Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X

Discus and support Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Action taken: Accessing a website requiring HTTP basic auth as per RFC 7617 section 2 Expected reaction: Microsoft Edge prompts me for my username... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Anton_779, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Anton_779
    Anton_779 Guest

Action taken:

Accessing a website requiring HTTP basic auth as per
    RFC 7617 section 2

Expected reaction:

Microsoft Edge prompts me for my username and password in order to log into the server

Actual reaction:

Microsoft Edge does not prompt me for my username and password when accessing websites requiring basic auth, instead it instantly shows me the "401 authorization required" error page.

Device Info:

OS version: 10.0.19041.4172

Microsoft Edge version: 44.19041.3773

:)

Anton_779, Oct 10, 2020
  2. richarddixon2 Win User

xbox, fortnite and v bucks

Also all the login are using internet explorer and I use Microsoft edge, not sure what (2-factor auth) is ??
  3. onyxishere Win User

Recover Microsoft Account tied to gamertag?

Alright, the best I can offer then is to post to the Microsoft forums.

answers.microsoft.com/en-us

If they cannot assist with the email issue I'm afraid that no one will be able to.
  4. PaulCourt Win User

Why can't I log in too my eBay account?

My password works on other machines, not on Microsoft Edge,using X Box One X.
  5. ErinBytes Win User

Help...idk where else to post...

6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Bug/glitch in Microsoft Edge. Maybe a security issue?

Hi Mugboy,

Thanks for the update. You may want to check out this page:
    How to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge on Xbox One
    . There, you will find steps to close malicious tabs in Microsoft Edge that may be affecting your ability to use the application.

Please let us know how this goes.
Thema:

1. Cannot use HTTP Basic auth in Microsoft Edge on XBox One X - Similar Threads - Cannot HTTP Basic

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  5. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  6. I cannot sign up for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign up for developer mode: Whenever I try to sign up, after I put in my info I am not taken to the payment info page, instead I keep getting this message: Microsoft runs on trust- We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation...
  7. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...
  10. I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot log into Microsoft after successfully changing my password: Over last two days I have had to change my Microsoft password. I receive a message each time that it has been successfully changed yet when I try to use this password the message states it is...