Cannot update cod ghosts

Discus and support Cannot update cod ghosts in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Bought my xbox struggled to install dead rising 3, got it working finally after 2 days. Now ive bought cod ghosts, wouldnt start installing so... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by panneto, Jan 14, 2014.

1. panneto
    panneto Guest

Cannot update cod ghosts

Bought my xbox struggled to install dead rising 3, got it working finally after 2 days. Now ive bought cod ghosts, wouldnt start installing so unplugged my internet wire and it installed, plugged my internet back in and started the games update, stuck
    on 97percent for an hour so clicked cancel, when i tried to do it again the whole game needed installing again, so again i installed, plugged internet back in and now again stuck on 97 percent, it cant take 2 hours to install an update when the game took 10
    mins to install. Microsoft are you serious? Bringing out a console with such massivly serious problems like installing the damn games?!?

:)

panneto, Jan 14, 2014
  2. King Tones
    King Tones Guest
    Xbox One Installing Game Updates

Mine seems to be auto updating, Ryse, Blu Ray and COD Ghosts have all been updated recently and did not need to download anything for them as it had already done it.

King Tones, Jan 14, 2014
  3. Cannot download COD Ghosts update

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you guys are having all the same issues.

Let's try to delete the game from your hard drive (if it's installed on the HDD) and then reinstall or re-download the game.

To delete the game from your storage device:

1. On Xbox Home, go to Settings, then click
      System
    2. Under Storage, select the device where the game is stored (probably your Hard Drive) and then click on
      Games and Apps.
    3. Scroll down till you see your game.
    4. Select the Updates (and if present, the Install Game) and click Delete.
    When done, try to re-install or re-download the game.

To re-install the game by using an official disc:

1. Insert the disc.
    2. Highlight the Play Game option and then click
      X (Game Details).
    3. Click on Install.
    4. When done, launch the game and install the update(s).
    To re-download the game:

1. On Xbox Home, go to Settings and then click
      Account.
    2. Click Download History and then select the game.
    3. Click on Download Again.
    Let us know if you have any questions.

Vision Verrify, Jan 14, 2014
  4. killahmiles1911 Win User

Cannot download COD Ghosts update

I've Had this problem, the update installed but it ruined my multiplayer online and won't let me play the game at all unless I delete the update... Which means I can't game online!!!! I must say I talked to a Rep and they compensated me a free month of live
    for this problem BC it's been ongoing after. the updates. Anyone know when the next update is going to be launched?
  5. SearchZilla Win User

Some people who've had similar issues in the past cleared their system cache and this seemed to work. Please try the following:

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Please come back if the issue persists.
  6. Vision Verrify Win User

Hi all,

Sorry to hear you guys are having all the same issues.

Let's try to delete the game from your hard drive (if it's installed on the HDD) and then reinstall or re-download the game.

To delete the game from your storage device:

1. On Xbox Home, go to Settings, then click
      System
    2. Under Storage, select the device where the game is stored (probably your Hard Drive) and then click on
      Games and Apps.
    3. Scroll down till you see your game.
    4. Select the Updates (and if present, the Install Game) and click Delete.
    When done, try to re-install or re-download the game.

To re-install the game by using an official disc:

1. Insert the disc.
    2. Highlight the Play Game option and then click
      X (Game Details).
    3. Click on Install.
    To re-download the game:

1. On Xbox Home, go to Settings and then click
      Account.
    2. Click Download History and then select the game.
    3. Click on Download Again.
    Let us know if you have any questions.
  7. killahmiles1911 Win User

I have also tried it all and the problem is still here! It's a fact though the Xbox rep told me that sometimes updates do more damage than help! They wouldn't need to patch so often if these lame gamers wouldn't cheat the game though!!!! Wish I had something
    that would fix this problem too!
  8. vastolord Win User

I have the same problem. I have clear the cache but the issue persist. What I have to do?
Thema:

Cannot update cod ghosts

1. Cannot update cod ghosts - Similar Threads - Cannot update cod

2. Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot log into any account on XBox Series S after system update March 2024: Last week (around March 19th) when I turned on my XBox, I had a message that I needed to perform a system update. I performed that without issue. Since then, however, no account can log in. I just...
  3. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  4. killer instict cquit for an update. But no update is showm. so i cannot play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    killer instict cquit for an update. But no update is showm. so i cannot play: killer instict cquit for an update. But no update is showm. so i cannot play 19fbbff3-e1e9-45ff-816f-b8d8005541c9
  5. Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location'

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot open MS Rewards App, error message 'Update Your Console's location': As of today, I cannot load the MS Rewards app. It instead displays the error message. 'Update your console's location Go to System > Settings > System > Language & Location to match it to your...
  6. Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on: My Xbox series x has been prompting me to complete a 784.0 MB update. It gets to 60% of Step 2 of 3: Verifying, and then shuts down and doesn’t power back on. If I try to turn it back on, the...
  7. Cannot unisntall Sea of thieves and update stuck

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot unisntall Sea of thieves and update stuck: Hi, i've got a problem with sea of thieves on xbox game launcher. There is 2 things. The game takes 200 Go of space on one of my disk, and i can't delete it, whatever i do. Another thing, sea of...
  8. I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot update/install any games on Xbox PC Application after updating it and Games...: To be honest, this is starting to grow VERY frustrating. I cannot understand why on Earth am I not able -in this age- to play a game I BOUGHT WITH MY MONEY because some very weird issue keeps...
  9. Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ever since i updated my controllers i cannot use my controller to play on gamepass cloud gaming: Whenever the game starts i get this prompt.. ive updated my controllers as well so im not sure why i cannot play 9f6d00e2-f1cd-47e2-a9d2-b172f41f5fc5
  10. Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot link Steam and Xbox. Failed to update please try again later: I go to Linked Acoounts on my Xbox series x. I have been able to link Discord, twitch and reddit. But Steam fails to link. I send phone notification and click to link. I get error "Failed to...