Cannot update original xbox 1 after console wipe

Discus and support Cannot update original xbox 1 after console wipe in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; so I had cutting this console for my cousin and I just wiped it because I wanted to not be able to have anything on the console. right after I wiped it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Oliver Meade, Feb 5, 2023.

1. Oliver Meade
    Oliver Meade Guest

so I had cutting this console for my cousin and I just wiped it because I wanted to not be able to have anything on the console. right after I wiped it it won't connect to the internet properly anymore so I wiped it again. now the console can't even update anymore. what do I do in this situation? the error code on the screen that it says there was a problem with the update is 0x80072EFE 0x00000000 0x00000201

:)

Oliver Meade, Feb 5, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with updating the console.

If the console is no longer updating online, try connecting the console wired to see if that helps.

If it does not, I would already suggest doing the offline system update.

You will need a Windows PC/Laptop and USB for this so you can transfer the update to the console manually.

Guide here:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Hope that helps!
  3. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Playing xbox original games on console banned xbox 360

Xbox Originals need title updates from Xbox LIVE.

Banned consoles cannot connect to Xbox LIVE.

Answer: Yes, it removes the ability to play Xbox Originals.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

Just bought a XBOX ONE X and am having a disaster of an experience.. :(

100gb is not just warzone but also massive updates to the actual game too, it is the same on ps4 and pc, you cannot play unless it is updated as to play you need a cod ID too.

this is how most games work on console these days.

If you cancel the update it will wipe the game from the console on xbox so be carefull.
  5. J.Black-919 Win User

Destiny 1 stuck in trial mode

After unenrolling from the preview dashboard, wiping the console, and installing the latest public update....the game still doesn't work. Sigh
  6. beeener Win User

FIFA 14 Origin Account Error message

i cannot access either, I'm getting an option to update a security question for origin but it won't save it. every time i click next, it just wipes the question.

i gotta add that i had to change my password for LIVE as my email was hacked though.
Thema:

1. Cannot update original xbox 1 after console wipe - Similar Threads - Cannot update original

2. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  3. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  4. killer instict cquit for an update. But no update is showm. so i cannot play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    killer instict cquit for an update. But no update is showm. so i cannot play: killer instict cquit for an update. But no update is showm. so i cannot play 19fbbff3-e1e9-45ff-816f-b8d8005541c9
  5. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location': As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your...
  6. Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on: My Xbox series x has been prompting me to complete a 784.0 MB update. It gets to 60% of Step 2 of 3: Verifying, and then shuts down and doesn’t power back on. If I try to turn it back on, the...
  7. Cannot unisntall Sea of thieves and update stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot unisntall Sea of thieves and update stuck: Hi, i've got a problem with sea of thieves on xbox game launcher. There is 2 things. The game takes 200 Go of space on one of my disk, and i can't delete it, whatever i do. Another thing, sea of...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming: Whenever the game starts i get this prompt.. ive updated my controllers as well so im not sure why i cannot play 9f6d00e2-f1cd-47e2-a9d2-b172f41f5fc5
  10. Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later: I go to Linked Acoounts on my Xbox series x. I have been able to link Discord, twitch and reddit. But Steam fails to link. I send phone notification and click to link. I get error "Failed to...