions on windows app folders to everyone as i have some other errors with the xbox app where i couldnt even download games, i think it was 0x80070005? but changing permissions fixed that.

ive done the basic scans in cmd and found no issues.
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this buddy

What third party antivirus are you using on your computer?
    And, which troubleshooting steps you have done so far to fix this. In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

I'll be waiting for your reply, greetings from another Microsoft user
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

PC crashing with only Halo or Xbox APP Installed

Hi,

A Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) isn't going to be something that the Xbox App creates. The Xbox App may well be in beta but it's not unstable and it doesn't create blue screen errors.

If your system is freezing and is getting stuck in the BIOS screen this indicates a hardware issue with your PC.

Can you play other games on your PC from Steam or other launching software? If these games work and don't crash then it won't be a power issue.

Can you provide to us your system specifications?
  6. brunsta Win User

I cannot load either -0 game opens & states connection in progress but then blue screens & returns me to start screen
Thema:

1. Cannot use Xbox app. opening any game causes blue screen of death - Similar Threads - Cannot app opening

2. Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem: cannot download from Microsoft store or open Xbox app: I was trying to reinstall some games back onto my computer (I had uninstalled them about 3 months ago). I was going to redownload them from the Microsoft store. When I clicked install, the install...
  3. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location': As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your...
  4. Cannot Open Xbox App On Windows, How to fix?

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Open Xbox App On Windows, How to fix?: For some months now I have not been able to open my Xbox application on windows and I have tried many different troubleshooting options. When I look at the Xbox application reviews on the...
  5. I cannot open the Xbox app and keep getting met with Error 0xc00007b - Please help

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot open the Xbox app and keep getting met with Error 0xc00007b - Please help: Whenever I try and open up the Xbox app, it consistently gives me the error message of 0xc00007b, please click OK to close the application. Even when I click OK it doesn't shut the app, rather...
  6. I cannot open Minecraft Bedrock. "This app can't open, Check the Windows Store for more...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot open Minecraft Bedrock. "This app can't open, Check the Windows Store for more...: I've been trying to open it for days but I can't open it. [img] 01272dc8-ce5d-4ce2-a8a5-d73884017e90
  7. Windows cannot access the specified device when trying to open Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox App

in XBoX on Windows
    Windows cannot access the specified device when trying to open Forza Horizon 5 on the Xbox App: I've recently just purchased FH5 and installed it on my main drive. When I go to press PLAY on the Xbox app the game doesn't open and I get this message. [img] Ive tried reinstalling it...
  8. Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft launcher won’t open “This app can’t open- this app can’t open because it cannot...: so one day i wanted to open my minecraft launcher to play minecraft but a message popped up saying it cannot be found and that the storage device is missing or disconnected. now i have deleted...
  9. I cannot open Xbox app.

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot open Xbox app.: I can't really open Xbox. Microsoft Store app isn't working correctly too. [img] I waited a lot and stay still, the screen looks like that. [img] As I said, Microsoft Store isn't operating...
  10. Cannot Open or Install Xbox app, Games, or Apps from Microsoft Store

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Open or Install Xbox app, Games, or Apps from Microsoft Store: I have a Dell G7 gaming Laptop running Windows 11 (version 10.0.22000 Build 22000). I have two drives, the "C:" that is a 500gb NVME type for the OS and some other apps are on there I believe. And...