Cannot reinstall xbox app, error code 0x80070002

Discus and support Cannot reinstall xbox app, error code 0x80070002 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Recently I was unable to install a few new gamepass games on my PC, so I uninstalled the xbox app. Now, however, when I attempt to run the installer,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by bensteinberg1, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Cannot reinstall xbox app, error code 0x80070002

Recently I was unable to install a few new gamepass games on my PC, so I uninstalled the xbox app. Now, however, when I attempt to run the installer, the installation fails with a message "Looks like something went wrong. We weren't able to install the
    app (0x80070002). Windows is up to date, tried running the command below in powershell (as admin), ensured that all xbox related services were running, all to no avail.

• Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

:)

bensteinberg1, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Isaiahb0 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 won't download and install after I upgraded my PC

I am also getting the same error code (0x80070002) when trying to download ANY game on the Xbox app.
  3. BubbIeGummi Win User

error code 0x800a40010

i get the error code 0x80070002 when trying to sign into outlook through the mail app
  4. CarTzy Win User

0x80070002 error when installing apps

Hello Zeroyazi,

Welcome to Xbox Community.

If you are experiencing error 0x80070002 when installing apps on your Xbox, you can try the following steps to fix it:

- Reinstall the Xbox app by opening PowerShell as administrator and running this command: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

- Download the Xbox app again from the Microsoft Store and check if the issue is resolved.

- If not, update your Windows 10 to the latest version by going to Settings > Update & Security and clicking Check for Updates.

- If the error still persists, make sure all the Xbox services are running by opening Services and starting these entries: Gaming Services, Xbox Accessory Management Service, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

Please see:Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support & Error 0x80070002 occurs while launching or installing a PC game | Xbox Support

We hope this helps you solve the error 0x80070002 and enjoy your apps on your Xbox.
  5. Dubstep2DaLeft Win User

My CoD:Ghosts updates won't install!

The error code says 0x80070002
  6. Isaiahb0 Win User

New PC Installation of Windows - Unable to Install Xbox Games

Jumping in to say I also have the same issue as OP, cannot install any new games from Xbox app or Windows Store. I also receive Error Code 0x80070002 when trying to install a game. This is clearly an issue with the Xbox app, probably a new update as this just started happening within the past week for me.

Please release a fix/update because the Xbox/Store app is clearly non-functional right now!!!!
Thema:

Cannot reinstall xbox app, error code 0x80070002

1. Cannot reinstall xbox app, error code 0x80070002 - Similar Threads - Cannot reinstall app

2. I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just bought a used Xbox found out the console was banned. Does that mean I cannot...: Yes I bought a used xbox recently that didn't reveal to me that The console was Band I know, I can't play using online functions but does that Mean that I can't download the games that I've...
  3. Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games

in XboX Insiders
    Left Insiders (Delta) on my Xbox and now cannot play games: I decided to withdraw my console from the Insiders Delta ring yesterday. I used the Insiders Hub on Xbox, chose to have my console leave. Exited the hub, five minutes or so later, my console...
  4. Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot remote access Xbox One from my PC: I'm in Dev Mode on the Xbox One and I'm trying to do Remote Access but every time I punch in the address I get this message UNITIALIZED Credentials have not been set up. Enter a username and...
  5. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  6. I cannot sign up for developer mode

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot sign up for developer mode: Whenever I try to sign up, after I put in my info I am not taken to the payment info page, instead I keep getting this message: Microsoft runs on trust- We engage in a rigorous set of evaluation...
  7. Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot join the xbox ambassadors program but there's no suspension history on my account: EDIT: I see it says Xbox ambassador on my profile on the forms, but I can't view the ambassador page and it says I was removed Hey Everyone, I went to join the Xbox ambassadors and for some...
  8. I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I CANNOT update OR USE the Xbox Accessories App. It just says i need the latest update,...: Everytime i open xbox accessories app it just says i need the latest version BUT I HAVE NO AVAILABLE UPDATES. sorry for the caps im losing it. so much has gone wrong in me trying to fix this that...
  9. I cannot reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium. I have paid for it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot reinstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection Premium. I have paid for it.: I let my xbox microsoft solitaire lapse. Paid to have it started again, but cannot download it into my pc. e0f0fc93-63e7-47e6-b8c6-25f579a9bb86
  10. Cannot reinstal a purchased minecraft on new pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot reinstal a purchased minecraft on new pc: hi my kids broke their old pc, i purchased new hardware and reinstalled windows and then i proceeded to redownload their favorite game however it says i need to repurchase... can you please assist...