Cannot Recover Gamertag as it wasn't created with a Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cannot Recover Gamertag as it wasn't created with a Microsoft Account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I created a gamertag long ago using a gmail account. I have always been able to login to Xbox live using those credentials when playing games (single... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SherlockOhms, Jan 31, 2021.

1. SherlockOhms
    SherlockOhms Guest

I created a gamertag long ago using a gmail account. I have always been able to login to Xbox live using those credentials when playing games (single player campaign). I used that account until about a month ago when the console died (Xbox 360 s, it's dead, really dead, even tried to reflow the chip). My gamertag was on the internal memory. I never created a Microsoft account for cloud saves. I have all the login information, how do I recover the gamertag?

Different question, same subject, since I have your attention. This console has the internal 4GB Memory module that is removable. Could I just pull the module and use it on a new motherboard and recover the tag that way?

Thanks

:)

SherlockOhms, Jan 31, 2021
  2. TkDD-D02A4B6B-7DEA-4 Win User

Can't Swap Microsoft Accounts - multiple errors

So after speaking with support, here's all the reasons why you might be unable to swap accounts (mine was that I recovered my account onto the xbox one). Seems a little excessive, and silly if you ask me.

- After you create an Xbox Live gamertag, you cannot change the Microsoft account that is associated with the gamertag for 30 days.

- After you create a new Microsoft account and associate the new Microsoft account with your gamertag, you cannot change the account again for 30 days.

- The new Microsoft account cannot have been associated with any other gamertag or billing account in the last 30 days.

- You cannot change the Microsoft account that is associated with a profile if the profile has been recovered to a new device in the last 30 days.

- The 30 day waiting period starts again each time you recover your gamertag to a new device.

- Only one Microsoft account change is allowed in a 30-day period (one change per gamertag). If you recently changed your Microsoft account, you won't be able to change the Microsoft account again until 30 days have passed.

- You must also wait 30 days after the profile was recovered from Xbox LIVE to a console before changing the Microsoft account. If 30 days have not passed after recovering the gamertag.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Xbox live trial?

created you MUST join xbox live on the profile

you cannot use them on existing accounts

you cannot create profiles on the website and recover the gamertag expecting the free trials
  4. WPAK Win User

deleted gametag

Hi there,

if there wasn't a Microsoft Account (email address) attached to that 360 gamertag then there is no way to recover it.

A gamertag can be redownloaded when there is a Microsoft Account connected.

If you create a new Microsoft Account then you can create a new Xbox Live Account on it which can be used for online gaming and browsing the store etc. (Online gaming will require a Gold subscription though) but progress on games, purchases and gamerscore
    etc is usually saved on the Profile itself so that's all lost.
  5. Lucas Lauer Win User

WHY DOES MY ACCOUNT NOT EXIST?

The hacker could only have changed your account email address and deleted the old one. If it wasn't that, you could not be able to create another Microsoft account with the same email.

And if you change a Microsoft account email address, you will not delete the Xbox gamertag associated with it.

Probably the hacker is using your account to play Minecraft. You can contact Microsoft Official support but they will tell you the same thing: the only option to recover a hacked account is by using the recovery form:

https://account.live.com/acsr

If the recovery form says your account does not exist (because the hacker changed its email address) you cannot recover it. I'm sorry about that.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Know Gamertag, forgot email

Hi, as I said unfortunately an account cannot be recovered with the gamertag alone, because its not enough proof of ownership

Please use the methods shared previously

If you're not able to recover the account in that way, you may need to create a new one
Thema:

1. Cannot Recover Gamertag as it wasn't created with a Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cannot Recover Gamertag

2. I cannot recover my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot recover my account: I cannot recover my account, I have been trying for the past few days, using various addresses that I have used in the past, but it just won't work, the only Microsoft software I have bought is...
  3. i cannot Recover my Old account and now that other platform such as Bungie PS5, i want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cannot Recover my Old account and now that other platform such as Bungie PS5, i want to...: ive tried all emails that i ahve to try log and also by resetting my password through every email possible.. all i need to do is know whats my email attached to this username "MakKauHijauN". i beg...
  4. Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account: Account is locked and mobile number has changed so cannot recover account. Any idea how to get in touch with support and actually speak to someone? 37436d96-f09e-4530-91da-a8db9d74c64a
  5. Hacked, Email Changed all in under 1 minute. Microsoft says they cannot recover my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hacked, Email Changed all in under 1 minute. Microsoft says they cannot recover my...: Somehow someone got my email and password for my Microsoft account. I got about 4 emails of account changes, all in around 1 minutes time. I went down the "Account Recovery" rabbit hole to be told...
  6. Cannot recover Minecraft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot recover Minecraft account: A little over a year ago I migrated a Mojang account to a Microsoft account for playing Minecraft. Attached is a screenshot of the email I received when the migration was completing. Now when I...
  7. Cannot recover xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot recover xbox live account: I can't log in to my xbox live account, it says there's a security threat or something and needs me to verify who I am. I no longer have access to the phone number linked to my account so can't...
  8. I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I believe my accounts been hacked and I cannot recover it. I may have made it worse too.: Hi As of today I have noticed that I have been logged out of everything that I had been logged into with Microsoft. When I try to log back in it says that my email doesn't exist, and I did check...
  9. Recovering My Son's Account - Cannot Access Phone Used to Setup 2FA

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering My Son's Account - Cannot Access Phone Used to Setup 2FA: My son was locked out of his Xbox Account after too many unsuccessful login attempts. Unfortunately we no longer have access to the phone used to setup 2FA, and do not have the 25 Digit Account...
  10. Account phished, cannot recover as acsr states it no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account phished, cannot recover as acsr states it no longer exists: Hi all, Reaching out on behalf of a younger family member who's account has been compromised by a phishing attack to their email address (via minecraft). We have successfully saved their email...