Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...

Discus and support Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; In an official Xbox article Microsoft states that it's possible to remap the "share button" from a PC through the Xbox Accessories app. However, this... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/shaggytoph, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...

In an official Xbox article Microsoft states that it's possible to remap the "share button" from a PC through the Xbox Accessories app. However, this is not possible because when you enter in the app, there's no "share button" in the lists of buttons to choose. This PC is on the Beta Ring but I tried from other PCs that aren't in any insider ring & said feature isn't present there either.

This is the article I'm referring to, in the "Remapping" section there's a "On a PC" part which explains is possible to remap it in PC: What's this Share button on my controller? | Xbox Support

I have the controller that came with my Series Console & just bought another, the app doesn't work in none of them.

I tried reaching out with Xbox Support over twitter but they just tell me to reinstall the app, which isn't helping.

submitted by /u/shaggytoph
    [link] [comments]

/u/shaggytoph, Jun 15, 2022
  2. Frankie Pace Win User

Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

Does this work? I have the same issue. Cannot configure the share button as it does not appear as an option when attempting to remap using Accessories App, not does it register when pressed during test mode.
  3. DanielKing221 Win User

Elite Gen 1

You can remap buttons using your Xbox Accessories app on your Xbox One
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.

I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today

The share button doesn't work the same on PC, but you can remap the button.

For this follow these steps:

"Open the Xbox Accessories app.

Select the controller you want to configure.

Select the profile you want to configure, or New profile and create a profile.

Select Share button.

Map the function you’d like to the Share button."

Source: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne....

Let me know if you're able to remap the button using the steps provided above
  5. Mister Maka Win User

A LITTLE ATENTION HERE PLZ

Hey there RavnusLock.

Thanks a ton for dropping by the Xbox Forums to share this! Awesome to see his gameplay of Overwatch on Xbox One! Currently we do not offer controllers specifically developed for this with disabilities, but we do offer the ability to change button mapping via
    the
    Xbox Accessories App
    . Hopefully changing the button mapping assists with some of his Xbox gaming!

Again, thanks a ton for sharing Mateus and if you have any questions on how to remap buttons, let us know :)
  6. Rostom L Win User

"Share" button on xbox one series S/X controller not working on windows 10

Thema:

Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...

1. Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but... - Similar Threads - Cannot remap Share

2. Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout New Vegas cannot upload profile: Both my boyfriend and I have the new Xbox X console. When I was there I downloaded Fallout New Vegas and played it the past 2 days. I got home and installed New Vegas and was planning on...
  3. I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot contact Xbox Customer Service: Ive tried the virtual agent many times trying to conact somebody to assist with a damaged xbox controller. The callback feature hasnt worked once in the last week ive tried and there is no live...
  4. Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign into 360 games on my Series X: I’m on series X and since I got it in October, there were no issues playing backward compatibility games until yesterday. I was idle for maybe 5-10 minutes in the lobby of a game when it randomly...
  5. I cannot join parties after comm ban expires

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I cannot join parties after comm ban expires: I can’t join parties after my comm ban, I have an error whenever I try to join yet I can create my own, invite and earlier when I did to my friends I could then join parties but it would be...
  6. Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot factory reset Xbox despite having a start up error.: My Xbox one has suddenly stopped working. it just loads to a grey screen and then shows me the option to troubleshoot. I have tried every method and it is still not working or even factory...
  7. xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names error: Hello there, whenever i try to connect my xbox 360 to the internet, it gives me a message saying "dns servers cannot resolve xbox live server names". It connects to my router when testing the...
  8. I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am getting an error code Dev error 12502 I cannot play multiplayer game off-line. It will...: After season three download, I cannot play multiplayer off-line. I keep on getting the air I can play. Campaign game off-line. I cannot get this issue resolved. ce617d6b-1b50-4280-895e-816e235cad4b
  9. Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games

in XboX Insiders
    Sorry we couldnt complete your request error pops up and cannot launch any games: . submitted by /u/Evening-Argument3746 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox Accessories App On PC-Syncing Data Screen Stays At 0%-Cannot edit/remap controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App On PC-Syncing Data Screen Stays At 0%-Cannot edit/remap controller: I've been having this issue since May/June 2022. I use an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to game on my PC. When I open the Xbox Accessories App to remap my controller layout, I am prompted with a...