Cannot scroll around most screens on Xbox One S

Discus and support Cannot scroll around most screens on Xbox One S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I seem to have developed an issue where on most of the pages on my Xbox ie home page, settings, games and apps, I cannot go up and down as normal... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SoleAtom117262, Mar 19, 2025.

  1. Cannot scroll around most screens on Xbox One S


    So I seem to have developed an issue where on most of the pages on my Xbox ie home page, settings, games and apps, I cannot go up and down as normal using either the buttons or the left stick of my controller. I have updated the controller using the accessories app on my pc. On the home page I can go between the icons at the top of the screen and the first row of apps/games but cannot scroll further down. On the settings page it is stuck on the 'recommendations' at the top of the list and I cannot move the cursor/selector further down the screen. On the games screen it is stuck on the 'Sort A-Z' box. I also seem to have an issue with the any box I can type in whereas the character box defaults to the punctuation screen and pressing LT makes no change whatsoever. The bizarre thing is, when bringing up the support pages, I can scroll around normally and you would think there was absolutely nothing wrong. I have just performed a factory reset and I still have the issue. So any advice? I don't currently have a USB stick but I am assuming that may be the way this is going

    :)
     
    SoleAtom117262, Mar 19, 2025
    #1
  2. Janet_C Win User

    Cannot scroll around most screens on Xbox One S

    Hello!

    Hope you are well. I'll be glad to assist you.

    I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues. Please try the following steps:

    1. Press and hold the Power button on the front of your Xbox until the console turns off.

    2. Unplug the power cord from the back of your Xbox.

    3. Wait a minute, and then plug the power cord back in.

    4. Press the Power button on your Xbox to turn it back on.

    5. Pair your controller and console again and test if the behavior is the same.

    If the issue persists, please check if the same thing happens when using the controller on a PC or smartphone, or when connecting it via USB.

    I hope the information has been clear, I will be attentive to any questions you may have.

    Best Regards.
  3. AridLizard Win User

    Which is the right or left control sticks on the controller?

    the right stick sometimes has a function in some apps. for example; the left stick might scroll the screen/page and the right stick might move the cursor around the screen/page, or the left stick is used to select items on the screen and the right stick
    scrolls the selected text
  4. Bailey Cooper Win User

    Controller constantly scrolling down, cannot access anything

    Hi there, the thing with this controller issue is that i can't access any menus on my xbox at all as it rapidly scrolls up to the point where i cannot navigate the xbox home screen. Thanks
  5. GRRR2k19 Win User

    Huge downloads?!?!

    Yes most games anymore are huge downloads which is why i invested in a 4 tb external drive the elder scrolls online is around 160 gb or so with all the add ons
  6. Tezzarrific Win User

    My Xbox has the wrong warranty sticker

    if the warranty sticker is changed then it has been opened, most likely for cleaning as some of the Game shops do this, it won't devalue it that much as xbox ones which are the original black ones go for around £30 now and xbox one s consoles go for around £50, you aint gonna get much more than that anyway.
Thema:

Cannot scroll around most screens on Xbox One S

Loading...
  1. Cannot scroll around most screens on Xbox One S - Similar Threads - Cannot scroll around

  2. Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox profile cannot be clicked on normally: Tried restarting my console and it still didn't fix the issue. I am a little frustrated since I like to change my profile picture a lot. I could still go to my profile by going to my achievements....
  3. Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One BUG - Cannot Join Insider on Xbox Series X: Hi, I am encountering a weird glitch. I would like to join the last update but I can't join the Insider program. Could you please force trigger my console? Please tell me what data you need from...
  4. (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed

    in XboX Insiders
    (Disc-to-Digital) Games published by Ubisoft and Square Enix cannot be claimed: I tried claiming the digital license for every physical Xbox One game that I own by these two publishers. Every other game I tried to claim worked fine except Destiny 1 which produced a different...
  5. Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.

    in XboX Insiders
    Console games I own that I cannot play on my ASUS ROG Ally or laptop.: Hello Xbox Insider team, I have a question. A while back, I bought almost all the *Final Fantasy* games from the Xbox Store for my Series X. Often, when I'm at work, I have downtime to relax and...
  6. Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot sign into Minecraft: Bedrock Edition on Xbox Series X: As of the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead build (2608.260630-1105), I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account on Minecraft. I've checked the PlayFab and Xbox server statuses, but they reported no...
  7. Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a game on Xbox One but cannot play it and I have game pass essential: I bought Escape the backrooms on my Xbox One but it has the circle with a line through it once I click on it. Is there anyway for me to play this game or no? submitted by /u/Loud_Boysenberry_914...
  8. Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot Test New Features for Xbox Cloud Gaming New UI: Hello, I have been trying to enable the preview features to get the new xbox cloud gaming ui on the web and for some reason it never actually enables. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by...
  9. Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead

    in XboX Insiders
    Cannot watch Discord Streams - Alpha Skip-Ahead: While in a Discord call, my buddy started streaming from his PC to the Discord call. The Discord channel is a Custom Temporary VC that will auto delete once all members leave it. I am on Xbox...
  10. Xbox Series X cannot stop from scrolling up how can I fix it?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X cannot stop from scrolling up how can I fix it?: To whom it may concern, I am running into an issue where my Xbox series x cannot stop from scrolling up. I checked to see if it was an issue when the controller pairs with the console but no....