Cannot save changes when adding friends

Discus and support Cannot save changes when adding friends in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Every time I try to add a friend it says it cannot save my changes. This person was my friend previously and got deleted some how. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SugarlessAxe7, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Cannot save changes when adding friends

Every time I try to add a friend it says it cannot save my changes. This person was my friend previously and got deleted some how. Can you help me?

:)

SugarlessAxe7, Sep 15, 2018
  2. GkJackJr
    GkJackJr Guest
    Not able to re add friends that disappeared from my friends list

Tried re-adding friends on xbox, app, and xbox.com after they disappeared from my friends list, but none of them work. Errors ranging from "sorry we can't save your changes right now" to "an unexpected error occurred".

GkJackJr, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Cannot save changes

I have gave my friend my account details to gameshare with him and he cannot set it to his 'home xbox'. whenever he tries it says "cannot save changes....."

lewisfisher18, Sep 15, 2018
  4. XBF Paul M
    XBF Paul M Guest

Hiya, SugarlessAxe7!!

Paul from Xbox Forums here to assist with the situation, It looks like the issue is adding friends. I believe a possible solution for this would be to remove the profile from the console then re-add it back to the console. I hope this helps solve the problem.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!

XBF Paul M, Sep 18, 2018
  5. The person i’m trying to add was on my friends list then they were not. I know this person and asked them if they blocked me and they said they didn’t.

SugarlessAxe7, Nov 3, 2018
  6. Frathos
    Frathos Guest
    Hi SugarlessAxe7,

I have seen this problem sometimes when I try to add a new gamertag to my Friends List. Have you tried waiting a short time and then try adding the account again? This usually works for me and the GT add is successful on the second attempt.

Good luck.

Frathos, Nov 4, 2018
  7. I have been trying to add this person for almost 6 months now and it has not been working at all. I can add other people but not this person.

SugarlessAxe7, Nov 5, 2018
  8. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear the issue is persisting. Would you mind letting us know what you've done so far? Like have you tried to add them through our website or our Xbox App? If so what kind of message do you get (if you receive any). Have you had your friend add
    you first to see if after it saves that you added them back?

If anything if you haven't done some of the steps I've mentioned I recommend to attempt them, and let us know the results.

Hope to hear back soon

XBF Leslie D, Nov 5, 2018
  9. This person says i’m still on their friends list. I tried the xbox app and it still didn’t work. The app said the same thing as the console, cannot save changes. How do i fix it?

SugarlessAxe7, Nov 8, 2018
  10. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    Hello SugarlessAxe,

In this case, is it determined that the other user is in fact not on your current friends list?

Have you attempted to try adding them through the Xbox Website?

Clarify these for us and let us know the answers to these questions.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Nov 5, 2018
  11. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear the issue is persisting. Would you mind letting us know what you've done so far? Like have you tried to add them through our website or our Xbox App? If so what kind of message do you get (if you receive any). Have you had your friend add
    you first to see if after it saves that you added them back?

If anything if you haven't done some of the steps I've mentioned I recommend to attempt them, and let us know the results.

Hope to hear back soon
  12. SugarlessAxe7 Win User

I have been trying to add this person for almost 6 months now and it has not been working at all. I can add other people but not this person.
  13. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello SugarlessAxe,

In this case, is it determined that the other user is in fact not on your current friends list?

Have you attempted to try adding them through the Xbox Website?

Clarify these for us and let us know the answers to these questions.

Best wishes!
  14. SugarlessAxe7 Win User

This person says i’m still on their friends list. I tried the xbox app and it still didn’t work. The app said the same thing as the console, cannot save changes. How do i fix it?
  15. XBF Paul M Win User

Hiya, SugarlessAxe7!!

Paul from Xbox Forums here to assist with the situation, It looks like the issue is adding friends. I believe a possible solution for this would be to remove the profile from the console then re-add it back to the console. I hope this helps solve the problem.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums!
Thema:

1. Cannot save changes when adding friends - Similar Threads - Cannot save changes

2. Cannot save avatar in Avatar Editor

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot save avatar in Avatar Editor: Every time anyone in my family tries to edit their avatar, when the go to save it they get, "Something went wrong. Try again in a little while". This has been an ongoing issue for years now. I...
  3. Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2...: Cannot get starfield to load recent save on gamepass cloud. Will only load a save from 2 months ago. I am not starting over. fa3c7687-65f9-4c38-814a-8e3532841706
  4. Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fallout 3: Corrupt Save in Raven Rock freezes on main screen; cannot delete cloud save?: Howdy. For the record I am playing from a pristine Fallout 3 Disc#2(to run the DLC on Xbox One) and have had very little issue over the years(for a Bethesda game lol) Saving in Raven Rock in...
  5. cannot save

in XBoX on Consoles
    cannot save: I keep getting a message "your xbox is out of space for saved data" and gives the error code 0x80830003, then tells me to manage my storage. My storage is 70% full and I have 250GB free. Theres no...
  6. My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VoIP doesn’t work on the game DayZ and I cannot delete saved data: For some reason despite having a headset my VOIP isn’t enabled in dayZ I’m not sure if it’s an in game issue but I’ve also noticed I cannot delete the synced file to see whether it’s corrupt I can...
  7. cannot save due to insuffiecent system storage (1.3mb) how can ı fix that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cannot save due to insuffiecent system storage (1.3mb) how can ı fix that?: I have succesfully installed a game (The Evil Within 2) however the game tells me that it cannot save due to insuffiecent system storage (1.3 mb) how can i solve it ?...
  8. Cannot save within any PC Game Pass games downloaded

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot save within any PC Game Pass games downloaded: Also: uninstalled Xbox app to see if that would help; upon attempting reinstallation of the Xbox app, Microsoft Store gave error 0x80070005 when attempting such reinstallation. The error persists...
  9. I play Rise of Nations on my laptop. I cannot save games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I play Rise of Nations on my laptop. I cannot save games.: When I try to save the game it comes up with the message "cloud storage is full". I do not have an xbox and this is the only game I play that I save. I recently upgraded to windows 11 and have...
  10. Lego Star Wars the skywalker saga: cannot access save data on Pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lego Star Wars the skywalker saga: cannot access save data on Pc: I have played the game on my Xbox series s however I can’t access the same save file on the pc game pass version a4195cf0-789b-4f02-af2b-3fc628881eec