Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X

Discus and support Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Action taken: Accessing a website requiring HTTP basic auth as per RFC 7617 section 2 Expected reaction: Microsoft Edge prompts me for my username... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anton_779, Oct 10, 2020.

  1. Anton_779
    Anton_779 Guest

    Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X


    Action taken:

    Accessing a website requiring HTTP basic auth as per
    RFC 7617 section 2


    Expected reaction:

    Microsoft Edge prompts me for my username and password in order to log into the server

    Actual reaction:

    Microsoft Edge does not prompt me for my username and password when accessing websites requiring basic auth, instead it instantly shows me the "401 authorization required" error page.

    Device Info:

    OS version: 10.0.19041.4172

    Microsoft Edge version: 44.19041.3773

    :)
     
    Anton_779, Oct 10, 2020
    #1
  2. richarddixon2 Win User

    xbox, fortnite and v bucks

    Also all the login are using internet explorer and I use Microsoft edge, not sure what (2-factor auth) is ??
  3. onyxishere Win User

    Recover Microsoft Account tied to gamertag?

    Alright, the best I can offer then is to post to the Microsoft forums.

    answers.microsoft.com/en-us

    If they cannot assist with the email issue I'm afraid that no one will be able to.
  4. PaulCourt Win User

    Why can't I log in too my eBay account?

    My password works on other machines, not on Microsoft Edge,using X Box One X.
  5. ErinBytes Win User

    Help...idk where else to post...

  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

    Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

    Hi Mugboy,

    Thanks for the update. You may want to check out this page:
    How to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge on Xbox One
    . There, you will find steps to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge that may be affecting your ability to use the application.

    Please let us know how this goes.
Thema:

Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X

Loading...
  1. Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X - Similar Threads - Cannot HTTP Basic

  2. Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally: Tried restarting my console and it still didn't fix the issue. I am a little frustrated since I like to change my profile picture a lot. I could still go to my profile by going to my achievements....
  3. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  4. (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed

    in XboX Insiders
    (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed: I tried claiming the digital license for every physical Xbox One game that I own by these two publishers. Every other game I tried to claim worked fine except Destiny 1 which produced a different...
  5. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...
  6. Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X: As of the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead build (2608.260630-1105), I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I've checked the PlayFab and Xbox server statuses, but they reported no...
  7. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  8. Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI: Hello, I have been trying to enable the preview features to get the new xbox cloud gaming ui on the web and for some reason it never actually enables. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by...
  9. Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead: While in a Discord call, my buddy started streaming from his PC to the Discord call. The Discord channel is a Custom Temporary VC that will auto delete once all members leave it. I am on Xbox...
  10. profile pics are being see as default ones and cannot access certain games/apps.

    in XboX Insiders
    profile pics are being see as default ones and cannot access certain games/apps.: everyone’s profile pictures have been set to default for me i’ve been told it’s a privacy setting so i’ve made it so it’s adult default and it doesn’t save at all.i try to go on discord and it...