cannot turn on xbox game bar

Discus and support cannot turn on xbox game bar in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; when i go to windows settings and try to turn on the xbox game bar, it turns on but after a few seconds it just crashes and when i open back up windows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by YugoKurai, Nov 20, 2021.

1. YugoKurai
    YugoKurai Guest

when i go to windows settings and try to turn on the xbox game bar, it turns on but after a few seconds it just crashes and when i open back up windows settings it is turned off.

i also can't view all my captures anymore as it says that it couldn't be found.

any help? thanks

:)

YugoKurai, Nov 20, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey YugoKurai, how are you today? Hope you're well.

YugoKurai, there are a couple of things we could try. :)

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps including the Xbox Game bar and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox Game Bar > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click Terminate and then Reset, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
  3. ViktorStojq Win User

My Xbox Game Bar won't open

The reason why I cannot do this is because my xBox Games Bar won't even open. Yes, I'm well aware that I could deinstall my captures but I cannot open the Game Bar when I'm playing a game. That is my question, how to fix that?
  4. JonHay2 Win User

[PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

I am having the same issue, this used to work but now I cannot use push to talk in Sea of Thieves unless I toggle the game bar open when in an Xbox Party audio chat.

I also cannot set mouse buttons as push to talk hotkeys in the Xbox Game Bar settings, only keyboard keys.
  5. Andre for Directly Win User

Windows 10 Xbox Game DVR Background Recording picking up all computer audio regardless of settings

Hi HibbleJibble

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10.

2. Select Settings and then Game DVR.

3. Turn ‘Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR’ to off.

Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:

1. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\GameDVR.

2. Change the AppCaptureEnabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

3. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore.

4. Change the GameDVR_Enabled DWORD value to 0 to turn it off. Change it to 1 to turn it back on.

To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this.

1. Open a Windows PowerShell as an administrator.

2. Type or paste Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage

3. Let the process complete.

Let us know how it turns out.

Get Xbox Game Bar - Microsoft Store

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-bar...
  6. Zero117AsZ Win User

Elite controller series 2 issue

Hello Mateus,

Yeah, deactivating the box on the option at "Open the xbox game bar with xbox button..." did the trick. Sadly that I cannot use the game bar with the controller but well, I hope they patch that up in an upcoming update.

Thank you!
Thema:

1. cannot turn on xbox game bar - Similar Threads - cannot turn game

2. I've been enrolled to EE/BT and now I cannot turn off recurring billing!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been enrolled to EE/BT and now I cannot turn off recurring billing!: Before you say it, I know. STUPID! In short, I bought a game pass key from GAMIVO.com, never had any issues before tonight. Safe to say I will never go this route again. So, purchased, redeemed...
  3. I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have recently brought a 165hz monitor to use with Xbox series s but I cannot turn on 165hz: My series s says the monitor is only 60hz and will not allow me to turn on 165hz how do I fix this? I am using y27gq-20 Lenovo monitor 3df1eba3-0fbe-4826-ab94-0a7739110e49
  4. Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox won’t restart during update, cannot turn back on: My Xbox series x has been prompting me to complete a 784.0 MB update. It gets to 60% of Step 2 of 3: Verifying, and then shuts down and doesn’t power back on. If I try to turn it back on, the...
  5. My Minecraft character cannot turn its head

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft character cannot turn its head: Hey, I have a problem with my Minecraft on my pc, the problem is that i cant turn my head. I have treid to downloaded Minecraft to my pc again, and i even tried to make a new accoumt (so i paid...
  6. I cannot turn on my Xbox at all

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot turn on my Xbox at all: I cant turn on my Xbox at all 9984f1f6-eeaf-4cd6-b0be-5adfce0324cb
  7. Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play...: Playing on iPad mini 5 on Xbox cloud gaming on fortnite and I cannot turn of touch to play with a controller instead. Please advise? e8c6e0ef-300f-4229-bfe5-774fc6060b78
  8. Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot turn off vibration on a Bluetooth Xbox series X|S controller: Hello everyone. Today I bought an Xbox series X|S controller to use for my PC and I have a problem disabling the vibration when it is on Bluetooth. I installed Xbox accessories app and when I...
  9. Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot find where to turn off screen dimming on my Xbox one x: I'm pretty sure this is a result of the latest update and it's an absolute nightmare. I use my Xbox one x for streaming quite a but. Just today I noticed it dimmed every 2 minutes when I looked on...
  10. XBOX GAME không thể bật phần quay màn hình[XBOX GAME cannot turn on screen recording]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX GAME không thể bật phần quay màn hình[XBOX GAME cannot turn on screen recording]: tại sao tôi không thể mở phần quay m n hình của XBOX game? [Translation - Why can't I open the screen recording of XBOX game?] fdd33405-fec2-402b-aceb-fa2884b19241