Cannot turn on Xbox One from the companion app.

Discus and support Cannot turn on Xbox One from the companion app. in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; I have connected to my Xbox One (It is on the list of known Xbox's when I go to the Connection tab), but I cannot stream, or even turn on the Xbox when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by cjy8s, Aug 2, 2021.

1. cjy8s
    cjy8s Guest

I have connected to my Xbox One (It is on the list of known Xbox's when I go to the Connection tab), but I cannot stream, or even turn on the Xbox when I am remote. I get the error "We can't turn on your console. Make sure this device is on the same network as your console and your console is set to instant-on."

However, I am able to remote in and play the Xbox remotely from my iPhone.

Is there a way to play the Xbox and turn it on remotely using the companion app on my PC? It seems funny to be required to be at home to use remote features

:)

cjy8s, Aug 2, 2021
  2. SammyVS Win User

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am an Independent Advisor and I will be helping you today.

How are you?

You can only use Xbox Streaming with your console and PC on the same network.
  3. cjy8s Win User

There is a way to do remote play via the PC though right? Or can that only be done by mobile?
  4. ScottRothman1 Win User

Unable to login to Xbox App on PC

Hi Samy,

I'm logged in correctly to the Xbox Console Companion. I can actually launch my games from there and play games as expected. However, when I launch the Xbox App from the Xbox Console Companion I am still not logged in to the Xbox App and cannot install new games or play games from the Xbox App.
  5. MikeHEATUP Win User

double audio when streaming through xbox companion app on pc

the double audio im hearing is coming from the companion app on my pc that im using to stream from my xbox. its not from streamlabs. im getting the audio from my xbox and my pc via the companion app. but im using the companion app to use party chat to
    talk. so i cannot mute it because it then mutes the party chat audio and im not able to hear my party.
  6. Dem0nKez Win User

How to block the Xbox Profile?

Go to Xbox beta app or companion app > settings > notifications. Turn the ones off you want

Either that or just sign out of the app when your not using it.

You can also go to Notifications and action settings on windows and turn off notifications for xbox (scroll down to xbox)
Thema:

1. Cannot turn on Xbox One from the companion app. - Similar Threads - Cannot turn companion

2. I've been enrolled to EE/BT and now I cannot turn off recurring billing!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been enrolled to EE/BT and now I cannot turn off recurring billing!: Before you say it, I know. STUPID! In short, I bought a game pass key from GAMIVO.com, never had any issues before tonight. Safe to say I will never go this route again. So, purchased, redeemed...
  3. I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz: My series s says the monitor is only 60hz and will not allow me to turn on 165hz how do I fix this? I am using y27gq-20 Lenovo monitor 3df1eba3-0fbe-4826-ab94-0a7739110e49
  4. Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on: My Xbox series x has been prompting me to complete a 784.0 MB update. It gets to 60% of Step 2 of 3: Verifying, and then shuts down and doesn’t power back on. If I try to turn it back on, the...
  5. My Minecraft character cannot turn its head

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft character cannot turn its head: Hey, I have a problem with my Minecraft on my pc, the problem is that i cant turn my head. I have treid to downloaded Minecraft to my pc again, and i even tried to make a new accoumt (so i paid...
  6. I cannot turn on my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot turn on my Xbox at all: I cant turn on my Xbox at all 9984f1f6-eeaf-4cd6-b0be-5adfce0324cb
  7. Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play...: Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play with a controller instead. Please advise? e8c6e0ef-300f-4229-bfe5-774fc6060b78
  8. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller: Hello everyone. Today I bought an Xbox series X|S controller to use for my PC and I have a problem disabling the vibration when it is on Bluetooth. I installed Xbox accessories app and when I...
  9. Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x: I'm pretty sure this is a result of the latest update and it's an absolute nightmare. I use my Xbox one x for streaming quite a but. Just today I noticed it dimmed every 2 minutes when I looked on...
  10. cannot turn on xbox game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    cannot turn on xbox game bar: when i go to windows settings and try to turn on the xbox game bar, it turns on but after a few seconds it just crashes and when i open back up windows settings it is turned off. i also can't...