Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC)

Discus and support Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Resume and cancel buttons do nothing, issue is same as listed here... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HarveyBrett, Dec 8, 2021.

1. HarveyBrett
    HarveyBrett Guest

HarveyBrett, Dec 8, 2021
  2. HarveyBrett Win User

This unfortunately did not work, this has happened on all computers ive used the xbox app on, including friends computers. I believe it is a fundamental issue with the app
  3. HarveyBrett Win User

Hello, thanks for your response

I have experienced this with multiple games in the past on multiple computers, previously I would install the game via the microsoft store instead of the xbox app however this functionality has been removed.

I am currently trying to install halo infinite
  4. MateusFontana Win User

I see, at the moment Halo infinite is available for pre-installation. Anyway please try the solutions below.

Solution 1:

Log out your account from the Xbox app
    Log out your Microsoft Store account
    Search the term ''WSRESET'' in the Windows search bar
    Run this command as administrator
    Wait for the window to open to close automatically
    Restart your PC
    Add your account to the apps again

NOTE: Make sure the account logged into the Microsoft Store is the same as the Xbox app.

Solution 2:

Go to Windows Settings
    Applications
    Applications and Features
    Search for the Xbox app
    Click on it
    Advanced options
    Tap repair

Solution 3:

Check for updates to the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store, if they update to the latest version.

Make sure your Windows is fully up to date too, the latest version of Windows 10 is 21H2, make sure it is and your system version.

Solution 4:

Use Microsoft's corrupt file restoration and recovery tool using the instructions provided in the article below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e
  5. Rostom L Win User

That's strange. Could you try to download a different app or game just to see if that would affect the previous download?

Other workaround here is turn your Wi-Fi off or turn airplane mode on then restart your PC and check back the download or queue. Once you're on that page, reconnect to your network.

If that doesn't work, let's try to perform a clean boot on your computer.
    - https://support.microsoft.com/topic/how-to-perf...
  6. RIDDIMBOI Win User

I experienced this issue and just resolved it on my own. What I did was, search for the game, hit install again, went into my downloads and i was finally able to delete it.

If you experience this issue again I hope this works for you because it was a lot more simple than what I just read in here.
Thema:

1. Cannot resume or cancel download (Xbox Gamepass PC) - Similar Threads - Cannot resume cancel

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  4. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  5. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  6. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  7. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  8. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  9. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  10. Tried to install Stardew Valley, download is stuck at 2%, cannot resume or cancel, and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tried to install Stardew Valley, download is stuck at 2%, cannot resume or cancel, and...: I dont know what to do anymore. Yes i have restarted. I have terminated and repaired. At my installation queue, it perpetually says it is checking for updates. My computer was just updated and...