Cannot remove my son from a family group

Discus and support Cannot remove my son from a family group in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Somehow, my son left our Family Group and added himself to another Family Group that he created. I sent him an invite to rejoin our Family Group but... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by DavidRiwoe, Jun 1, 2023.

1. DavidRiwoe
    DavidRiwoe Guest

Somehow, my son left our Family Group and added himself to another Family Group that he created.

I sent him an invite to rejoin our Family Group but he must leave his Family Group first. However, that is the problem.

I know the steps are as follows:

1. Using a web browser, sign in to family.microsoft.com.
    2. Click : next to your name and select Leave family group.
    3. Select Remove to confirm.
    I can log on to his family organizer profile and see him, but there is no : next to his name.

It only says "Go to Profile"and "Edit Profile Picture".

As a result, I can't remove him from the Family Group.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

DavidRiwoe, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Scott Hall3 Win User

How do I make my child the adminstrator on his laptop in Microsoft Family?

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the Microsoft Family Website and I am logged in on my account as the family organzier, the only family organizer our family account has ever had.

Unless they are hidden somewhere very obscure, I cannot find where I can give my son administrator access to his own computer for school. It feels as if there are a layer of controls that are being hidden from me, the parent, for my own family account.

When I try to just remove him from the family account, I get the following message:

You can't remove [Son] from the family group

Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for [son] can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted [son] consent to remove [son] from the family group.

This is pretty infuriating and starting to make me really wish I never started the family account in the first place.
  3. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help removing a member on your family group.

If I may ask, was this family member just added to that family group? There are times that it might take a while for it to be completely added and get those options.

Also, try using a different browser or use in private browsing, check if that option is available. Just make sure you are logged in to the family organizer and not the member. You should be able to know that you are logged in to the organizer if it is saying "You" as the organizer.
  4. CosmicCraze Win User

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble removing your son from a family group Xbox. Here are the steps you can follow to remove him:

1. Go to the "Settings" menu on the Xbox dashboard.
    2. Select "Account" and then "Family settings".
    3. Choose the account that you want to remove from the family group.
    4. Select "Remove from family group" and confirm your selection. .
    Or you can try these steps below. 1. Sign in to your Xbox account at www.xbox.com using your parent account credentials.
    2. Navigate to the "Family settings" tab and select "Manage family members".
    3. Find your son's Gamertag, and select "Remove from family".
    4. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the removal process. .
    If you're still having issues, you may need to contact Xbox customer support for further assistance. They should be able to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
  5. Bob Omstead Win User

Trouble with switching child account back to original (re: proper) Family group ...

I figured it out ... Logging into the Microsoft website using my "gmail" credentials, I navigated to the Family Group.

I had to "remove consent" for my son FIRST, and then I was allowed to remove my son from the "gmail" family group. Logging back into my "hotmail" Family Group, I was able to add him back easy peasy.
  6. Gav Hambly Win User

Is it possible to remove a child account from xbox family settings?

i logged into my account on your first link it shows me and my son in two boxes i click on his profile to remove him it says i'm not the person that added him - the only option it shows on my profile is to remove myself from the family group is that what u mean (as i am logged in on my account) Wont he lose his consent to access stuff if remove myself from the family group?
Thema:

1. Cannot remove my son from a family group - Similar Threads - Cannot remove son

2. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  3. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  4. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  5. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  6. My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account won’t show the subscription that is being charged and I cannot remove my card...: My account is just being annoying and I can’t even find the subscription on the store (Fortnite crew) 40eb0b9e-66cc-48b9-92ea-719b3846dcea
  7. How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change...: How do I remove content restrictions from cloud gaming? I cannot locate anywhere to change it and I am the only member in the family app and can't find any setting for it as the internet searches...
  8. Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minor is a family organizer and cannot remove him: Hi. I’m trying to add my son to my family however I get this error message “You'll need to leave your current family group to join a new one. To leave a group, select Go to family group, find your...
  9. Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot remove child from Microsoft Family group: I have two accounts because Microsoft still has no option to merge accounts one for Xbox and one for everything else. When logging my kid into their Xbox and giving consent it somehow swapped them...
  10. Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account got hijacked, email changed, security information removed. Cannot get access back.: Hello, i'm chip and i'm in need of some help. Last night i tried to log into my account with my usual email, only for it to show "An account with the specified username could not be found. Try...